More than friends

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Taehyung didn't move and kept staring at Jungkook in shock. He didn't know what to do as he still felt Jungkook's lips on his after Jungkook pulled away. All his thoughts and emotions were going crazy trying to understand what was happening.

Jungkook stood there staring at Taehyung waiting for him to say something about the kiss, or him confessing his feelings. But there was nothing but awkward silence between them.

Jungkook sighed and picked his pillow up from the floor and made his way to the door.

He opened it and left Taehyung still standing there in shock.

 

Jungkook made his way to the living room and laid down on the couch. He tried to fall asleep, but all he could think about was what just happened between him and Taehyung. He knew Taehyung didn't feel the same way as him, so he started hating himself for kissing Taehyung unexpectedly like that. He knew he probably pushed Taehyung further away from him now and that was the last thing he wanted.

 

Taehyung left his room and followed Jungkook to the living room. He had so many thoughts and questions going through his head that he didn't know what to do till he talked to Jungkook.

As he made his way into the living room, he found Jungkook on the couch with his arm draped over his eyes.

Taehyung reached over and shook him.

'Hey!'

Jungkook didn't move from his spot.

Taehyung lifted Jungkook's arm and noticed Jungkook's face was wet from tears.

Taehyung kneeled next to Jungkook and started wiping his tears away. Taehyung hated that Jungkook closed himself off from him and wouldn't talk to him about his feelings. Seeing Jungkook like this reminded him of the day they first met, when Jungkook was curled in the corner of the room, crying. All Taehyung wanted to do was take all of Jungkook's pain away, but he didn't know how.

Taehyung sat in front of Jungkook and watched him for a few minutes. Tears escaped Jungkook's eyes every now and then, and he looked like he was having a nightmare.

Taehyung dried Jungkook's face again, then got up and laid next to him on the couch. He put his arms around him and immediately felt Jungkook start to relax as he held him in his arms.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook as he calmed down. He still heard Jungkook's confession in his head. He didn't know how he missed all the signs that Jungkook loved him. He thought they were just best friends. He had never thought of Jungkook as more than a friend before.

As Taehyung thought about the kiss, he realized Jungkook had kissed him once before. The night before they left to go back to EXO Planet.

 

Taehyung nodded. 'Of course. I like you Jungkook so I'm not going to let anyone hurt you'.

Jungkook pulled away from Taehyung and looked in his eyes. He could tell Taehyung meant what he said. Taehyung had always been there for him since they met. And he loved that. No one cared about him the same way Taehyung had.

Before Jungkook knew it, he pressed his lips against Taehyung's, but then quickly pulled away.

Taehyung stood there in shock as he looked at Jungkook.

'What was that for?' Taehyung asked.

Jungkook shrugged. 'I don't know. I saw eomma and appa do it'.

Taehyung smiled and grabbed Jungkook's hand.

 

Had Jungkook been in love with him since they were kids? Taehyung asked himself. He had so many things he wanted to ask Jungkook, but he decided to let him sleep.

Taehyung moved the hair out of Jungkook's eyes, then he laid his head on Jungkook's shoulder and soon fell asleep.

 

Jungkook woke up the next morning, barely hanging onto the couch. He tried to move back to keep from falling, but ran into something behind him. He turned around and saw Taehyung lying next to him with his arms around him.

Jungkook was surprised to see Taehyung joined him on the couch. He went to stand up, but Taehyung pulled him closer to him and kept sleeping.

Jungkook smiled as he looked at Taehyung, but he remembered that Taehyung didn't love him back, so why was he on the couch with him?

'Taehyung'. Jungkook shook him.

'Hmm?'

'Wake up'.

'A few more minutes'. Taehyung said, squeezing Jungkook.

'I have to get up'.

Taehyung sighed and let go of Jungkook.

'What are you doing out here?' Jungkook asked once Taehyung started waking up.

'I came to talk to you, but you had already fallen asleep'.

'I don't think there's anything left to talk about'. Jungkook looked at him and crossed his arms. 'I know how you feel. You made it clear to our parents that you don't love me like that'.

Taehyung stood up and grabbed Jungkook's hand, but Jungkook pulled away.

'Don't'. Jungkook said, but Taehyung grabbed him again and pulled him outside, away from their parents and BamBam.

'Let go of me!'

'Let's talk first. I have a lot of things to ask'.

'Like what?'

Taehyung sat down and pulled Jungkook next to him.

'Why didn't you tell me how you felt sooner?'

'I've been telling you my feelings for years in my own subtle way. I'm surprised you never caught on'.

Taehyung sighed. 'I'm sorry. I just always saw you as my best friend, I didn't think you felt like we were more than that'.

'Taehyung...' Jungkook looked down at his lap. 'I've loved you since we first met'.

'Really?'

'Yeah'. Jungkook nodded. 'Ever since I lost my mom, I didn't think I'd ever find anyone who cared about me the way he did. I felt like my world ended when I lost him. But then you came into my life and have made me feel loved, cared for and protected like my mom did. You have made me the happiest I have been in a long time which is why I started falling in love with you. But to know you don't feel the same hurts'.

Jungkook pulled his knees to his chest and put his head down.

'Hey'. Taehyung pulled him towards him. 'I'm sorry I didn't see how you felt sooner. We were kids, I didn't think about that at that age. But it makes sense now when you kissed me when we were younger, and why you were jealous of Jimin'.

'It just seemed like you were starting to care about him more than me since you have more in common with him'.

'I was excited to find someone with powers on Planet Mato, but I never forgot about you. We've been through so much together that I don't want to ruin our friendship'.

Jungkook nodded. 'I was so scared I was going to lose you on Planet Mato. You got sick and weak and I didn't know what to do. I felt like I was losing my mom all over again'.

Taehyung noticed tears escaping Jungkook's eyes and wiped them away.

Jungkook reached up and grabbed Taehyung's hand and kissed it.

Taehyung didn't move as he looked at Jungkook.

'I know what appa was talking about when he told me how he fell for eomma because of the warmth from his hand. It always comforts him like nothing else'. Jungkook said as he looked at Taehyung and squeezed his hand. 'That's how your warmth is for me. I always feel happy and safe when I feel it. I don't ever want to lose that'.

'That's why you always relax when I put my arms around you?'

Jungkook nodded. 'Eomma said you always wanted to be around him when you were a baby because of the warmth of his powers. So you should know how I feel when I feel your warmth'.

Taehyung thought about Baekhyun and his warmth and realized, the bear.

'That's why he gave me a bear with his powers in it so I would be able to feel his warmth when he wasn't around'. Taehyung lifted Jungkook's hand and saw the friendship bracelet he gave him. 'That's why I gave you that bracelet so you'd feel my warmth when I wasn't around'.

'It helps. But it's not the same as this'. Jungkook leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Taehyung, holding him tight.

Taehyung sat there for a minute before putting his arms around Jungkook.

'I know you don't love me back. But I hope you understand where I'm coming from now'. Jungkook said as he put his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

'I get it. I just don't want you to think I don't love you at all. But just give me time to think things over'.

'You only love me as a best friend though'.

Jungkook pulled away and looked at Taehyung carefully.

'Doesn't mean my feelings won't change. I'm always going to be here for you whether we become a couple or not. I've always felt a sense of responsibility towards you. I feel like I need to be there for you and protect you so you don't get hurt'.

'Not having you in my life hurts the most. I hope you see that I need you'.

Taehyung nodded. 'I do'.

'After everything I've been through before I met you, I was scared and weak and didn't know what to do after I lost my mom. You and eomma saved me from my step father who never loved me. I feel like for the first time, I've found love again, and I don't want to lose it. But I want you to truly care about me because you want to, not because you feel sorry for me'.

Jungkook stood up and started to head back in the house, but was stopped by Taehyung grabbing his arm.

Jungkook looked at him surprised, but didn't say anything.

'I do love you and care about you'. Taehyung said. 'I'm sorry I ever hurt you by thinking I don't care. I think we found each other for a reason'.

'So do I. Which is why I want to be with you if you ever change your mind'.

Taehyung smiled and put his hands on Jungkook's cheeks.

'I want to try and see where it takes us'.

'Really?' Jungkook smiled. 'You're not just saying that to make me feel better?'

Taehyung shook his head. 'I mean it. Let's try being a couple'. He smiled as he leaned forward and kissed Jungkook.

Jungkook kissed him back and put his arms around Taehyung's neck. He felt like this was a dream and he never wanted to wake up from it.

Jungkook leaned against the wall as he and Taehyung kept kissing.

 

Baekhyun had gotten up and went to the boy's room to wake them up, but the room was empty. Baekhyun looked around the room confused and started looking for the boys in the rest of the house, but he couldn't find them.

Baekhyun woke Daehyun and BamBam up and told them Taehyung and Jungkook were missing.

'Calm down, Baek'. Daehyun said. 'I'm sure the boys are fine. They're probably over at Jimin's house'.

'This early in the morning?'

Daehyun turned to BamBam. 'Please tell your mother where Taehyung and Jungkook are so we can go back to sleep'.

Baekhyun hit Daehyun's arm. 'Good to know sleep is more important to you than the safety of our sons'.

'Of course I'm worried about the boys. But BamBam can tell us where they are'.

'What's in it for me?' BamBam asked. 'I'm not Taehyung's keeper, so I should get something for telling you where he's at'.

'Where is he?' Baekhyun put his hands on his hips.

'No reward?'

'No. Tell me where he is or you're going to be in trouble too'.

Daehyun leaned over to BamBam and whispered to him, 'If I were you I'd tell your mom what he wants to know. You don't want to be on his bad side. Trust me. I've been there'.

BamBam sighed and concentrated on Taehyung's whereabouts. He suddenly shuddered and looked at Baekhyun.

'I really didn't need to see that'.

'See what?' Baekhyun asked. 'Is Taehyung hurt?'

'No, he's fine. He and Jungkook are getting to know each other better'. He smiled.

'What?'

BamBam pointed outside to the patio.

Baekhyun ran over to the door with Daehyun following behind him.

Baekhyun pulled back the curtain and looked around until he saw Taehyung and Jungkook leaning against the wall kissing.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun who was smirking.

'Come on, Baek. We all saw this coming'.

'I know, but I wasn't expecting it now'.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'Hey, at least they aren't fighting anymore'.

'That's true. My boys are growing up too fast'.

Daehyun put his arms around Baekhyun and kissed the top of his head.

'Ugh'. BamBam groaned. 'Not you too!'

'Your time is coming soon'. Daehyun said.

'I'll pass. That's gross'.

'We'll see if you feel the same in a few years'.

'Not happening!' 

BamBam yelled as he ran to his room.

 

Taehyung pulled away from Jungkook and smiled at him.

'I hope you're feeling better now'. He said as he squeezed Jungkook's hand.

'I am'. Jungkook smiled. 'I just hope to stay that way'.

'I don't want to hurt you again. So I'll do whatever I have to to make you happy'.

Jungkook smiled and kissed him, but suddenly pulled away.

'What is it?' Taehyung asked.

'We have an audience'.

The boys looked at the door and saw Baekhyun and Daehyun standing there watching them.

Taehyung stood there in horror as he thought about how he was going to talk to his parents about this.