Yoonmin Operation Pt.4 : Finally, the ship sails!

Smells like Teen Spirit

The day after the seven boys' arrival in the Seoul Institute was extremely hot and sunny, and Sungjae was bored out of his mind. The others were all busy - the Tokyo boys had gone out sightseeing, but Sungjae had already seen everything when he'd visited Seoul with his parents the year before, so he'd stayed behind. The girls had accompanied them, along with Seokjin and Namjoon. Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook were nowhere to be found, and besides, he wasn't that close to them yet. Wheein and Hwasa, he'd bonded with immediately, thanks to their natural friendliness and their shared age, but contrary to his bright, friendly attitude, Sungjae was actually a slight introvert who easily got shy. He tried his best to cover it up by starting up conversations with strangers and being hyperactive all the time, but unless the other party reciprocated his efforts, he found it hard to make new friends. Hoseok was easier for him to get comfortable with - that bubbly, bright hyung didn't give him a chance to feel awkward, always joking around and talking animatedly. Yoongi and Jungkook, however, were quiet and introverted - at least until you got to know them well - and Sungjae hadn't been able to get over his initial worries and shyness enough to break through their walls.

He wandered around the Institute humming softly, admiring the different paintings on the walls and striking up random one-sided conversations with suits of armor. Feeling the call of nature, he rushed inside the bathroom next to the Training hall. He'd expected it to be empty - he wasn't expecting to run into a tall, gangly boy with large, pretty brown eyes and go sprawling on the cold tiles of the bathroom.

"Oof," he grunted as he hit the floor.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry!" the boy gasped, stretching out a hand to help him up. "Are you OK?" To his surprise, the fallen stranger widened his eyes with a comically horrified face, clutching at his stomach and lurching up to stagger into a stall, ignoring the concerned boy's outstretched hand.

"Ooohhhh," a long extended groan came from behind the closed door, and the tall shadowhunter standing outside blinked confusedly, a slight blush creeping up his neck.

"Uh, are you alright?" he asked tentatively, knocking lightly on the door to the stall.

"Yeah, sorry," Sungjae called back, relief clear in his voice. "That surprised me, you almost made me wet myself!"

The other jerked back in surprise at the unexpected confession, then burst out laughing.

"Sorry," he giggled. Sungjae laughed along with him, quickly flushing and exiting the stall with a sheepish face.

"Hi," he grinned. "I'm Sungjae. I arrived yesterday with my hyungs. You must be one of the two missing dudes. Uhh.. Jimin? and... Taeyang?" Bent over the washbasin, he scrunched up his face in the mirror trying to remember the names.

"Taehyung," the other shadowhunter corrected. "That's me." He gave a playful wink.

"Taehyung," Sungjae repeated. "Nice to finally meet you." He wiped his wet hands on a paper towel and extended a slightly damp hand for Taehyung to shake.

"Hi, Sungjae-ssi. Great to meet you too. Sorry I wasn't there to welcome you yesterday. There was a... uh, crisis." He wrinkled his brow in distaste at the memory.

Sungjae shook his head. "Apparently, you're the same age as I am," he explained. "No need for formalities - just call me by my name. And what kind of crisis was it?" he asked, curious.

"OK, Sungjae. And trust me, you don't even want to know." He rolled his eyes, lolling back against the counter. "There's trouble brewing in the air, that's for sure."

Sungjae raised his eyebrows. He was around the same height as Taehyung, maybe a centimeter taller, he noticed. He hopped up onto the counter beside Taehyung and raised an eyebrow. "Explain," he demanded, already feeling at home with the other. Maybe it was his unassuming air, or the fact that they were the same age, but he felt strangely comfortable chatting to the brunet. He could sense he was a kindred spirit.

"Well," Taehyung, hummed, chewing on his lip. "There's this guy, OK? And my friend, he's had a crush on him forever. Like, literally forever. And I got the feel this guy liked him back, yeah?"

Sungjae nodded back, already interested in where the story was heading.

"Well, apparently I was wrong, 'cause yesterday my friend and I walked in on our other friend confessing to the dude, and he agreed to go out with him." He grimaced. "You can guess how that went over with my friend."

"Ah," Sungjae winced in sympathy. "Poor guy."

"Yeah," Taehyung said miserably. "So I had to stay with my friend and comfort him - I couldn't bear to leave him all alone."

Sungjae nodded understandingly. "Yeah, I totally get it. No worries, though, it's not that much of a big deal that you weren't there. Your friend, the Head of this Institute, he looked pretty pissed off, though. Really worried about you, too. You should look out for him. Reassure him you're not dead, or something."

"Mm. Thing is," Taehyung mused, "I'm not really sure those two really are going out. I mean, like I said, I was pretty sure the guy liked Ji- my friend back, see?"

Sungjae frowned slightly. "But you said he agreed to date the other friend?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "I guess so, but I don't know - it just doesn't seem right, you know? And the other friend who confessed - I never would have guessed he had a crush on this guy, either. In fact, if I really had to guess who he liked, I would have picked... well," Taehyung blushed hotly. "I would have said, well, me," he finished in an embarrassed mutter, lowering his eyes to stare at his slipper clad feet.

Sungjae had both eyebrows raised by now, amused at his new friend's indirect confession. "Ahh," he grinned, "so it wasn't just your friend who was upset at the turn of events, was it?"

Taehyung made a face, still bright red. "Shut up," he muttered, swatting halfheartedly at Sungjae's arm. "I just think it doesn't make sense, OK?"

Sungjae laughed, dodging Taehyung's flailing hand.

"Well, why don't you ask them?" he pointed out reasonably. Taehyung stopped in the middle of a playful punch.

"Why didn't I think of that?" he asked himself, nonplussed. "It's so obvious, yet I never even thought of just going up to him and asking about it. Huh. Weird"

Sungjae shrugged. "Sometimes the answer's right in front of your nose," he said, uncharacteristically solemn for once. "You just have to open your eyes to be able to see it."

----------------------------------------------

"Hyung!" Taehyung yelled after Yoongi, running to catch up with the smaller demon hunter. "Yoongi hyung, wait up!"

"Taehyung," Yoongi remarked, surprised. "Where were you all this time? Seokjin was worried out of his mind about you two." He purposefully ignored the insistant voice in his head telling him to ask about how Jimin was doing.

"I was with Jimin," Taehyung said shrewdly, carefully watching Yoongi's reaction.

Yoongi's cheeks flushed slightly, but it was hard to catch - the only reason it was visible at all was Yoongi's abnormally white skin. "Oh?" he hmm-ed, endeavouring to sound nonchalant. "Why, was there something the matter with Jiminie?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Yeah, there was 'something the matter with Jiminie'," he drawled. "Don't worry, though. You've got your boyfriend to worry about, now. How's Jungkookie?"

Yoongi winced. "Tae-" he began. He paused, thinking about how to go about explaining the misunderstanding.

"Tell me something, hyung," Taehyung interrupted, examining Yoongi carefully. "Are you two really dating? Because I'm having a hard time believing you are, somehow."

"No!" Yoongi blurted, relieved Taehyung had caught on so fast. "No, it was all a misunderstanding."

Taehyung nodded thoughtfully. "I thought so," he mused. "I'm always right. Hah! Take that, ChimChim!" He grinned to himself, satisfied.

"No, no need to explain to me," he continued, holding up an open palm to stop Yoongi who was opening his mouth to clarify the situation. "It's Jimin you need to explain this to."

"Could you maybe tell him he misunderstood?" Yoongi asked hopefully, but the younger was shaking his head even before he finished speaking.

"No, that's up to you, hyung," he said firmly. "You need to fix this."

Yoongi deflated, sighing and running a hand through his minty hair. "How, though?" he asked miserably. "Jimin would never listen to me long enough for me to explain. He'd just keep running away."

"Don't underestimate him," the younger boy frowned. "He's stronger than you think. Sure, right now he's a little distraught, but he's strong enough to behave normally when he's with the others. Don't think he'll stay crying in a corner forever."

"Where is he?" he asked cautiously.

"He went out to cool his head for a bit. He wanted to be alone. He'll be back before supper." Taehyung looked hard at his hyung. "Make sure you clear things up," he warned him. "I don't like my Jiminnie suffering like this - you'd better make him smile before today is up, or you'll have me to deal with."

Yoongi smiled faintly. "Of course," he replied fondly. "Don't worry, I want him to smile, too."

Taehyung nodded, satisfied. He turned around to leave, striding away with long steps.

"Oh, and Taehyung-" Yoongi called after him. "Thank you," he finished sincerely.

-------------------------------------------

Jimin wandered the streets of Seoul alone, earphones blasting out music and hands stuck deep in his pockets. He kicked out at an offending stone blocking his way. A man had to vent his feelings somehow, didn't he?

He was unglamoured, dressed in ripped jeans and a supreme hoodie. He had a few weapons hidden here and there, but on the whole he was just a normal, sulky teenager who, at the moment, was ruminating about just how much he hated his life. His usual optimism had vanished, at least temporarily. He was miserable, but at the same he was kicking himself internally for being such a petty, weak human being. How could he, even for a second, have hated his adorable dongsaeng? It wasn't Jungkookie's fault they both liked Yoongi. He was, after all, incredibly attractive, talented, cool, kind - he could go on forever. Jimin was thoroughly ashamed of that brief moment of weakness. His nature repelled him from really hating anyone. When you put yourself into someone else's shoes and knew what they knew, felt what they felt - then, you could understand their actions no matter how horribly mean they seemed, he found. He therefore forgave easily things that others would have found unforgivable. His friends were always telling him he was too kind, too forgiving. He was easy prey for people who sought to manipulate and take advantage of him.

He wouldn't change for the world, though. He found it was better to be hurt than to hurt others.

Merpeople flashed their colorful fins below him in the Han River as he crossed the bridge, flipping their long hair as they broke through the surface of the glittering water. When he turned off his music to take in the refreshing afternoon, he could hear their high, tinkling laughter, the chatter of clear, musical voices in a language he did not understand. It made him feel better to watch their carefree playing, and he smiled at the sight of a young pair of mermaids bickering over a collection of pearls. Tiny green faeries played among the flowers in the park, and he ran into the occasional werewolf on the streets, recognizable by their loping gait and their slightly feral eyes. He even crossed a warlock, one he knew only by sight. They nodded politely to each other as they crossed each other, the warlock flapping his black bat wings behind him. He took in a breath of fresh air and let it out slowly. This walk was doing him good - already he felt much calmer than he had when he'd left the Institute in a hurry.

"-min, hey, Jimin!" He whipped around, pulling his earbuds out as he did so. At first he saw no one, too distracted by the crowd around him, but then he spotted Hwasa waving at him energetically from across the street. Wheein was with her, waving just as enthusiastically. Smiling, he quickly crossed the street to greet them.

"Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" he asked, pleasantly surprised.

"We're showing our visitors around the city, of course," Hwasa chuckled. "They're over there, in that music shop over there. Me and Wheein were going to grab some water from the corner store over there."

"Speaking of our visitors, where on earth were you and Taehyung yesterday?" Wheein asked curiously. "Didn't Seokjin tell you that Moonbyul's cousin and his friends were coming to visit us from Tokyo?"

"Oh, I completely forgot," Jimin gasped. "I was a little distracted yesterday, sorry." He grimaced sheepishly. "Tae was with me, too. Was Seokjin very angry?"

"Well...." The two girls exchanged looks. "He was more worried than angry, actually. I wouldn't get on his nerves too much today, if I were you."

"JIMIN!" a loud voice exclaimed. The three Shadowhunters all jumped.

"Speak of the devil," Hwasa muttered, eyes wide, as Seokjin stormed over to them.

"Where on earth were you yesterday??" he ranted, hands on his hips. "And what are you doing out of the Institute, alone?"

Jimin winced apologetically. "Sorry, hyung," he murmured, pouting up at him cutely. He was ready to use all the charm in his possession to avoid the scolding that Seokjin was clearly hyping himself up to deliver. "Me and Tae were a little distracted last night. We totally forgot about the visitors from Tokyo."

More boys were pouring out of the small store, he noticed, and not all of them were familiar. He spotted Solar and Moonbyul giving him tiny waves from behind Seokjin, and Namjoon was laying a comforting hand on his distressed lover's shoulder, but the others were all complete strangers.

"It's okay," one of them told Seokjin, trying to calm him down. "We don't mind. Do we?" The other boys all shook their heads, murmuring affirmations. "See?" the first boy continued, shooting Jimin a friendly smile. "Don't be too mad at the kid."

Seokjin stiffened, then let out a heavy breath. His tense shoulders slumped down again, and he shot Jimin a rueful glare. "Don't do that again, though," he warned the smaller boy. "Next time, you and Tae aren't getting off this easily."

"Sure, hyung!" Jimin chirped, bouncing a little on the balls of his feet. "Thanks," he hissed to the boy who had talked Seokjin out of his rant, smiling gratefully at him as the small group made its way down the street.

"No problem," the stranger grinned. Another boy wrapped his arm around his shoulder, peering down at Jimin.

"Aww," he cooed, and Jimin blushed. "How cute," the koala gushed in a high pitched tone, clinging obstinately to his friend. "Isn't he cute, hyung?" he asked the boy he was practically hanging off, and the other agreed, reaching out to squeeze Jimin's cheeks.

"Awww," they both grinned, and Jimin pushed their hands away, embarrassed.

"I'm Eunkwang, by the way," the first boy introduced himself as the group headed back towards the Institute. "How old are you, Jimin?"

"I'm a 95er," he said, and the koala-like boy pouted.

"You're the same age as Sungjae, huh?" He sounded strangely petulant. "That rascal, not even calling me hyung - don't become like him, okay, Jimin-ah?" he told him sulkily. "He's the worst! He makes fun of me all the time. He's so childish."

"As if you're not just as childish as he is, Changsub hyung," Ilhoon put in from behind them, rolling his eyes.

"Don't compare me to that whiny baby!" Changsub protested, outraged. "I'm better than him, thank you!" He pouted again and aimed a kick at Ilhoon's shins.

"Ow, hyung!!!" Ilhoon shrieked, hopping around on one leg, clutching his sore ankle.

Changsub just stuck out his tongue, and Jimin laughed. He liked these guys - they were funny and easy-going. Before long, they were laughing and joking around like old friends, and Jimin had all but forgotten about his sad mood.

"Jimin!" a voice called him loudly as soon as the group set foot in the institute. He startled, recognizing Yoongi who came striding over to him. He'd been pacing around in the entrance hall all afternoon, waiting for Jimin to return from his little walk. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Uh," he stammered, looking around quickly. "Sorry hyung, but I was actually gonna go show Eunkwang hyung and Changsub hyung around the library!" He grabbed the two unsuspecting boys' arms and started dragging them away from the mint haired Shadowhunter. "Sorry!" he called over his shoulder. "Maybe later!" And Yoongi was left alone with a group of curious teenagers, his mouth hanging slightly open in surprise.

"What was that about?" Seokjin asked his friend, but Yoongi just shrugged and scowled. Apparently, he thought irritably, Jimin was going to play the avoiding game with him.

----------------------------------------------------------

"What was all that about, just now?" Eunkwang asked the same thing, sounding slightly amused as the red faced boy let go of their arms once they were around the corner. Jimin looked down, shuffling his feet anxiously.

"Sorry," he muttered. "I actually don't want to talk to him right now," he explained. "Sorry for dragging you off like that."

"Nah," Changsub grinned, linking his arm with Jimin's. "You promised to show us the library, didn't you?"

Jimin smiled guiltily back. "I guess," he giggled, leading them towards the library.

Chatting animatedly, the three of them sat in a small nook in the corner of the huge room, hugging puffy cushions and reclining on soft pouffes and beanbags and having the time of their life.

All too soon, it was time for dinner and the three traipsed out of their cosy corner to join the others at table. Jimin deliberately took a seat between Eunkwang and Changsub, across the table from Taehyung who raised his left eyebrow at him, their sign to ask their Parabatai, "Are you OK?". He nodded minutely, giving him a tiny smile, and his best friend grinned back, looking relieved.

Taehyung himself was seated next to his new friend Sungjae, with whom he exchanged lame jokes and mimicked animals using their vegetables, all through the dinner. Jimin burst out laughing hysterically when Taehyung waggled him eyebrows suggestively at him, two mini baby carrots forming a mustache over his upper lip, and everyone had to crack a smile at Sungjae's excellent 'cow eating grass' impression.

The only two not amused nor pleased by the presence of the Tokyo newcomers were Jungkook, who kept missing his mouth with his fork because of how concentrated he was on Taehyung, shooting jealous glares at Sungjae; and Yoongi, who was brooding at the far end of the table, prodding at his food with his fork and glaring balefully at the boisterous duo surrounding Jimin. 

He didn't like the way the two idiots' faces lit up whenever they were watching his little mochi, the way they called him Jiminnie or simply Minnie without even asking for permission, and the way they were always so loud and happy all the time. Try as he might, he just couldn't help the jealousy that was rearing its head inside his heart, waking up and starting to roar loudly.

As soon as the meal was over, he stood and made his way to Jimin, who was giggling stupidly at a joke Changsub had told, but as soon as the younger spotted him coming, he shot up like a bullet.

"Eunkwang hyung, come on! Let's go watch that movie we were talking about!" he yelped, grabbing the bemused boy and legging it out of the room. Yoongi huffed. This was slowly getting annoying.

 

This little dance between him and Jimin continued for longer than he'd thought possible - he'd even caught the others making bets on how long it would take before Yoongi finally caught up to the lithe, light-footed evader. The longest best was Jungkook's, who thought Jimin would manage to survive the whole week. He and Taehyung were still on slightly uncomfortable terms - Taehyung knew Jungkook wasn't dating Yoongi, but he was still clueless to the youngest's crush on him, and to Jungkook's eternal frustration, Taehyung had only gotten closer to Sungjae in Jimin's absence. He hated feeling like an outsider as he watched the 95-ers, minus Jimin, laugh and giggle as they talked among themselves and went out for fun-filled trips to the mall or the local parks.

Yoongi had also conveniently forgotten to tell Jungkook that Taehyung knew about their misunderstanding, and so Jungkook spent many a miserable night trying to think up ways to clear up the air between him and Taehyung. To tell the truth, Yoongi couldn't care less - he was way too focused on his own dire situation.

"Hey, Jimin-"

"Oh! Look at the time! Sorry hyung, gotta go!"

"Jimin, can we talk-"

"Oops, sorry Yoongi, I promised Peniel hyung I'd take him to Hongdae today! See you later!"

"Jimin-"

"Sorry, Eunkwang hyung needs me-"

"Ya, Jimin-ah,"

"Mmm, later hyung, I'm busy right now-"

"Hey, can we finally talk?"

"Sorry, I'm going out shopping with the others!"

"Ya, Park Jimin!!"

Yoongi couldn't take this anymore. It was the n-th time he'd tried to confront the younger, and he was also getting sick of the way Jimin was always clinging to the Tokyo Shadowhunters as if they were his lifeline. Jimin was also avoiding Taehyung, who'd taken pity on his mint-haired hyung and tried to set him up with Yoongi at the beginning of the week. As a result, he was always with Eunkwang or Changsub, and sometimes with Peniel, Minhyuk, Ilhoon or Hyunsik, who were all fond of the small mochi-like boy and indulged in his every whim. Eunkwang especially doted on Jimin, always beaming down at the bubbly, cute dongsaeng, and Yoongi was incredibly jealous of the (to him) flirty looks the two kept exchanging.

Seokjin and Hoseok had already dropped out of the bet - Seokjin had confidently bet that Jimin would cave before the next day was up, and Hoseok had thought Yoongi would manage to corner him somehow within two days. Both were wrong, to their eternal amazement - this avoiding game had already went on for 4 whole days. Yoongi's patience was at an all time low.

Jimin jumped, scared by the loud shout. He'd been reading in the library, and tried to scuttle away as a furious Yoongi stormed over to him. His way was blocked by the angry Shadowhunter who crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

"What's your excuse this time?" he asked, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Do you need to go snuggle up with your precious Eunkwang hyung again?"

Jimin scowled. "Don't talk about him like that! He's really nice! Unlike you," he shot back, trying to push past his hyung.

"Not so fast," Yoongi growled, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. His tight grip on his wrist didn't hurt, but it was firm enough to tell him that he was going nowhere until their conversation was over. It didn't stop him from trying to squirm away however, hopeless as he knew it was, complaining all the while. Huffing an exasperated sigh, Yoongi tugged at the younger boy, spinning him around until his back hit the bookshelf and pinning him there. Jimin gulped, abruptly falling silent. He was intensely aware of the position they were in, Yoongi towering above him despite their (almost) identical height, one hand pinning Jimin's arm against the bookshelf and the other braced beside his head, keeping him from escaping.

"Now will you listen?" Yoongi asked snarkily, raising an irritable brow. Swallowing hard, Jimin nodded timidly. "Good," Yoongi huffed.

"First off," he began, his low, gravelly voice doing things to Jimin's suddenly wobbly legs. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Jimin looked away, pouting slightly, and Yoongi made an annoyed sound, tapping the smaller boy's chin with his finger to bring his eyes back up to meet his again. Jimin flushed a rich red as deep, dark eyes bored into his. 

"I wasn't," he protested defiantly. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, right," he replied. "You could have fooled me, running off in the opposite direction whenever I came anywhere near you."

Jimin's pout grew more pronounced, and Yoongi couldn't help the way his eyes flickered downwards for a microsecond. Thankfully, Jimin hadn't noticed.

"Fine," he snapped. "I don't want to talk to you, Yoongi, OK?"

"Why not?" Yoongi asked in a low, slightly threatening voice, shifting slightly closer. 

"I- I just don't," Jimin stumbled over his words, shrinking back into the bookshelf.

"Mm. Really," Yoongi all but purred, eyes darkening. "That just makes things even worse," he stated, startling Jimin.

"Wha- what do you mean?" he gulped, confused.

"You just didn't want to talk to me - so then, you went and plastered yourself all over other guys, just so you could avoid me?" He tutted. "Shameless behavior, in my opinion. If you had a reason, I might have understood, but this - disappointing, to be honest."

"No!" Jimin gasped, appalled. "I mean, there was a reason, but it- it's embarrassing-" He paused then, suddenly. "Wait a second," he continued indignantly, "Why do you care? And I wasn't plastering myself over anyone!"

"No?" Yoongi growled angrily. "Then why were you clinging to that Eunkwang guy's arm all the time, looking like a lovesick puppy?"

"I wasn't!"

"Yeah right! You were hanging off his every word!"

"I was not! Stop making things up!" Both were red faced and yelling by then.

"Yes you were! If you like him all that much, why don't you follow him to Tokyo when he leaves? Then you wouldn't have to bother to run away from me all the time!"

"I would never, because I like YOU!!"

Both boys shut up rather suddenly, realizing what Jimin had just screamed at him. 

Yoongi blinked rapidly, a tiny smile starting to spread across his face. Jimin was mortified. He wanted nothing more than to run away from Yoongi's piercing stare and bury himself somewhere, never showing his stupid embarrassed face to the world again.

"I, I mean," he stammered, trying to clear up the mess, "I didn't mean I like like you, I just mean as a hyung, you know?" he rambled, getting more and more worked up and humiliated as he continued. He almost felt like bursting into tears. This wasn't how he'd wanted things to go, not at all.

"You like me," Yoongi repeated smugly. It wasn't a question, but a statement. Jimin groaned, burying his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry, hyung," he moaned into his hands. "I didn't mean to, I promise! I was just upset, because I've liked you for a long time," he babbled, looking up desperately and grabbing the front of Yoongi's shirt, apologizing over and over again with wide, pleading eyes. "And I know you've got Jungkookie now," he continued, "and I swear I won't make things awkward for you, really I won't! I'm really happy for you two, and I won't get in the way, I promise! Jungkookie's really attractive, so I understand why you like him, I mean, I could never be like him-"

"Jimin," Yoongi interrupted, stopping Jimin's ranting. "Shut up."

Jimin's face fell and he let his hands drop, looking down at the floor. Yoongi sighed a little and slid a hand under the crestfallen boy's chin, raising his face to look him in the eyes.

"Jimin," he said carefully, pronouncing each word slowly so Jimin couldn't miss a thing. "I'm not dating Jungkook."

Jimin blinked several times, utterly confused. Yoongi couldn't help cooing internally at the adorable sight before him, the chubby cheeked teenager blinking confusedly up at him with tear tracks still staining his cheeks.

"Huh?" he asked, unable to understand Yoongi's words. "But- but I saw you- I heard him confess! You- you said you liked him too, I thought that meant..." he trailed off, unsure, and Yoongi smiled again.

"Jungkook doesn't like me, and I don't like him either, not in that way, at least," he explained gently. "He likes someone else, he was practicing the best way to confess to his crush on me, you guys heard only a part of it and drew the wrong conclusion."

Jimin's mouth dropped open slightly as he tried to wrap his mind around this new turn of events. "Then..." he whispered timidly, "then you two aren't together?"

Yoongi shook his head fondly.

"You... don't like Kookie?"

"Nope," he replied, grinning. "I like you."

Jimin squeaked in surprise.

"I like you, Park Jimin, and I have for a while. I'm sorry for being such a coward and not telling you earlier - if I had, we could have saved us from all this mess," he said ruefully. "You were driving me crazy, you know," he added, pulling the stunned boy closer and wrapping an arm around his waist. "I was going mad with jealousy. I became scared you might not want me after all this mess, that you might be starting to like that Eunkwang guy instead. Hell, I didn't even know for sure if you'd ever liked me at all!" He exclaimed, shaking his head at the memory. He looked down at Jimin, who was finally catching up to the fact that his crush wasn't dating one of his friends, and that he even liked him back.

"Tell me you're not lying," he said weakly, clutching at Yoongi's shirt and burying his face into his chest. He found comfort in the steady thudding of Yoongi's heart, and smiled a little when the heartbeat stuttered and sped up.

"I'm not lying," he repeated dutifully, hugging his dongsaeng tight and kissing the top of his head fondly. Jimin squeaked again at that, small hands gripping Yoongi's waist, embarrassed. 

"I like you, Jimin-ah," Yoongi murmured softly, nuzzling the younger's soft hair. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

Jimin pulled back at that, beaming so wide that his eyes almost disappeared. "Yes!" he cheered, throwing his arms around his new boyfriend's neck. Both boys sighed in relief and contentment as he buried his face into Yoongi's neck, matching smiles on their faces.

"Hey, Jimin?" Yoongi whispered into his boyfriend's ears after a short moment, pulling away from their tender embrace.

"Mmm?" Jimin hummed happily.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked carefully, blushing slightly. Jimin's eyes flew open and he also flushed bright red, gulping in anticipation as he nodded shyly.

Slowly, Yoongi stepped closer to Jimin again, backing him against the bookshelf. Jimin's eyes flickered down to Yoongi's lips then back up, his heart thudding so fast he could barely hear anything else. Yoongi leaned in, eyes darkening with intent as he drew closer, until their lips met and their eyes fluttered closed, Jimin raising his arms to wind them around Yoongi's neck and Yoongi placing his large hands on the other's waist.

Jimin almost moaned when Yoongi's tongue flickered out to run along his lower lip and he opened up eagerly, allowing the older to deepen the kiss. The air grew more heated, the kiss growing slowly deeper and more desperately passionate. Jimin arched his back slightly, trying to get even closer to Yoongi who ran his hands up the other's back, wrapping one arm around his waist and entangling the other in his soft, fluffy brown hair. Jimin gasped in surprise when he bit his lower lip lightly, tugging at it a little before smoothing it back out with his tongue.

"Yoongi," he gasped almost inaudibly, and Yoongi let out a low growl in response, sliding a thigh between Jimin's legs as he stepped impossibly closer. Jimin clutched at Yoongi's back at that, gasping and whimpering slightly. They thudded back against the bookshelf when he lost control of his legs, Yoongi's grip on him the only thing keeping them from collapsing to the floor.

"Jimin," Yoongi panted, pulling back slightly to look at the boy he'd pined after for so long, a fierce sort of pride and possessiveness growing in him at the sight of the swollen, red lips and hooded, lust-filled gaze. Mine, something inside him growled, knowing that it was him who'd done that to the younger, that it was him who had this wonderful boy's love and not any other.

"Beautiful," he whispered to his boyfriend, which made him blush madly and shake his head, smiling bashfully. Embarrassed, he buried his face back into Yoongi's chest, and the other laughed fondly, pulling him back up to brush kisses on his forehead, his eyelids, his cute little nose, his red chubby cheeks, his jaw and finally his lips. "It's true," he laughed softly, the corners of his lips curling up against the other's. Jimin smiled back at that, pressing upwards to kiss him back, this time a slow, happy kiss instead of a passionate, burning hot one.

"You, too," he confessed shyly afterwards, hiding his red face by nosing under Yoongi's jaw.

"Hmm?" the older asked, peering down at his boyfriend.

"You're beautiful, too," Jimin muttered, too embarrassed to speak any louder. Yoongi's smile widened, and he chuckled, pleased. 

"I didn't hear you," he teased. "What did you say?"

"Aish, hyung!" Jimin whined, pulling away and pouting. Yoongi laughed and tugged the adorable boy back, wrapping both arms tightly around him.

"Thank you," he breathed into Jimin's hair, making the younger squirm in order to peer up at the other.

"For what?" he asked, confused.

"For everything," Yoongi said solemnly.

Jimin giggled, pleased, and kissed him on the cheek, grinning cheekily. "You should be," he , eyes crinkling up into little crescents. "You get to have me for a boyfriend. Not many people get to have that honor, consider it a great privilege."

Yoongi groaned, rolling his eyes. "I take that back," he grumbled halfheartedly, but he tightened his arms around Jimin anyways.

"You love me," Jimin laughed, and Yoongi smiled despite himself.

"That I do," he agreed, laughing back softly, "that I do."

 

 

 

A/N. PHEWWW!!! Finally! Yoonmin got together, yay. This chapter took so long to writeeeee I'm sorry guys :( I hope I didn't disappoint? I had a lot of fun writing the last part though.

And also I just love the fact that Tae can make friends in a freaking BATHROOM, you know? He has so many bathroom friends, and Sungjae is just one of them. Since I love both groups and both boys, I just love this friendship so much. Plus, they are slightly similar, in the way they're so extra, and make such hilarious meme faces. I wanted to make the bathroom scene funny, but I'm not sure I really succeeded... Still, I had fun writing it, and I could totally see their faces haha

Also I at writing hot steamy scenes lol I just can't write omg... So I guess this fic won't go past pg 13...? unless I somehow overcome my problem and manage to write some more mature scenes hahahaha........ XD