Complicated future

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

'Baek, stop!' Daehyun said as he watched Baekhyun pace back and forth in the waiting room. 'This isn't going to help'.

Baekhyun kept pacing but looked over at Daehyun. 'I can't help it. I might lose one of my babies'.

Daehyun stood up and went over to Baekhyun. 'You don't know that. Just sit down for now before you drive yourself crazy'.

'What if they can't save BamBam?' Baekhyun looked at Daehyun with watery eyes.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek. 'Don't think like that'.

'Dae, we're on Earth'. Baekhyun whispered. 'BamBam is not from here. What if they realize we're not from Earth? I can't be sent from planet to planet because these people are scared of something they don't understand'.

'You don't know that will happen'. Daehyun said as he put his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders. 'Just try and stay calm. You're just making us more suspicious'.

Baekhyun looked around at the people and the hospital, hoping he hadn't caused any problems. Luckily he's didn't see anyone looking in their direction.

Daehyun led Baekhyun back to the chairs and had him sit down.

Baekhyun held Daehyun's hand as they waited for the doctor.

 

'Mr. Jung?' Daehyun looked up when he heard his name and saw the doctor coming over to them.

Baekhyun and Daehyun stood up.

'What's going on with my baby?' Baekhyun asked.

'Is your son allergic to anything?' The doctor asked.

Baekhyun and Daehyun looked at each other. 'Not that I know of'. Baekhyun shook his head. 'Why?'

'Overall, he seems to be fine, but we can't figure out why he's having an allergic reaction'. 

'He's never had an allergic reaction to anything'. Baekhyun said. 'He's always been fine till tonight'.

'He hasn't been around anything unusual lately?'

Baekhyun kept looking at Daehyun, not knowing what to tell the doctor. They'd been around a lot of unusual things since leaving EXO Planet.

'He was fine until I put him in his crib'. Baekhyun said.

'How long as he been using that crib?'

'Umm...tonight was the first time'.

The doctor nodded. 'It might be something in that crib. We'll keep him over night and keep an eye on him'.

Baekhyun squeezed Daehyun's hand. 'Is there any way I can stay with him?' Baekhyun asked. 'He's never gone a night without me around'.

Daehyun looked over at Baekhyun. 'You want to stay at the hospital?'

'No, but I want to be around my son'.

'Is that okay?' Daehyun looked at the doctor.

'You can, but there's not a lot that can be done right now'.

'It's okay, I just want him to know that I'm here'.

'What about Taehyung?' Daehyun asked.

'Go, stay with him, while I look after BamBam'. Baekhyun said.

'Baek, you know Taehyung is going to want to be around you'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I know. But I need to be here for BamBam right now'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him and hugged him. He really didn't want to leave Baekhyun alone in the hospital, but he knew Baekhyun wasn't going to leave until he knew BamBam was okay.

'Call me if anything happens'.

'I will'. Baekhyun pulled away and kissed him.

The doctor escorted Baekhyun down the hall to BamBam's room. Baekhyun had noticed the lights had stopped flickering as he made his way into the room. He just hoped that was a good sign.

Baekhyun went inside BamBam's room and found him asleep with tubes attached to him. Baekhyun tried to hold back his tears as he looked at the sight of his youngest son fighting for his life in the hospital.

Baekhyun got closer to BamBam and saw he wasn't as blue as when they brought him to the hospital. He was relieved, but still hated seeing him this way.

Baekhyun reached over and grabbed one of BamBam's hands and held it. BamBam's eyes slowly opened as he looked over at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled when he saw BamBam look up at him. 'You're going to be okay, sweetie. Eomma is here'.

BamBam kept staring at Baekhyun. Baekhyun reached over with his other hand and rubbed the top of BamBam's head gently. 

Baekhyun saw a small smile start to form on BamBam's face, which made him relax a little. Baekhyun stayed close to him the whole night to make sure BamBam knew he wasn't alone and that he was going to be okay.

 

Daehyun made his way back to their new apartment and saw the lights on. He went inside and saw Taehyung and Mrs. Byun in the living room.

Taehyung turned to Daehyun when he heard the door open.  'Appa!'

He made his way over to Daehyun and looked at the door waiting for Baekhyun to come inside, but he never saw him.

'Where's eomma?' Taehyung pouted.

'He's still at the hospital with your brother'.

'Why?'

'BamBam isn't ready to come home yet, so eomma is staying with him'.

'Is BamBam not coming back?'

Daehyun wasn't sure if Taehyung was secretly happy about that or not. 

'The doctor said BamBam is going to be fine, but they want to keep him over night to make sure'.

'I don't want BamBam to come back'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Taehyung, stop hating on your brother. You are loved just as much as he is. So stop being jealous of him'.

'But I liked it when it was just you, me and eomma'.

'But BamBam is part of the family now. And his life is at risk. You don't want to keep having this negative attitude against him do you?'

Taehyung shrugged.

'Tae, your eomma and I are doing everything we can to make sure you and BamBam are taken care of. We love both of you and want to be a happy family. But you hating on BamBam is upsetting us, especially your eomma'.

Taehyung stood there and stared at Daehyun, not saying a word.

'Do you want to keep hurting me and eomma?'

Taehyung shook his head.

'Every time you say something bad about BamBam it hurts eomma, so we want you to stop and start getting along with BamBam. Okay?'

'Okay, appa'. Taehyung looked at the ground. 'I'm sorry'.

Daehyun put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. 'Just remember, we need your help to take care of BamBam. He's counting on his family right now'.

'Can we go see eomma and BamBam?' Taehyung looked at Daehyun with his sad eyes.

'Not tonight. We'll go see them in the morning'.

'Okay'. Taehyung sighed and started heading to his room. Daehyun followed him and went over to BamBam's crib.

Daehyun was remembering what the doctor said about BamBam possibly being allergic to the crib.

'Watcha doing?' Taehyung asked from his bed.

'Just looking at something'. Daehyun said. 'Go to sleep'.

Daehyun grabbed the crib and started rolling it out of the room. Taehyung watched him the whole time from his bed.

'Is BamBam changing rooms?' Taehyung asked.

'No, he's not'.

'Then why are you taking his crib?'

'Don't worry about it. Just go to sleep'.

'I can't'. Taehyung climbed out of his bed and followed Daehyun out to the living room.

Daehyun set the crib in the middle of the room and started examining it. He looked at the frame, the mattress and the blankets. To him it looked like a normal crib.

Taehyung got closer to the crib, but Daehyun suddenly pulled him away.

'What was that for?' Taehyung glared at him.

'Stay away from the crib'.

'Why?'

'Because, this might be the reason BamBam is in the hospital'.

'It's just a bed'.

'Just stay away from it for now'. Daehyun grabbed Taehyung and took him back to his room.

'I'm not sleepy, appa'.

'But the sooner you go to bed, the sooner you can see eomma'.

'Okay!' Taehyung smiled and climbed into bed.

Daehyun tucked him in, then went back to the living room to look at the crib again.

 

The next day, Taehyung woke up early and climbed out of bed and ran to his parent's room. He opened the door and found Daehyun asleep in his bed. He went over to him and tapped his arm.

'Appa!' He said, but got no response.

He started hitting Daehyun harder. 'Appa!'

Daehyun hit his hand away and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

Taehyung glared at him and ran to the other side of the bed. He tried hitting Daehyun's arm again, but Daehyun still wouldn't wake up.

Taehyung grabbed the sheets and pulled himself up on the bed. He walked over and started jumping on the bed.

Daehyun immediately woke up and looked up at Taehyung. 'What are you doing? Get off the bed'.

'Wake up, appa. We need to go see eomma!' Taehyung said as he kept jumping on the bed.

'We'll go see him soon, now stop jumping!'

But Taehyung wouldn't listen, he kept jumping on the bed and annoying Daehyun. Daehyun sat up and tried to grab Taehyung, but Taehyung noticed and started to move away from him and ended up jumping on Daehyun instead.

Daehyun immediately stopped reaching for Taehyung and grabbed himself as he waited for the pain to go away.

'Let's go, appa!' Taehyung said as he grabbed Daehyun's arm.

Daehyun was still in pain from Taehyung jumping on him. 'In a minute. Go get ready'. Daehyun said.

Taehyung crawled off the bed and went to his room.

Daehyun slowly made his way out of bed and started getting ready to leave.

After he got dressed, he fed Taehyung then took him to the hospital.

 

Daehyun asked the receptionist where BamBam's room was when they arrived at the hospital. They found BamBam's room and went inside. Taehyung ran over to Baekhyun who was sitting in the chair next to BamBam's bed.

'Eomma!'

Baekhyun looked over and hugged Taehyung. 'Hey, sweetie'. He smiled.

Daehyun went over to look at BamBam while Baekhyun hugged Taehyung.

'He seems to be doing better'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'He's slowly getting better. But he still has a ways to go'.

Daehyun hugged Baekhyun and held him close. 'He'll be fine'.

'Do you really think it's the crib that affected him?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I looked at the crib when I got home last night, but I didn't see anything weird about it. So I don't know if there's anything he could be allergic to'.

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's arm and took him to the corner of the room. Daehyun looked at his husband confused.

'Dae, I've been thinking...'

'About?'

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at Daehyun. 'What if it's not the crib? What if he's allergic to Earth?'

'What?'

'Think about it, he's only ever lived on EXO Planet. He may not be used to these surroundings'.

'So what are we supposed to do?' Daehyun looked at him.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I don't know, but he can't stay here, if I'm right'.

'Maybe it's something else. The doctors might be able to help him so he doesn't have this reaction again'.

'Dae, there's nothing they can really do without knowing that we're not from Earth'.

'There has to be something'.

Baekhyun shrugged. 'As I was thinking about what it could be, I realized BamBam has seemed weaker since we got here. He hasn't really seemed like his normal self'.

'But there's nothing we can really do'. Daehyun said. 'We can't go back to EXO Planet or Planet Mato'.

'I know, but he can't live here in this condition'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him. 'We just have to hope the doctors can figure it out before it's too late'.

Baekhyun nodded and held Daehyun. All he wanted was to be happy with Daehyun and his sons, but nothing seemed to go right for them.

Daehyun sighed. He didn't know what to do. His family was falling apart and he felt responsible. All he could do in that moment was calm Baekhyun down and hope that they could help BamBam without having to move to another planet again.