Save Me

Titanic

March 31, 2016 in the evening when Chanyeol was browsing through SNS and found out that the news about Krystal and Kai’s relationship has been leaked to the public.

“Aish…” He’s tired from previous commitments with EXO and he blamed himself for checking his SNS when he’s supposed to take a rest. He was just staring baffled at his phone when he suddenly jumped out of shock because someone just came from behind him.

“Chanyeora… What’s that?” A deep voice surprised him. Deep calm voice of the owner he didn’t want to worry.

“Nothing... but I bet you already knew about this.” He answered. There was silence in their room. “Kyungsoo-ya…” He called the guy who was already climbing up to his bed. “I think I need someone to cuddle right now. I’m super tired.” He continued and was whining and pouting a little.

“Ah shut up. Go get Suho-hyung’s bunny.” He answered still with his deep voice as he slowly settled down his bed.

“Tsk. You’re no fun.” He said as he surrendered right away. A few seconds and the bunk bed started to shake a bit which startled Kyungsoo. But he did not bother to check. A few seconds and he felt something warm behind him. He does not believe so much in ghosts and ghosts shouldn’t feel that warm anyway so he did not bother checking again. Until an arm embraced him from the back.

“Sleep well, Do Kyungsoo.” He felt the whisper behind his ear and beaded tears started to form on his right eye – somewhere not visible to Chanyeol. He stopped his lips from shaking as much as he can. A few minutes and he didn’t notice that both of them have already fallen asleep.

---

The next day was EXO’s free day so the boys were allowed to oversleep. However, Kyungsoo have already woken up at around 7AM due to some bustling outside the bedroom he shares with Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol? Are you awake?” He asked, with hoarse voice, facing the ceiling and his right arm over his forehead. There was no answer. “Tsshhh…” his lips formed a tiny smirk because he’s sure now it’s Chanyeol that’s causing commotion in the living room. He slowly sat up, went down the bunk bed and opened the door. It was slightly open when Kyungsoo froze upon hearing this voice he loved to hear. His heart was beating so loud and he was feeling dizzy. He wondered if he should just spend all day inside the bedroom. But –

“Good morning, hyung!” Kai greeted Kyungsoo. “Come have breakfast with us.” He continued showing Kyungsoo that eye-smile. Of course, Kyungsoo can’t ignore Kai or it will be obvious that he has a problem with him so he went to the comfort room to wash-up and joined them.

“Who did the cooking?” Kyungsoo asked everyone, looked at everyone except Kai. He was already chewing a slice of the pancake.

“It’s Krystal. She brought us some breakfast. Although I’m pretty sure she asked Victoria-noona to cook all these. Haha!” Kai answered gleefully. Kyungsoo’s chewing slowed down but he smiled. And when he smiled, it hurt him even more.

So that was it, the bustling earlier was because the members were interviewing Kai about Krystal and their relationship. All of the members looked so excited except him who was quietly eating his breakfast Kai set aside for him.

“So, are you going out today? We do not have any schedule.” Suho asked Kai. He has this serious face on. As EXO’s leader, he still thinks of Kai’s image despite how happy they are right now for him.

“Uh… No… She’s spending some time with Jessica-noona.” Kai answered.

“More like Jessica-noon would be having this girl-talk with her baby sister.” Sehun said, looking so smart and taking pride of his assumptions.

Amidst the teases and laughter, no one noticed Kyungsoo stepping away from them to go to the kitchen. He washed used dishes and kitchen wares left untouched last night. A few minutes later and -

“Hyung…” Kyungsoo heard a soft voice behind him and he recognized it right away. “I’m sorry.” Time stopped for Kyungsoo and he wished for someone to grab him out of the situation, to save him and it’s definitely not Kai – he can’t do that for him anymore.