Yoonmin Operation Pt.3: Oh, sh*t!

Smells like Teen Spirit

A/N: Hey guys I'm finally back!!!
I'm proud to say I have successfully managed to NOT FAIL and I am as of now in possession of an official swiss maturité (which is notoriously hard to obtain)!! Yayy~
Anyways, this is a shout out to all you wonderful readers who have left kudos and encouraging comments on my humble work. Thank you everyone and sorry for the wait!!
This chapter contains some more Yoonmin angst (is this really angst? it's more like frustration at their unbelievably thick obliviousness) and fluff, a lot more of Mamamoo (their comeback killed me, OMG Solar's pink hair and Moonbyul's purple braids<3) and some BtoB (another of my absolute favourite groups). Hope you enjoy!^^

 

Hoseok uncrossed his arms and groaned in exasperation when he heard Jungkook's explanation.

"That's just great," he lamented. "Hyung, do you even know what you just..." he trailed off, unable to continue.

Yoongi frowned, confused. "What?" he snapped. "Just what..." he then broke off, face paling. "No..." he whispered, horrified. Hoseok nodded grimly in confirmation.

"Yeah, hyung. Jimin was with me." He then turned to Jungkook as another thought hit him. "Tae was, too, and all we heard was the confession, not the Taehyung part."

Both boys paled considerably, as the significations hit them. Then: "Crap!!" Jungkook yelped, burying his face in his hands. "Oh, ," Yoongi groaned at the same time, falling back on the mat. " !"

"What do we do, hyung?" Jungkook whined to Hoseok who rolled his eyes and punched Yoongi lightly on the shoulder.

"You're the one who made this mess," he said, plopping down next to the two distraught loverboys. "You deal with it."

"Is he really upset?" Yoongi asked carefully. He worried about Jimin getting the wrong idea about him and Jungkook, but what he wasn't so sure of was whether he had been affected by the fact that the two of them were 'together' now or not.

Exasperated, Hoseok rolled his eyes.

"You call that a question?" he exclaimed, throwing up his hands. "Of course he's upset! I wouldn't be surprised if he's curled up sobbing somewhere because you just broke his heart!"

Yoongi frowned, a cautious hope kindling in his heart. "Then... he cares?"

Hoseok huffed at his friend's obliviousness. "That's it. I'm done with you."

He got up and left, leaving behind a thoroughly confused Yoongi.

"Wait, does that mean yes or no?" he called after his best friend's retreating back.

"What do you think, ?!" Hoseok yelled back. "I said he would be crying, didn't I? Do the math!!"

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung had finally managed to find his best friend curled up in a corner of the library. Sighing in relief, he sank down to sit next to the miserable little ball of pink haired fluff and wrapped a protective arm around the crying boy.

"Don't cry, Chim," he cooed softly at his Parabatai, rubbing small soothing circles into Jimin's shoulder. "I'm sure there must have been some mistake. I don't believe Yoongi hyung and Jungkookie are really dating -"

"No, Tae," Jimin sobbed. "You heard what they were saying. Kookie confessed and Yoongi hyung said yes." He sniffled and wiped his face with a sweater paw, before giving up and burying his face in Taehyung's shoulder.

"But it just doesn't make sense," Taehyung tried to reason, but Jimin wasn't listening any more. Curling up into the taller boy's side, he wallowed in his misery. Now he would never be able to be with Yoongi hyung.

--------------------------------------------

"Ugh, I'm stuffed," Solar groaned, leaning heavily onto Moonbyul as the four girls walked down the street. Moonbyul grinned and purposefully let the extra weight push her off balance, resulting in both shadowhunters staggering off the road and collapsing against the wall, groaning and laughing.

"You-" Solar hissed, baring her teeth and curling her fingers into claws. Moonbyul merely chuckled and petted her head, scratching her behind the ears as if she was a real cat. Yongsun pouted but leaned into her hand, an almost purr making its way out of her chest as she relaxed.

Hwasa laughed. "I swear unni, you would make such a great cat hybrid, if such things existed," she joked. "I mean, you're practically one anyway." Wheein hummed in agreement at her side, her melting ice cream cone distractedly. Solar frowned, half disgruntled and half joking, before bursting out into laughter. When not in combat, Yongsun was the sunniest, brightest person alive - hence the nickname, Solar. She laughed at everything - it was so bad, that Hwasa and Wheein had thought she was crazy when they first met the girl who laughed wildly at every tiny detail. When she got serious, however, she was scary calm and efficient, and she could be downright terrifying on the rare occasions that she scolded her younger friends.

"Byulyi unni, didn't you say your cousin was coming here on a trip with his friends?" Wheein asked suddenly as she recalled the bit of trivia.

Moonbyul nodded. "Yeah, he arrived a couple of days ago, actually. He and his friends are travelling the world, visiting all the different Institutes." She popped a mint into then offered the pack of supplements to her friends. "He'll probably visit us sometime soon," she added. "They want to gather information on the ways each Institute is run, so that they can change theirs to their liking. The leader of their little group just recently became Head of Tokyo Institute, see, and he was a bit lost on how to run it. The old Head was a bit of a tosser, really. They wanted to change things up, so they're comparing as much data as they can." She shrugged. "Minhyuk oppa said they'd swing by sometime, but he never said when, exactly."

"It's so amazing how almost identical you two are. Anyone would think you were siblings." Solar sighed dreamily. "Minhyuk oppa is so handsome - honestly, Byul, you would make such a better man than a girl. You've got such great manners and you're so gallant, plus you know exactly how to treat girls-"

"Well, yeah, since I'm a girl myself-"

"and if you were a guy there would be scores of girls falling over themselves just to get close to you. Not that there aren't already quite a few Moonbyul fangirls," she grinned, "but even I would want to date you if you were a dude. You know how picky I am - this is a great honour, you know." She nudged the sighing Moonbyul playfully.

"Yeah, well, what can I say," Moonbyul shrugged. "Our grandma's genes are super powerful. All my cousins on my dad's side are little carbon copies of her, me and Minhyuk oppa included."

"Ooh, does that mean all your cousins are as good looking as he is?" Yongsun squealed excitedly.

Moonbyul squinted disgustedly. "I don't see what the hype is all about. He's not that great."

"To you, maybe," Wheein snickered. "You're his cousin. To anyone else, he's, like, the epitome of perfect. He's super handsome, he's funny, kind, a brilliant fighter, a great archer and an overall amazing athlete. He's smart and he's fluent in japanese and korean. Plus he raps, and can also sing, dance and act like a pro. What more do you want?"

"Uh... height?" Moonbyul smirked, earning herself a smack on the back from all three girls. "Ow, ow, ok ok!"

"Seriously though, Minhyuk oppa really is perfect," Wheein sighed wistfully as they pushed open the doors of the Institute. "If I didn't have my Hobi I would definitely go for him."

"Why, thank you," a male voice said from right behind them, startling the girls. Solar shrieked, jumping about a foot into the air, while Wheein and Hwasa both started and whipped around to look at the owner of the voice.

"Minhyuk oppa!" Moonbyul exclaimed at the sight of the grinning Shadowhunter.

"Hey, Moonstar," he smiled at his cousin, calling her by the affectionate nickname he'd given her back when they'd both first fallen in love with music and rapping. "Long time no see."

There were six other boys behind him, all smiling broadly and gazing curiously at the girls.

"Ah," Seokjin called from across the hall, hurrying down the stairs with Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook in tow. He'd returned shortly after lunch and gathered the others to form a 'welcoming commitee'.

"Welcome to the Seoul Institute!" The two small group met in the middle of the entrance hall. "I see you've met the girls," Namjoon smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Namjoon, High Warlock of Seoul-"

"and I'm Seokjin, Head of Seoul Institute. Once again, welcome!"

A slightly flustered Seokjin led the group into the parlour, where he'd prepared tea and biscuits for them all. Settling down on the various couches and poufs, the Shadowhunters and Namjoon studied each other curiously.

"Hello. I'm Moonbyul's cousin, Minhyuk," he broke the silence. "These are my friends," Minhyuk introduced. "Eunkwang hyung - the new Head of Tokyo Institute." A brightly grinning, energetic young Shadowhunter waved at everyone. His face slightly resembled that of a baboon's, but it wasn't ugly in any way - he had a certain charm that endeared everyone to him at once.

"This is Changsub," Minhyuk continued to list. Changsub was chubby and cute, smiling shyly.

"Don't be fooled by the shy look," Eunkwang commented. "He's the wildest, loudest one in our Institute once he gets comfortable." Changsub made an extraordinarily funny face at him and he grinned. "Yeah, like that."

"Hyunsik is your age, Moonbyul. Peniel is one year younger."

"Ah, really?" Seokjin asked happily. "You're the same age as me, too, then," he told Hyunsik, a handsome, laid back, well muscled boy who had the most beautiful smile. His eyes crinkled up into pretty crescents and the girls all swooned slightly. Peniel was shy and sweet, with a cute accent and a snapback on backwards over a surprisingly bald head.

"Next is Ilhoon, then Sungjae, our maknae," Minhyuk concluded. Ilhoon gave them all a bright, cat-eyed smile. With his pretty face and round, wire framed glasses, he was adorably cute. Sungjae on the other hand was tall and classically handsome. His cold and mature image vanished when he opened his mouth to speak, however.

"Hello everyone! I'm Sungjae! Nice to meet you!" he chirped, a blinding smile on his face. His large mouth made his smile all the more prominent. His voice dripped with bubbly energy and his eyes danced with mischief.

"He'd get along well with Taehyung," Hwasa remarked under her breath to her Parabatai, who nodded in agreement. They both had that energetic aura that marked them out as troublemakers.

"I'm Solar," Yongsun gushed, looking up through her lashes at Minhyuk. "I'm Seokjin's sister and Byulyi's best friend. It's nice to meet you, Minhyuk oppa. I've heard so much about you!"

Minhyuk smiled, amused. "Really?" he chuckled. "It's nice to meet you too." Moonbyul just rolled her eyes.

"You all know me," she said, to which all the boys nodded fondly. "This is Hwasa and Wheein - they're Parabatai. I think... Sungjae, you're a 95er right?" Sungjae nodded. "Yeah, then you're all the same age," Moonbyul affirmed. Sungjae grinned brightly at the girls who smiled back.

"Taehyung and Jimin are also 95ers," Seokjin put in. "I don't know where they are, though - it's strange, I told them you would be coming..."

Yoongi, Jungkook and Hoseok exchanged guilty glances at that. They knew exactly why those two were missing.

Hoseok cleared his throat hurriedly. "Hi, I'm Hoseok," he introduced himself. "I'm a 94 liner, and I teach the younger kids here together with Moonbyul."

"Ah, you must be the 'Hobi' we heard you talking about, then?" Ilhoon grinned at Wheein who flushed bright red with embarassment. Hoseok raised an eyebrow, confused. 

"Am I missing something here?" he asked mildly. Wheein shook her head quickly, face still bright red. Even more suspicious now, Hoseok peered at his girlfriend.

"What," he coaxed, wrapping an arm around her. "What's got you so embarassed, hmm?" It didn't help that the girls were all snickering behind their hands and the Tokyo boys were all sporting large grins.

"Don't worry, it was a compliment," Minhyuk told him finally, still smiling broadly. "You two are cute together."

"Thanks," Hoseok said, letting the matter slide for the time being.

"I'm Yoongi," the mint haired shadowhunter was the next to introduce himself. "93." Several boys raised a curious eyebrow at the gruff, short introduction.

"I'm Jungkook," the youngest said softly, offering them a timid smile. "I'm the youngest here and I only became a Shadowhunter a while ago."

"Wow, congratulations!" the boys all chorused, looking impressed. Jungkook flushed a little with pride.

"As I said, there's also Jimin and Taehyung, but they're missing, so I guess that's it for the introductions," Seokjin concluded, frowning slightly at the continued absence of the two Parabatai. "Well, welcome in any case. I take it you're staying a few days?"

Eunkwang nodded in confirmation. "Thank you for having us," he said politely. Seokjin just waved it away.

"Of course," he said airily. "Anyone's welcome here, for any length of time. It's not like we don't have the space. I'll show you your rooms." And with that, he stood up. Namjoon also rose with his boyfriend, intertwining their fingers together. It was a habit, by then - the two were always holding hands - and they had momentarily forgotten that the visitors didn't know about their relationship.

"Oh," Changsub said eloquently, staring blankly at their linked hands. Seokjin startled, realising the problem.

"Ah," he said embarrassedly, trying to pull his hand away from Namjoon. The warlock however held on, frowning.

"We're together," Namjoon explained curtly, ignoring the spluttering Seokjin by his side. "I know I'm a downworlder, and that we're both guys. If you have a problem with us, you can always leave - you're not being forced to stay." He looked around the small group with a steely gaze.

"No, no," Eunkwang reassured them hurriedly. "That's all fine. We were just surprised, is all." He smiled at the couple. "Congratulations, you two. You look good together."

"Thank you," Namjoon finally let down his guard, offering the Head of Tokyo Institute his first genuine smile.

 

The visiting boys lost no time in getting to known the others. Hwasa, Wheein and Sungjae were close friends in no time at all, and Changsub came out of his shell to become the dorky, 4D character Eunkwang had said he would be. Taehyung and Jimin still hadn't made their appearance by the end of the day, and Seokjin was getting concerned.

"Do you know where they are?" he asked Yoongi, who just shrugged grumpily and turned away to hide his growing guilt and worry. He had to fix this, and fast.

 

 

----------------------------------------

A/N: For those who are confused, here is the list of everyone (important) in this fic from oldest to youngest (BtoB, BTS, Mamamoo, got7 and EXO)!

Xiumin (march 1990)
Eunkwang (november 1990)
Minhyuk (november 1990) - I still made him call Eunkwang hyung, though...

Solar/Yongsun (february 1991)
Changsub (february 1991)
Joonmyun (may 1991)
Yixing/Lay (october 1991)

Hyunsik (march 1992)
Baekhyun (may 1992)
Chen/Jongdae (september 1992)
Chanyeol (november 1992)
Seokjin (december 1992)
Moonbyul (december 1992)

D.O (january 1993)
Yoongi (march 1993)
Peniel (march 1993)
Mark Tuan (September 1993)

Kai (january 1994)
Jaebum/JB (january 1994)
Hoseok (february 1994)
Jackson (march 1994) - except that here, he's a warlock so he's older than any of them.
Sehun (april 1994)
Namjoon (september 1994) - same thing as Jackson. Here, he's immortal.
Jinyoung (september 1994)
Ilhoon (october 1994)

Sungjae (may 1995)
Wheein (april 1995)
Hwasa (july 1995)
Jimin (october 1995)
Taehyung (december 1995)

Youngjae (september 1996)

Bambam (may 1997)
Jungkook (september 1997)
Yugyeom (november 1997)

This chapter was shorter than expected - I originally planned to finish the whole Yoonmin episode here, but since it was getting too long I decided to cut it into two chapters!
And I hope you approve of how I portrayed the different characters and idols... I really love BtoB, they're one of my 3 bias groups : BigBang, BtoB and BTS - the three Bs, if you will. ;D
I'm on the plane to Korea right now hahahaha yayy <3 I'll try to update the next chapter in a week or something, but I might be super busy the first few days after I return to Korea, so the next update might be a leeeetle late^^ sorry..
Hope you enjoy this, though!