Play date

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Baekhyun managed to get away from Chanyeol and went inside the house. He went to his room and changed clothes. Then he went to check on BamBam.

Mrs. Byun had put him down for a nap. Baekhyun saw he was still sleeping so he didn't disturb him.

Baekhyun then made his way to the back door to check on Taehyung and Jungkook. Baekhyun noticed Taehyung was smiling a lot more than usual as he watched the boys play and chase each other. It made Baekhyun feel better knowing Taehyung was happy having a friend around.

Baekhyun opened the door and went over to the boys.

'Looks like you guys are having fun'.

The boys looked over at Baekhyun and nodded.

'You want to join us, eomma?'

'Me?' Baekhyun pointed at himself.

'Yeah. It will be fun'. Taehyung grabbed Baekhyun's hand and led him over to Jungkook.

'What do you want to play?'

'Hide and seek'.

Jungkook nodded in agreement.

'Alright. You boys go hide, but stay out of the bedrooms'.

'Okay, eomma'.

Baekhyun turned around and started counting. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and led him inside.

'Go hide'. Taehyung let go of Jungkook's hand. 'But stay out of those rooms at the end of the hall.

'Okay'.

Taehyung went and crawled behind the couch. Jungkook looked around and headed towards the bathroom. He climbed in the shower and pulled the curtain closed.

 

Baekhyun stopped counting and started looking for the boys. He had heard them go in the house, so he made his way inside.

Taehyung saw Baekhyun walk into the living room. He made sure Baekhyun couldn't see him from either side of the couch.

Baekhyun looked everywhere for the boys. He heard Taehyung trying to muffle his laughs as he walked through the living room. He followed the sound and found Taehyung behind the couch.

'Found you'. He said as he grabbed Taehyung's leg.

'Aww'. Taehyung sighed and crawled out from behind the couch. 'What gave me away?'

'I heard you laughing'.

Taehyung pouted and gave Baekhyun his sad eyes.

'Nope, it counts'. Baekhyun smiled. 'Now, where's Jungkook?'

 Taehyung shrugged. 'I told him to hide somewhere else'.

Baekhyun was hoping Jungkook hadn't gone into one of the bedrooms after he told the boys not to. 'Let's go find him'.

Baekhyun grabbed Taehyung's hand and led him around the house.

 

Baekhyun checked the bedrooms just to make sure Jungkook wasn't in any of them. But he couldn't find him.

Baekhyun and Taehyung made their way into the bathroom. Baekhyun noticed the shower curtain was closed. He opened it and found Jungkook lying in the tub.

'Found you'. Baekhyun said as he helped Jungkook out of the tub.

Jungkook looked at Baekhyun and Taehyung and smiled. 'I was beginning to think you wouldn't find me'.

'You hid really well'.

 

Baekhyun and the boys played for awhile longer, before Baekhyun took them to the kitchen for a snack.

'Hope your step father doesn't mind me feeding you'. Baekhyun looked at Jungkook as he set a plate of different snacks in front of the boys.

Jungkook shook his head. 'It's fine'.

Baekhyun smiled as Jungkook grabbed a cookie from the plate. As he reached for the cookie, Baekhyun saw a couple bruises on Jungkook's arm.

Baekhyun remembered Taehyung telling him that some of the boys at school where picking on Jungkook. Baekhyun figured he got the bruises from them.

Baekhyun gave the boys some juice and started cleaning up the living room.

 

'Let's go to my room'. Taehyung said when they finished eating. 'I have a bunch of toys in there'.

'Okay'. Jungkook followed Taehyung to his room.

'Don't wake up BamBam!' Baekhyun called after them.

'Who's BamBam?' Jungkook asked.

'My brother'. Taehyung sighed and opened the door to his room.

'Really? I always wanted a brother'.

Taehyung looked at him confused. 'Why?'

'It can be lonely being an only child'.

 

Taehyung watched as Jungkook went over to BamBam's crib and saw BamBam open his eyes.

'He's awake'. Jungkook looked at Taehyung. 'Can we play with him?'

'I thought you wanted to play with me'. Taehyung gave Jungkook his sad eyes.

Jungkook smiled and grabbed his hand. 'I can do both. Plus, I just want to see BamBam once'.

'But, you did see him. He's right there'. Taehyung pointed to the crib.

Taehyung still couldn't understand why everyone was interested in BamBam. What did BamBam have that he didn't?

Jungkook suddenly left Taehyung's room and went to find Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was still cleaning the living room when he felt something tug on his shirt.

Baekhyun jumped and turned towards Jungkook.

'You scared me'  Baekhyun put his hand on his chest. 'What's wrong?' He asked when he noticed Jungkook was alone.

'Nothing. I was just wondering if I could see BamBam. He's awake'.

'You didn't wake him, did you?'

Jungkook shook his head. 'No. He was already awake'.

Baekhyun set his cleaning stuff down and grabbed Jungkook's hand. 'Come on'.

Jungkook looked at Baekhyun's hand as they walked down the hall. He felt something that he had never felt before.

'Why is your hand so warm?'

Baekhyun looked at him and smiled. 'You feel it too?'

Jungkook nodded. 'What is it? No one I know has warmth like that in their hand'.

'Wish I could tell you, but I don't know what it is'.

'Is it from the light that shows up in your hand?'

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks. He looked over and saw how interested and curious Jungkook was.

'Light?' He asked.

'Yeah. Taehyung showed me at school. It was really cool'. He smiled. 'He said you taught him how to do it'.

Baekhyun smiled and kneeled next to Jungkook. 

'Taehyung wasn't supposed to show that trick to anyone. That's why he got in trouble'.

'Why?'

'I'll tell you later'.

'Can you teach me how to do it?'

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at Jungkook's hand. 'I don't know. Taehyung is the only one I've taught so far'.

'Can you try?'

Baekhyun couldn't say no when he saw how excited Jungkook was.

He turned Jungkook's hand over and held it as he made the light appear in his own hand.

Jungkook stood in amazement as he saw the light in Baekhyun's hand appear out of nowhere.

Baekhyun moved his hand to Jungkook's and tried to move the light to it. He cupped his hand over Jungkook's and slowly lifted his hand away. The light sat in between their hands.

Baekhyun kept smiling as he watched Jungkook's reaction. It reminded him of the first time he showed Taehyung his powers. Both boys had the same excitement in their eyes as they watched the light shine in Baekhyun's hand.

Jungkook tried to take the light with him, but it stayed next to Baekhyun's hand.

'Why won't it follow me?' Jungkook pouted.

Baekhyun kept smiling and turned his hand towards Jungkook so the light would start following him.

'How do you do that?' Jungkook asked once Baekhyun closed his hand and the light faded.

'It's a secret. But maybe one day I'll tell you'.

'Okay'.

Baekhyun could tell Jungkook was a little disappointed. He put his hand on his shoulder.

'I'll tell you later if you can promise me something'.

'What?'

'Promise that you won't tell anyone about what Taehyung and I can do with the light. It's a very important secret. The only reason I'm trusting you with this is because Taehyung already showed you'.

Baekhyun looked at Jungkook seriously.

'Can I trust you won't break this promise?'

Jungkook nodded. 'I promise I won't tell'.

'You can't even tell your step father'.

'Okay'.

'Good. Let's go check on the boys'.

 

Baekhyun went into the boy's room and went over to the crib. He found BamBam crawling around and picked him up.

Baekhyun took him over to the changing table and changed him. Jungkook stood by Baekhyun and watched him with interest.

Taehyung noticed Jungkook was following Baekhyun around everywhere he went. He didn't understand it.

Taehyung went over to Jungkook and grabbed his hand. 'Let's play'.

'We will. I want to see BamBam first'.

Baekhyun put BamBam on the floor and he started crawling around.

Jungkook picked up a toy and showed it to him. 

BamBam went over to Jungkook and reached for the toy. Jungkook gave him the toy and started playing with him. BamBam squealed in excitement as someone new played with him.

Baekhyun smiled as Jungkook and BamBam played. But he noticed Taehyung was keeping his distance from them.

Baekhyun sighed and was getting ready to say something when the doorbell rang. 

'Keep an eye on BamBam'. Baekhyun said as he left the room.

He made his way to the door and opened it. Standing on the other side of the door was Chanyeol.

Baekhyun let him inside, which he really didn't want to do, but did it anyway.

'Jungkook is down the hall. I'll go get him'.

Baekhyun went to get Jungkook, but was stopped when he felt Chanyeol grab his arm.

'I'm not here for him'.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol confused. 'What?'

Chanyeol smiled. 'I came to talk to you'.

'About?'

'Look, I really don't want Jungkook to keep growing up with only one parent. So I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me. And if things work out, you can be Jungkook's new step parent and he'd have your son as a playmate every day'.

Baekhyun sighed and tried to pull out of Chanyeol's grasp. 'I appreciate the offer, but I can't'.

'Why not?'

'Because, I'm already taken'.

'By who? You told me you didn't have a wife'.

'I don't. But I do have a husband'.

Baekhyun was able to get out of Chanyeol's grasp and he rubbed his arm from where Chanyeol grabbed him.

'How come I haven't seen him?'

'He's out of town at the moment'.

Chanyeol smirked. 'How convenient'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'What?'

'I think you're lying'.

'I'm not'. Baekhyun showed him his wedding ring.

'How long is he going to be gone?'

'I don't know. Hopefully he'll be back soon'.

'We can still spend time together till he comes back'.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol disgusted. He had been hit on by a lot of guys before, but Chanyeol was one of the creepiest.

'I don't know what kind of guys you've hit on before, but I'm not like that. I have never been unfaithful to my husband, and I'm sure as hell not going to start now. Especially with you'.

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's expression change from hopeful to anger in a matter of seconds. It freaked him out.

'What the hell is wrong with being with me?'

'Again, I'm married. I'm sure you can find someone else'.

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol getting closer to him, he backed up till he was against the wall.

'I have been looking for someone to be with, and it's not easy. That's why I thought we could try since we're neighbors, we both have kids, and you are cute as hell'.

Baekhyun put his hands in front of him to push Chanyeol away from him.

'Please, stop. I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. I love my husband'.

'But does he love you?'

Baekhyun didn't see that question coming. His arms slacked against Chanyeol and he kept staring at him in shock.

'Why would he go out of town and leave you alone with the kids, when you don't even know when he's coming back?'

'I don't have to answer that'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'But I do know my husband and I love each other. And I think it's best if you leave'.

Baekhyun moved towards the door and opened it.

'You're making a mistake'. Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'No, I'm not. Leave'.

Chanyeol sighed and made his way to the door. 'If you change your mind, you know where to find me'.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and kept waiting for Chanyeol to leave. Instead, he felt Chanyeol pull him towards him and suddenly felt lips on his. Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock as he tried to push Chanyeol off of him. As he did, he noticed the light appeared in his hands. He was hoping Chanyeol wouldn't notice.