Our little group has always been

Smells like Teen Spirit

A.N. Namjoon's purple hair in Not Today is my aesthetic.... *Sigh*
I also got the Ascension vow from ANGELS TWICE DESCENDING by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman, which is the 10th (and last) book in the Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Series.
And Jimin's my bias, but Yoongi just makes me swoon everytime and Shadowhunter Yoongi is just... Wow. hahah. Just Wow.

 

Yoongi stretched lazily, blinking slowly like a large cat. He leapt lightly onto a ladder and climbed swiftly until he reached the wodden beams that crossed the huge training hall, twenty feet up in the air. He paced across a narrow beam, hooded eyes half closed, until he reached the middle of the room. He liked coming up here to think. Nobody could bother him up here, and there was just something in the way everything seemed so small and insignificant that relaxed him and cleared his mind. He sat down, legs dangling off the beam, and watched the dust motes spiralling through the air, lit up by the ray of sunlight that filtered softly through the skylights. Inspiration came easily to him when he was up here, alone, as well. He'd composed some of his best music sitting right at this spot.

Shadowhunters had a lot of time on their hands, once they were through learning the basics of demon hunting and reading through the Codex, since they didn't go to mundane schools. Some of them passed their time reading, some took up musical instruments or found hobbies. He'd found his passion in composing and producing music. He had a fascination for mundane music, especially Hip-Hop, and secretly tried out rapping from time to time. Only Moonbyul knew about this, since she also shared his interest in rapping. Hoseok and Jimin passed almost all their free time dancing, and Seokjin and Taehyung liked to sing, along with the rest of the girls. They even had a dance studio and a recording studio with all the necessary equipment.

They'd had a hard time convincing the old Head of Institute to allow them to convert the rooms. The Institute belonged to the council, he'd argued, and not to them; it wouldn't be right to change the building after so many years of tradition. It was only when he'd died during the huge battle at Idris againt Valentine and his demons and Seokjin had been appointed as the next Head, that they'd been given permission to do some renovating. Their only condition was to use their own money and not the money of the Institute. Namjoon had been a great help. Being alive for so long, the warlock had some serious cash on his bank account and he'd been only too eager to help, partly because he too had a passion for music.

Yoongi closed his eyes and listened. From here, he could hear faint noises from the streets floating through the open skylight. People laughing, talking. Music. Cars. Birds. And...

"MIN YOONGI!!"

His eyes snapped open and he glared at Hoseok who had just burst through the doors. Solar was right on his tail, looking downright livid. Hoseok just looked terrified.

"What," he snapped, irritated.

"Hyung, the boys," Hoseok panted, eyes wide. Solar just stormed off to the armoury, flinging the doors open and arming herself to her teeth.

"What, Hobi," he growled impatiently. He stood up, eyes narrowing. Something was definitely wrong.

"Joonmyun just called," Hoseok stammered quickly, catching the weapons Solar tossed at him and quickly putting them on. "Jimin and Tae, those idiots, they decided to sneak out and take on those Elapid demons you were talking about yesterday. I don't know they knew about it, but they're there right now, alone!"

"WHAT?!" in a flash of movement, the blond boy flung himself off the beam, landing lightly with a perfect roll to absorb the impact. He could feel rage and worry bubbling up and his thoughts flashed involuntarily to a certain small Shadowhunter with crescent moon eyes, chubby cheeks and bright big smile. If Jimin was hurt, he swore, darting to Solar's side and kitting himself up rapidly, he would pulverise those wretched demons - and heaven forgive whoever dared stand in his way. 

"They must have heard me telling you about them yesterday," Solar hissed. She slammed the armoury door shut and started drawing runes on Hoseok's shoulders. Yoongi grabbed his own stele and started tracing a speed rune on his forearm. Worry clouded his mind. Within minutes, they were finished and rushing out the Institute. Joonmyun joined them just outside the Institute, and Solar thanked him hurriedly as they rushed to the old arcade.

"It's not a problem," he promised. "It was Baekhyun and Chanyeol's fault for listening to them and actually leading them here, anyways. I'm sorry for not being able to help you."

He glanced over the three determined and deadly Nephilim and added wryly, "Not that you actually seem to need our help. I think you'll be more than a match for them."

Yoongi was the first to dash down the stairs and through the doorway. He remarked that witchstones marked a path through the dark arcade, and he took in the scene in front of him.

Jimin and Taehyung stood back to back amidst a swarm of snake-headed demons, fighting for their lives. Splashes of ichor had burned through their gear in various places and both boys were panting heavily. Taehyung's bow lay abandoned next to the wall, his sheath of arrows obviously empty. Despite their clear disadvantage, the boys had done a good job of defending themselves and the number of demons still fighting had obviously been greatly decimated. Demons disappeared back to their home dimension when killed, which meant there were no dead carcasses lying about, but the amount of ichor left behind showed just how many there had been in the beginning.

With no further ado, Yoongi leaped into battle. He vaulted over an old table and came in blades whirling, slicing off heads and limbs, leaving destruction in his wake. He too preferred using twin blades like Jimin, but his knives were thinner, lighter and more flexible than Jimin's heavy, standard straight knives. They were an extension of his arms. Min Yoongi didn't leave the Institute often, preferring to stay inside and teach the younger ones how to fight, but when he went into combat he was a legend, known for his deadly precision and agility. He was light on his feet and, like a cat, always landed on his feet no matter how high he fell from.

Jung Hoseok was his opposite, charging in from the front. He too preferred to stay out of trouble, unlike the younger kids who practically went out looking for fights, but was also one of the best Shadowhunters of his age in Seoul. He used a long sword, double-edged and deadly, held with both hands.

Kim Yongsun was the definition of an ice queen when in battle mode - unlike her name, Solar. Beautiful, deadly and ice-cold, her crystal sword reflected her perfectly. It was capable of slicing even the toughest demon in half and was a rather rare choice of weapon. She helped Yoongi teach the younger Nephilim. Another of her favourite weapons were the Japanese style throwing knives, and she'd gotten a reputation for being able to hit the target perfectly from incredible distances.

The demons stood no chance against those three. Within a quarter of an hour, the hall was completely cleared of demons, and the Nephilim relaxed, dropping their guard.

"What the hell were you thinking," Solar hissed at her brother as soon as the last writhing demon corpse disappeared. "By the Angel, Taehyung, do you never learn?"

She was about to continue but Taehyung stopped her, looking slightly panicked as he reached for his Parabatai. "Chim-" he choked out, just as Jimin's eyes rolled back and he collapsed to the floor. Yoongi caught him just in time, panicking.

"What- What's wrong with him?" Hoseok gasped, crossing the distance in a few large strides and dropping to his knees beside the little huddle. He quickly rolled back the ruined sleeves of Jimin's gear and revealed the deep wound that was rapidly turning purple around the edges. Yoongi let out a choked sound and fumbled with his stele.

"Let me," Solar stopped him gently, taking the stele from his trembling fingers and expertly tracing an Iratze next to the wound. Taehyung watched silently, body shaking slightly. He could feel Jimin's pain through the Parabatai bond, could feel the energy seeping slowly out of his best friend. Hoseok grabbed his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"It's not working," Yongsun growled, frustrated, after a couple of minutes. "He must have been bitten. Elapid venom is deadly - we'll need better treatment. We need to get back to the Institute. Come on." Without a word, Yoongi stood up, Jimin cradled in his arms, and followed the rest out of the dark building.

-----------------------------------

The Shadowhunter Academy had been a huge success after its re-institution a few years ago. Every year, new Shadowhunters graduated and were sent to different Institutes all over the world. Kim Seokjin was here for one of this year's graduates : a mundane Academy student by the name of Jeon Jungkook. The boy had been chosen for his athletic prowess and his possession of the Sight. His parents had kicked him out at 14 years old when he'd started claiming to see supernatural creatures everywhere, and the boy had survived 2 years on the streets, learning parkour and pick-pocketing for a living. He was a handsome boy, with messy black hair and equally black eyes. He looked especially nervous, Seokjin noted, biting his lower lip and wringing his hands subtly. His heart went out to the boy. Although deaths by the Mortal Cup were rare, it was still a very present possibility and he couldn't imagine the amount of stress Jungkook must be feeling.

Namjoon, sitting next to him, leaned in closed and nodded in the direction of Jungkook. "That's our boy, isn't it?" He murmured in his ear. Seokjin had to suppress a shiver at Namjoon's deep y voice, choosing to focus instead on the question itself.

"Yeah. His name is Jungkook," he replied softly. Namjoon nodded thoughtfully. They were sitting at the very back of the Council Hall, which was half full of Shadowhunters there to witness the Ascension. One by one, names were called and the mundane students headed to the dais where they shook the hands of their professors then ascended by drinking from the Mortal Cup. Finally, it was Jungkook's turn.

"Jeon Jungkook," Consul Penhallow called. Jungkook stood up shakily and headed to the dais. He shook each of his professors by the hand, then knelt in the center of the double circles traced on the dais. Seokjin held his breath as the Consul asked the traditional vows.

"Do you swear, Jeon Jungkook, to forsake the mundane world and follow the path of the Shadowhunter?" She asked, and Jungkook gulped nervously. "Will you take into yourself the blood of the Angel Raziel and honor that blood?" the Consul continued. "Do you swear to serve the Clave, to follow the Law as set forth by the Covenant, and to obey the word of the Council? Will you defend that which is human and mortal, knowing that for your service, there will be no recompense and no thanks but honor?" Jungkook swallowed once again then set his jaw, looking determined. "I swear," he said firmly.

"Can you be a shield for the weak, a light in the dark, a truth among falsehoods, a tower in the flood, an eye to see when all others are blind?" Seokjin loved this part of the vows. It reminded him of just what being a shadowhunter meant. It represented all the values he stood for, that he believed in. Shadowhunters existed to protect and love, to fight for the good in this world, and he hoped Jungkook also understood the true meanings and history behind the words. "I can," Jungkook replied.

"And when you are dead, will you give up your body to the Nephilim to be burned, that your ashes may be used to build the City of Bones?"

"I will," Jungkook said solemnly.

"Then drink."

Consul Penhallow lifted the Mortal Cup and handed it to Jungkook, who hesitated slightly then raised the Cup to his lips, drinking it in. Seokjin gripped Namjoon's arm anxiously as a blinding flare of blue light surrounded Jungkook. The short moment felt like an eternity as he watched the boy. Then, the light faded and Jungkook opened his eyes. He was a Nephilim now. Relief and pride filled him, despite the fact that he didn't know the first thing about the younger boy. Jungkook rose and walked back to his friends, a wide grin on his face. The grin made him look surprisingly adorable, his eyes and nose crinkling happily and slightly large front teeth making an appearance.

The rest of the ceremony passed by quickly, then it was all over. People started trickling out, pausing by the newly-turned Shadowhunters to offer their congratulations.

"Come on," Seokjin said excitedly, pulling Namjoon behind him as he made a beeline for the black haired young Nephilim.

"Hello," he said softly, not wanting to scare the younger, tapping Jungkook on the shoulder. The boy turned to stare at them, surprised. "My name is Kim Seokjin, and I'm the Head of the Seoul Institute," he explained. "I'm here to bring you back with me to Seoul." Jungkook's eyes widened and he bowed hurriedly. "No, no, don't worry about formalities," Seokjin laughed, waving a hand airily. "Just call me Jin hyung, Jungkook-ah." Namjoon smiled beside him.

"Hey," he greeted him. "My name is Namjoon, and I'm a warlock. I'm here because Jin hyung is actually horrible at travelling and I need to make sure he doesn't get lost." His eyes twinkled at him and Jungkook's mouth dropped open.

"Your.. Your eyes are purple," he stammered. Namjoon laughed. "Yeah, my eyes change colour to match my hair. It's my warlock trait - I get to change my hair colour whenever I want to. It's better than getting blue skin or sprouting horns, I guess." He shrugged. Jungkook laughed as well, still staring wonderingly at his purple hair and eyes.

 

They were in a restaurant in the City Center, having dinner together, when a small ribbon of paper appeared with a flash next to Namjoon's head, unfurling itself and hovering in the air. Jungkook dropped his fork in shock. Namjoon frowned and grabbed the paper, reading it quickly. His face blanched and he raised his head to stare at Jin in horror.

"What is it?" Seokjin's voice grew higher with worry. "What is it, Namjoon?"

"We have to go," was all Namjoon said in reply, motioning for the waiter to bring the bill. "We have to get back to the Institute right now. Jungkook, do you have a lot of stuff you need to pack?"

The boy simply shook his head. "I've got nothing," he replied. "I lived on the streets before coming here, so I have no possessions. My roommate let me share his clothes while we were at the Academy, so I've got no clothes either. Is there something wrong?"

Namjoon didn't reply, simply paying their bill and standing up. The two others followed him hastily as he speed-walked out of the restaurant.

"Joon, you're freaking me out," Seokjin said firmly, grabbing the taller by the elbow and tugging him to a stop. "Tell me what the note said."

Namjoon dragged a hand down his face. "It was a message from Jackson," he explained finally. "Jimin's been injured and Solar called him in for help. He's done the best he can but he still needs me to finish the spell."

"Jimin?" Seokjin all but shrieked, his grip on Namjoon's elbow becoming almost painful. "What do you mean, Jimin's been injured? What on earth happened while I was gone?"

"I don't know," Namjoon sighed. "This is why I didn't want to tell you. Calm down, Jin. Jackson got him through the hardest part. Jiminnie's gonna be fine. Don't worry, okay?" He rubbed Seokjin's arms reassuringly, massaging little circles into the skin on the inside of his elbows.

"Okay," Seokjin repeated after him, trying to calm down. Jungkook patted his back hesitantly, his touch feather light and timid. The action made Seokjin smile despite himself and he cooed inwardly at the younger boy, even as he ran through all sorts of horrible scenarios in his mind.

"I'm serious Jin, stop imagining things," Namjoon reprimanded sharply. "I can tell you're imagining all sorts of horrible things. Don't."

"Alright," Seokjin smiled sheepishly at him. "I still want to get home as fast as possible, though."

"Don't worry about that," Namjoon grinned. "I'll make a portal as soon as we're out of the gates," he promised. "Hold on just a little while longer."