Load up on guns and bring your friends

Smells like Teen Spirit

A/N. Hi guys! This chapter is horribly short sorry :'( I thought it would be better to just post this first, instead of waiting until I found the time to write more, so here it is..! ^^ I'll update again pretty soon! Thanks for reading :)

 

 

The day was sunny and refreshingly cool. Jimin and Taehyung slipped out of the Institute, all marked up and ready for battle. Jimin wore his signature twin knives on his back, the sheaths arranged like an X across his body. Small throwing knives were tucked in the front of his gear, all sorts of blades were hidden all over his body and his stele was strapped to his leg. Taehyung carried a bow and a sheath of arrows was strapped to his back, a dagger tucked into his boot and various other weapons tucked in every nook and cranny. Both of them were invisible to mundanes as they slipped through the crowd, heading towards the Dunkin' Donuts on the corner of the street.

Two young men sat at a table in front of the shop, the smaller making short work of a box of delicious looking donuts. He had a small, pixie like face, mischievous eyes twinkling above the powdered donut he was currently inhaling. Across the table, Chanyeol slurped on his iced macchiato, a half eaten muffin in his hand. He was visibly taller than the other, even sitting down, and his large ears stuck out from under the snapback perched on his curly hair. The pair soon spotted the younger boys making their way towards them, and greeted them with eager waves.

"Hey, Baek hyung, Chanyeol hyung," Taehyung chirped, giving both a big hug. Jimin simply gave each a bright smile, sitting down next to Baekhyun and sneaking a chocolate covered donut from the box. Baekhyun slapped his hand away indignantly, mumbling a protest through a mouth stuffed full of sugary goods.

"So, where is it?" Taehyung asked brightly, getting straight to the point. Chanyeol frowned worriedly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" he asked. "We'd come with you if we could, but Joonmyun hyung doesn't know we're here, and he'd throw a hissy fit if he knew we told you two where the demons are."

"Don't worry, hyung," Taehyung laughed. "We're the ultimate pair! A couple of measly demons are no match for us."

Baekhyun sighed and stood up, swallowing the rest of his huge mouthful.

"Alright, follow us then." he led the way, leading the others through the bright crowded streets to darker, quieter alleyways. Blank windows stared down at them from the buildings surrounding them, and Jimin had to repress a shudder. "It's down here," Baekhyun told them, pointing down some steps leading to a dark doorway. "There's a whole abandoned place down there. I think it was supposed to become an arcade, but it got ditched before it could even open."

"Ok, thanks, hyung." Jimin slid out a seraph blade and started down the stairs.

"You're sure you'll be okay?" Baekhyun asked again, biting his lips nervously.

"Sure, hyung. Don't worry so much," Taehyung answered breezily, following Jimin down the stairs. "See ya later, hyung!" he grinned up at them before disappearing through the dark doorway.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun glanced at each other.

"Baek..." Chanyeol muttered. "They'll be alright, won't they?"

Baekhyun was silent, chewing on his lower lip. Chanyeol reached out, and tugged at his chin gently. "Don't, Baek, you'll start bleeding."

Baekhyun heaved a sigh. "I don't like it," he said finally. "But if we tell the Institute, Tae will never talk to me again..." he pouted.

"How 'bout we 'let slip' to someone from our pack about what those two are up to?" Chanyeol suggested, face brightening. "Then they can be the ones to tell the Institute and the kids might blame us less?"

Baekhyun cocked his head thoughtfully. "Hmm... that might work... although that means we'll get horribly scolded for helping them once Joonmyun finds out..."

"It's better than them dying," Chanyeol said firmly, leading Baekhyun out to the main street.

-----------------------

Jimin stepped carefully through the abandoned arcade, senses on full alert. He held a witchstone in one hand, a seraph blade held ready in the other. He glanced at his bracelet, which was pulsing gently. It was a sensor, in the form of a big round opal set in a thick leather strap. Behind him, Taehyung placed witchstones at regular intervals on the ground, illuminating the dark place. He held his dagger ready, on the lookout for a good vantage point where he could cover Jimin's back with his bow and arrows. The place was dark and silent, the sound of water dripping coming from somewhere deep inside the arcade.

Jimin paused suddenly, ears straining for the faint sound he had caught seconds before. Taehyung slipped out his bow and and strung it expertly, also listening intently.

In the darkness in front of them, a faint rustling and hissing could be heard. The boys tensed, exchanging quick glances. Their Parabatai bond and their close friendship allowed them to communicate entirely through glances and small gestures. Taehyung slipped another few witchstones out of his pocket while Jimin pocketed his and slid out his twin knives. They then split up, Taehyung heading for a smell ledge against the wall that he planned to shoot from, while Jimin continued forward. The witchstones that Taehyung held were scattered round on his way to the ledge, providing Jimin with enough light to see without holding one himself. The sounds grew louder and Jimin was on high alert, when suddenly a demon darted out from the far corner of the room, lunging at him.

Jimin jerked back, one of the snake-headed demon's deadly looking long fangs narrowly missing him. He slashed through it immediately, dodging the spray of deadly ichor. Another darted out of the darkness only to be struck down by three arrows in quick succession. He grinned. He was starting to forgive Taehyung for dragging him out. He loved fighting, it was what Shadowhunters were programmed for and he was good at it. Glad for the chance to stretch his muscles, he slashed away, carefully sidestepping the dangerous pools of ichor. He weaved through the swarm of demons, slashing, stabbing, hacking off clawed legs and slicing through the toughened skin. To Taehyung, who was up on his ledge shooting any demons that Jimin missed and stabbing any that got too close to him for comfort, he looked almost like he was performing a fierce, deadly dance through the abandoned arcade.

More and more demons appeared, however, and eventually the Shadowhunters realized with sinking hearts that these weren't just 'a few measly demons' - this was a whole pack of huge, dangerous demons, that outnumbered them by almost a dozen to one.