I love you

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Jungkook followed Taehyung to school, but didn't say anything the whole way there. He kept sneaking glances at Taehyung as he walked behind him. All He kept thinking about when he looked at Taehyung, was what he said to their parents. All this time he thought that Taehyung had cared about him as more than a friend, but he was wrong. He really wanted Taehyung to like him, but didn't know if he should try and change Taehyung's mind about him or not.

 

Jungkook was distracted the whole day. He kept glancing at Taehyung awkwardly and became more quiet than usual.

Taehyung had noticed Jungkook was keeping to himself, which he knew meant that Jungkook was upset about something. He had tried to talk to Jung throughout the day, but Jungkook would ignore him and keep walking.

 

After school, Taehyung had had enough of Jungkook's silent treatment and grabbed Jungkook's arm when they were walking home.

'Hey'. Taehyung turned Jungkook towards him and stopped him in his tracks.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung but didn't say anything.

'What's wrong with you?'

Jungkook shook his head. 'Nothing. Just thinking'.

'About what?'

'It's not important. Forget it'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook carefully. He knew Jungkook was lying, but didn't know why. He was worried about him and grabbed his hand.

'You can tell me if something's wrong'.

Jungkook looked down at their hands, enjoying Taehyung's touch. But it didn't feel the same knowing Taehyung didn't feel the same way about him.

'I told you, everything's fine'. He said as pulled his hand out of Taehyung's. 'I'm going home'.

'I'm going to hang out with Jimin. Want to come?' Taehyung asked.  'You haven't really seen him since you got back from Mato'.

Jungkook shook his head. 'I have a lot of work to do. Maybe later'.

Jungkook turned around and started walking away.

Taehyung stood there confused as he watched Jungkook leave. He had a feeling Jungkook was still jealous about him spending time with Jimin. He didn't understand it since they were older now, they didn't have to do everything together. Taehyung left and headed towards Jimin's house.

 

Jungkook had barely said anything to Taehyung in weeks. He decided to focus on school and start looking for activities to do on his down time to take his mind off of things. He also joined Daehyun on his next trip to Mato.

Daehyun liked that Jungkook was taking an interest in Mato, but he could tell Jungkook wasn't himself. He decided not to question it and left Jungkook alone as he talked to Youngjae about Mato. Jungkook still acted interested in Mato as he sat with Daehyun and Youngjae, but changed the subject if they asked him how he was, or asked him about Taehyung.

 

Taehyung was spending less time at home and more time at Jimin's. He was enjoying spending time with Jimin and his parents, except for when it came to school. He and Jimin were in the same class and spent a lot of time studying together.

They were studying in Jimin's room when Jimin closed his book and turned to Taehyung.

'Why hasn't Jungkook been over here yet? It seems like he's avoiding me'.

'It's not you'. Taehyung said. 'I think I upset him somehow'.

'What happened?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'I have no idea. He won't tell me. He keeps to himself a lot, especially when he's upset'.

'Hopefully he comes around. I would like to see him again'.

'Maybe you can come over later. I'm sure my parents won't mind'.

'That would be great. Hopefully Jungkook won't mind'.

'I'm sure he'll be fine if our parents are around. It might not seem as awkward to him'. Taehyung smiled and turned his attention back to his back. 'Now help me with the next problem'.

Jimin opened his book back up and helped Taehyung with his homework.

 

That night, Taehyung brought Jimin and his parents over for dinner. Baekhyun and Daehyun were surprised to see them, but Baekhyun made extra food for them. Baekhyun wasn't going to turn Jimin and his parents down after what they did for them. Baekhyun still felt he owed Jimin's parents for taking care of Taehyung and Jungkook.

Everyone had a good time at dinner, except for Jungkook. He smiled and acted like he was having fun, but deep down, he just wanted to be by himself. 

He noticed how close Jimin and Taehyung had gotten, he tried to ignore it, but it hurt seeing Taehyung giving all his attention to Jimin.

Jungkook stood up from the table and left the room while everyone was distracted. He made his way to his and Taehyung's room and shut the door. 

He laid down on his bed at stared at the friendship bracelet Taehyung had given him. It was worn and faded, but he was still able to feel Taehyung's powers from it.

He wished he had the courage to tell Taehyung how he felt, but he was scared of the rejection. 

Jungkook closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep, but was distracted by the door opening.

'Jungkook?' 

Jungkook recognized Baekhyun's voice and looked at him.

'Yeah?'

'Are you alright? We noticed you left without saying anything'.

'I'm fine, just wanted to lie down'.

Baekhyun went over to Jungkook's bed and sat down.

'Jungkook, remember what I told you? You don't need to be jealous of Taehyung's friends. Besides I thought you would be friends with Jimin too'.

Jungkook shook his head. 'It's not that. I like Jimin. I just have something else on my mind'.

'You want to talk about it?'

Jungkook shook his head again. 'No. I just want to be alone'.

'You know your father and I will listen if you want to talk about it'.

'I know'. Jungkook smiled.

Baekhyun hugged Jungkook and kissed the top of his head before leaving the room.

Jungkook laid back down and kept thinking about Taehyung till he fell asleep.

 

A week later, Baekhyun had gotten out of bed and started getting dressed.

Daehyun started getting the boys up and ready for school, then he made his way back to Baekhyun who was pacing in their room.

'I have never seen you this upset over a doctor's visit'. Daehyun said as he grabbed Baekhyun's waist and held him still.

'I can't help it. I feel like this is our last chance to have a kid. What if I'm not pregnant?'

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun worried.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Baekhyun. 'Then we'll keep trying '. He smirked.

'I think you are just enjoying the '. Baekhyun said as he crossed his arms.

'What? You're not?' Daehyun asked, looking offended.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Of course I'm enjoying it. You still know how to pleasure me'. He said as he kissed Daehyun. 'But I'm not feeling like I did when I was pregnant with Taehyung and BamBam'.

'We've been having for the past month. You should be pregnant by now'.

'I hope so'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Baekhyun. 'Don't worry. It'll be fine'.

Baekhyun nodded and escorted Daehyun to the living room where the boys were finishing their breakfast.

Baekhyun noticed Jungkook and Taehyung were still keeping their distance from each other. He hated to see them like that, but he wanted the boys to work this problem out themselves. He had other things to worry about at the moment.

 

Baekhyun went to his doctor's appointment after Daehyun and the boys left. He was nervous as he waited to see the doctor, but he knew that Daehyun was right. If he wasn't pregnant right now, they could keep trying.

Baekhyun got called back and had tests done. 

The wait was killing him as he sat in the doctor's office waiting for the results.

Finally, doctor Kim came into the office with the test results.

'Sorry, about the wait'. Doctor Kim said. 'I had to run your tests a couple times'.

'Why? Is something wrong?'

'Well, I'm sorry to say it's not good news'.

Baekhyun sighed and looked at his lap. 'So I'm not pregnant. I had a feeling since I didn't feel the same as when I was pregnant with my sons'.

Doctor Kim nodded. 'You are not pregnant, and from the looks of these tests, you can't get pregnant again'.

Baekhyun turned his attention back to the doctor.

'What do you mean?'

'You know with age, our bodies don't work like they used to. And it looks like your body has reached the point where you and you husband can't have another baby'. 

'But I thought I still had time before my body stopped being able to have a baby'.

'I'm sorry, the results show differently. I wish I could of had better news for you. But you can always adopt or hire a surrogate'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I'll have to talk to my husband and think about it'.

 

Baekhyun was miserable the rest of the day. He was kicking himself for waiting so long to try and have another baby. But he reminded himself he still had three boys and a husband to take care of.

He tried to busy himself with chores when Taehyung walked in the door.

'Eomma, I'm going over to Jimin's again tonight'.

'Alright. You sure have been spending a lot of time over there lately'.

'It's better than being around Jungkook who is giving me the silent treatment'.

'You two still aren't talking?'

'No. I've tried, but he doesn't want to talk to me'.

'I'm sure he'll come around. He's been busy with your father and his after school activities'.

Taehyung nodded. 'He's actually taken up boxing. I'm afraid he's going to beat me up in my sleep one of these nights if he's still angry at me'.

'Tae, Jungkook would never do that to you'. Baekhyun smiled. 'He cares about you too much to get violent with you'.

'I'm still sleeping with one eye open till he starts talking to me again'.

'You'll be fine. You can always share a room with BamBam if you want'.

'I'm good'.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged Taehyung. 'I'm sure you and Jungkook will be fine'.

When they separated from their hug, Taehyung noticed Baekhyun's eyes were red.

'Eomma, are you okay?'

'I'm fine'. Baekhyun fake smiled.

'Why were you crying?'

'I wasn't. Just something burning my eye. That's all'.

Taehyung sighed. 'No one wants to tell me anything. This is why I've been spending my time with Jimin'.

Baekhyun put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder and looked at him carefully.

'Taehyung, this does not concern you. This is between me and your father'.

'So something is going on. Are you fighting?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Your father and I are fine. We still love each other'.

'Then what is it?'

'Tae...'

Baekhyun heard the door open and saw Daehyun walk through the door.

Daehyun started to go over to Baekhyun, but stopped in his tracks when he noticed how upset he and Taehyung were.

'What's going on?' Daehyun asked.

'Nothing'. Taehyung said. 'I was just leaving'.

Taehyung walked past Daehyun and slammed the door as he left the house.

'What was that about?' Daehyun turned back to Baekhyun. 'Did he do something to upset you'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'No, he's upset at me'.

'Why?'

'Because I didn't want to tell him what happened today until I talked to you'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun confused. 'Talk to me about what?'

'My doctor's appointment '.

'Oh right. How'd it go? Are we parents again, or do we need to keep trying?' He smiled, but that smile quickly faded when he saw tears falling down Baekhyun's cheeks.

'Baek, what happened?' He asked as he started wiping Baekhyun's tears away.

'We waited too late'.

'What?'

'The doctor said I can't get pregnant anymore'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him and held him tight.

'I'm so sorry, Baek. But we still have three amazing boys'.

'I know. I had just hoped for another, but that won't happen now'.

Daehyun held Baekhyun in his arms till he had calmed. He hated seeing Baekhyun so upset and not being able to do anything about it.

 

That night, Taehyung came home from Jimin's and made his way to his bedroom. Everyone was asleep, so he tried to be as quiet as he could.

He opened the door to his room and saw Jungkook on the floor exercising. Taehyung stared at him in surprise that he was still awake. He even found himself staring at Jungkook's body as Jungkook stood up.

'You're home late'. Jungkook said as he sat on his bed.

'I lost track of time'. Taehyung said as he shut the door. 'Surprised you're talking to me'.

'Not for long'. Jungkook laid down on his bed and closed his eyes.

Taehyung sighed and got into bed, but he turned towards Jungkook and watched him for a few minutes.

Taehyung was still frustrated that Jungkook wasn't talking to him. He had enough of the silent treatment and wanted some answers.

Taehyung made light appear in his hand and shined it in Jungkook's face.

Jungkook squinted and turned over so he was facing the wall.

Taehyung made the light brighter and kept shining it towards Jungkook.

'Stop it!' Jungkook yelled as he faced Taehyung.

'No! We need to talk'.

'No, so stop shining the light and go to sleep'.

Jungkook turned towards the wall again and pulled the blankets over his head.

Taehyung stood up and pulled the sheets off of Jungkook.

'Why the hell won't you talk to me?' Taehyung looked at him. 'What did I do?'

'Nothing. Now leave me alone!'

'Not until you tell me what's going on'.

'Nothing is going on. I'm fine'.

Taehyung glared at him. 'No one wants to tell me anything. You and eomma say everything is fine, but I know you're both lying'.

'I'm not lying'. Jungkook pushed Taehyung away and faced away from him.

'I know you're lying. I've known you for about eight years now. You always stay quiet and keep to yourself when you're upset'.

Jungkook shook his head. 'I'm fine'.

'This is exactly how you acted when we were at Jimin's house on Mato. Are you jealous of Jimin again?'

'No'.

'Then what is it?'

'You claim to know me so well, so you figure it out'.

Taehyung sighed and grabbed Jungkook's arm.

'Talk to me. I'm tired of this silent treatment'.

Jungkook stood up and grabbed his pillow.

'Don't start acting like you care about me again'.

Taehyung looked at him confused. 'What are you talking about? I never stopped caring about you'.

'If you did, you wouldn't be waiting so long to figure what's going on'.

'You seemed like you needed space, so I gave it to you'.

Jungkook shook his head and looked at Taehyung carefully.

'The Taehyung I know never would of left my side no matter what I was going through'.

'You've been pushing me away!' Taehyung glared at him. 'How can I be there for you when you want nothing to do with me?'

Jungkook sighed. 'You really don't know me as well as you think you do. Otherwise you'd know what I've been going through and how I feel'.

'So tell me'. Taehyung put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and looked him in the eyes. 'I want to help you and be there for you. Please tell me what's bothering you'.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung and felt the warm from his hand on his shoulder. He looked at Taehyung carefully and saw how truly worried he was. Jungkook felt like he was looking at the old Taehyung again. He bit his lip and looked down at the ground.

As Taehyung waited for Jungkook to reply, he was caught off guard when Jungkook pushed him against the wall.

Taehyung started getting scared as he looked at Jungkook. 

'What the...'

But Taehyung's words were cut off as he felt Jungkook's lips on his.

Taehyung didn't know what to do as he felt Jungkook kiss him. He looked at Jungkook shocked as Jungkook pulled away and stared at him.

Finally Jungkook said, 'I love you, you idiot!'