Yoonmin Operation : Start!

Smells like Teen Spirit

"All right!" Hoseok announced, spreading both palms flat on the table. "Now that Namjin is official, I think it's time for another long awaited ship to sail. This means," he paused for effect. "A Plan." The group seated around the round table groaned. He had requested an emergency meeting of the so-called "Yoonmin lovers", and a total of five people had shown up. The two boys in question were obviously left in the dark about the meeting, and Taehyung had also been deemed untrustworthy. He was never able to keep a secret from his parabatai, and it was therefore out of the question to invite him. Jungkook was training with Yoongi to keep him busy, and Seokjin had similarly taken Jimin out grocery shopping. Of course, these two had no idea they were being used by the others, since Hoseok had left Jungkook out of the loop for reasons he refused to share just yet, and Seokjin would have disapproved of the whole endeavour.

Hwasa rolled her eyes and spoke for the whole group. "Yeah, ok. So what is your great plan, oh Master Schemer of the Century?"

Hoseok scowled at her, but continued speaking, undeterred. "All right. So, we all know who we're talking about. Yoongi obviously likes Jimin, and Jimin obviously likes Yoongi. They need to get together, but they're both too obtuse to notice that they're pining, pining I say, for each other."

"May I remind you that Wheein and you were the same before Yoongi got tired of you two dancing around each other and ended up telling you to just kiss and be done with it?" Hwasa asked, examining her nails with a bored expression.

Wheein was the one who scowled this time. She punched her Parabatai on the arm.

"Oww!!" Hwasa yelped, pouting and rubbing her sore arm. "Ok, ok, I'll listen! Jeez!"

"Good," Hoseok smiled in satisfaction, giving his girlfriend an approving kiss on the forehead.

"So, what exactly is your master plan?" Moonbyul asked, curious. She was leaning against the doorway, long legs crossed at the ankle. Black headphones hung around her neck and she was dressed in monochrome in black leather pants, an ivory sleeveless top with a high neck and a black jacket. Her long white gold hair completed the look.

"Ok, so I'm guessing all of you noticed how jealous Yoongs was acting of our new Maknae?" he started excitedly. Solar groaned again. 

"Oh no. No, please don't tell me you're going to use that poor innocent boy to meddle with your best friend's love life. Is this why he wasn't invited? I don't approve of this." She sighed and covered her eyes with a slender hand, shuddering slightly. "So much could go wrong here." Her large expressive mouth turned down in a grimace.

"We won't be using him, necessarily," Hoseok protested. "He doesn't need to do anything, Jimin fawns over him anyway even without our influence. All we'll be doing is giving Yoongi's thoughts a nudge in the right direction."

"Explain," Moonbyul ordered, frowning.

"Ok, so we could for example create situations where the two of them are alone, and then mention it to Yoongs like it means something more, you know?" Hoseok listed excitedly. "Or steer the conversation in a certain way so Yoongi will get jealous. And then maybe I could give him a talk about how he should make a move before Jiminnie gets snatched by our good looking Maknae. Yoongi doesn't deal well with jealousy, see. He's pretty possessive when it comes to things he really wants, he just doesn't show it often." He sighed at the doubtful looks he got. "Come on, guys. I'm positive my plan will work! I mean, you'll all be ancient tottering grannies if you just sit and wait for either one of them to make a move. Jimin is too shy and unsure of himself to say anything, and Yoongi is just an emotionally constipated grandpa." Moonbyul snorted with laughter at the comparison.

"Sorry, Hoseok, I really don't think this is a good idea," Solar sighed. She ran a hand through her long jet black hair. "I've already had a talk with Yoongi about acknowledging his feelings, and I think we should just leave it at that. We could make things even worse by meddling and sticking our noses in where they don't belong." She stood and leaned over to ruffle the disgruntled boy's hair. "Sorry, Hobi," she repeated as she made to leave, a small fond smile on her face.

"I agree with Yongsun," Moonbyul said apologetically. "These kind of things should just be left to those concerned. Sorry, Hobi." She gave him a small smile before turning and following Solar out of the room.

Hwasa sighed. "I'll help you, but only because of Wheein." The other girl grinned and engulfed her best friend in a bear hug.

"Alright, let's get this plan in motion!" Hoseok cheered, and the three Shadowhunters put their hands together for a group cheer.

 ---------------------------- 

Putting the plan in motion was easier said than done. A huge problem that none of them had foreseen was Jungkook's sudden closeness to Yoongi. Ever since the incident with the goblin Yoongi had entered Jungkook's list of people he felt comfortable with and to everyone's surprise Yoongi let him hang around without a complaint. Taehyung was outraged at the blatant favouritism.

"He doesn't let me anywhere near him, why does Kookie get to play with Yoongi hyung? It's not fair!" he wailed, hanging off his brother's arm. Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"You're too loud for Yoongi, Tae, maybe if you toned down on all your screaming he'd be more welcoming," he said. Taehyung pouted.

"Meanie. You're supposed to take my side, you're my brother!" and with that he flounced off, nose in the air.

Hoseok meanwhile was frustrated. "How come Yoongi suddenly got over his jealousy?" he sulked loudly to his girlfriend. "Kookie's spending more time with Yoongi than with Jimin, so how is my plan supposed to be put into action?"

Jimin on the other hand was in two minds about the whole situation. A part of him was delighted Yoongi and Kookie were finally getting along, yet another part of him seethed with jealousy every time he spotted the two of them together. He didn't know what to do. At this rate, Yoongi hyung is going to end up falling for Jungkook, I mean, who wouldn't? he thought miserably. I'm no match for Kookie, I won't have a chance. He still adored his cute little dongsaeng, but he couldn't help the twinge of pain whenever he watched Jungkook flawlessly execute a move he had been struggling with for the last few lessons, or when he looked in the mirror and noticed his chubby cheeks and small plump hands. He wished he had large hands like Taehyung or a handsome face like Jin. Maybe then he'd seem less babyish and more like someone who deserved Yoongi hyung's attention.

Hoseok was right when he had said Jimin was too self conscious to confess his feelings. Jimin had been the brightest little kid, all bubbly giggles and bright smiles, but losing his parents at a young age had changed him. He'd become obsessed with reaching perfection in everything he did, pushing himself to become a better fighter, a better Shadowhunter. When the time came, he wanted to be able to protect his loved ones. After the incident, he had been taken in by Taehyung's parents, who had been his parents' best friends, but he'd closed in on himself, rejecting any attempts at affection from them. He would spend hours and hours in the training hall, repeating the same moves until he almost passed out, to Taehyung and his family's worry.

Kim Taehyung had played a huge role in bringing back the happy Jimin from before. He'd brought him out of his protective cocoon and soothed away his worst fears, but despite all of Taehyung's best efforts, his best friend had kept his biggest insecurities. Now, Jimin was undoubtedly happier than he had ever been in his life, surrounded by loving friends and always with his Parabatai by his side. However, Taehyung was still fiercely protective of his fragile best friend, especially since Jimin had saved him just as much as he had saved Jimin. Jimin had been the one to stick by him through thick and thin during his rebellious years, the one to propose the Parabatai ceremony to an insecure Taehyung who had had doubts about how good a shadowhunter he could become when he cringed away from hurting others, even if they were really demons who merely looked human. He'd been the first one to accept him as who he was, to tolerate all his strange whims and unusual way of thinking. Without Jimin, he didn't know what would have become of him, and he knew the other felt exactly the same way about him.

He wasn't happy Jimin felt so insecure about himself when it came to Yoongi. He could see that the elder clearly had a soft spot for Jimin, but the boy in question simply refused to believe his feelings had a very good chance of being reciprocated. His own inability to love and accept himself as he was had led to the inability to believe that others could find him to be worth loving. Taehyung had tried time and time again to show Jimin he could and already was loved by everyone around him, but all his efforts had been taken as empty words said to raise his self-esteem. It pained Taehyung to know that such a loving, kind soul as Jimin couldn't find it in him love himself. To others, Jimin was overly generous, always finding the best in everyone and believing in people regardless of appearances. Selfless, caring and thoughtful, he was often the first person his friends sought out when in pain or with a troubled mind.

Tae loved that about his best friend, and wanted only the best for him, which was why he sincerely hoped Yoongi would be the first to confess to Jimin and reassure him he was worth loving. Despite Taehyung's apparent airheadedness and childishness, he was actually rather observant and fast to notice and react to the mood in a room. He could see Jungkook and Yoongi had nothing romantic going on. Just why the relationship between the two had suddenly changed, he had no idea, but he suspected that Jungkook had somehow triggered some kind of protective instinct in Yoongi, and that thanks to that protectiveness, Jungkook felt safe in his hyung's presence, while he didn't feel quite as comfortable with the others just yet. He just hoped the change in dynamics between the two would not lead to Jimin giving up entirely on his crush.

----------------------------

"Hey, Jiminnie, let's go out to eat," Hoseok enthused one day. Seokjin was out that day doing Institute work and as the designated chef of the Seoul Institute, his absence meant Takeaways and eating out for the rest of the group.

"Sure, hyung. What should we eat?" asked Jimin, perking up.

"Ooh, ooh, chinese food!" Taehyung gasped, his head shooting up from Jimin's lap where he had been taking a snooze. "Let's have chinese food, hyung!"

Hoseok grunted unenthusiastically. "Didn't we have chinese food last time, too?" he complained.

"There can never be enough Jjajangmyun (*Black bean sauce noodles, a popular chinese Takeout food in Korea*) in this world," Taehyung said solemnly, sitting up and putting a hand on his heart. Hoseok sighed.

"Alright TaeTae, let's ask Yoongi and Jungkook what they want first, though," he relented. "Wheein and the girls have already eaten, apparently. They went out for lunch with their faerie friends." He frowned. He didn't really approve of said faerie friends - the Fae were tricky creatures, unable to tell lies but slippery as a snake and wily as a fox. You could never trust the Fair Folk, he believed. He wasn't against them exactly, he was just afraid the girls would fall for one of their tricks and get in trouble one day.

"Which ones?" Jimin asked interestedly as they made their way to the training hall where Jungkook and Yoongi were training.

"Jisoo, Lisa, Rosé and Jenny," Hoseok listed. "The Blackpink group, as Wheein insists on calling them," he added, amused. Wheein liked to give nicknames to the Downworlder groups she was friends with. Joonmyun's pack was called EXO, the faerie girls were Blackpink and Kwon Jiyong's friends formed Big Bang. Hoseok found his girlfriend's ideas hilarious but endearing, and often gave suggestions himself.

"Ooh, I like them," Taehyung said happily. "They're really fun to play with. Did you know, Jisoo and Rosé can speak without opening their mouths? They can puff out their cheeks and still say stuff. It's amazing," he laughed.

Hoseok and Jimin exchanged amused glances as they neared the doors of the training hall. "Maybe you could practice that, too," Jimin was suggesting as he pushed the doors open. The words froze on his lips, however, when he heard the two boys inside speaking.

"-think I like you, hyung. Will you... go out with me?" Jungkook's embarrassed voice floated out from the training hall. The three boys froze, unable to believe their ears. What they heard next made their jaws drop open.

"Sure," Yoongi's unmistakeable gruff voice said. "Of course I will." Hoseok was flabbergasted. His brain went - "Wait, what?!?" as it froze and went in circles, repeating the short conversation and trying to properly understand it. Then, his brain unfroze as he realized just who was standing next to him and he quickly glanced down, only to realize Jimin was nowhere in sight. Taehyung had obviously realized the same thing, for he was sprinting down the hallway in pursuit of his best friend.

Okay, Hoseok thought. Now he was pissed.