Into you part 2

Untold Fairy tale
00001010


Five years later…

Declining to be bothered by yelling at her neighborhood, Chaeyoung wore a huge head set, enough to cover whole of her ears before putting the paint brush dipped in a purple paint in between her tightly pressed lips. She takes another available brush and gently mixed the white and small portion of orange complexion before putting out the desired color in a test in her huge, almost life-sized canvass.

Dull.

Why does those color combinations looks so dull even how many times she had her great mixing skills in edge, it still turns out looking so dull. A growl pushed off her lips and collected that brush that reside there to step backwards and look at the bigger picture of this painting.

Sigh.

Running her fingers through her short dark locks, she throws her paint brushes on the bucket of water like a dart games. She shook her head while having the mental declaration that her inspiration for today has run out. She crouched and propped her elbow at her knees as she washed the paint brushes on the bucket.

The Bluetooth headset that is still on after she just finished her playlist of John Strauss symphony received an upcoming call that she immediately answered. “Mom.” based on that special ring tone, she doesn’t need to look at her phone.

“Chaeyoung I can’t pin out your door. Did you change?” the woman groused at the other line, Chaeyoung being good at figuring out her mother’s mood by voice smiled and put the washed paint brush at the table.

“Yeah. 0324.”

“I’ll hang.”

“Uh.” she said and hissed before she stood up to welcome her Mom. “Mom.”

“I don’t think I can even come on that ing hell after this night. He’s so evil.” hands pressed in either side of her waist, Mrs. Son walked back and forth the living room while let her daughter gets some drink at the fridge. “I had enough.”

“I am about to brew some dark coffee, would you like me change it?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Tequila.” Mrs. Son answered.

“No.”

“Then why did you ing ask my opinion?!” a smile drawn on Chaeyoung’s lips after seeing her mother caught off guard in what she just do to her child.

“I just don’t ing want to see you drink alcohol. See? It’s fine to curse. I don’t ing care.”

“Okay.” Mrs. Son awkwardly rolled an eye. “Sorry.” Chaeyoung laughs inwardly before she set the brewer aside and hug her mom’s head, putting it closer in her tummy. “This is why I love you Mom.”

“Get off you’re suffocating me Son Chaeyoung!” she pushed the laughing woman aside and partially scoff seeing the resemblance of her husband in that y chuckle Chaeyoung made. “I hate all the people who has Son in surname.”

“You sure did, Mrs. Son.” Chaeyoung replied emphasizing that Mrs. Son obviously.

“I am Bae. Bae Joohyun.” the woman stated with finality she rolled an eye again and leaned at the sofa.

“That’s after you finally realized that divorce is the only thing you two needed.”

“Wow. I appreciate how my only daughter advised me to file a divorce, neh?”

“You don’t love him anymore and obviously, he did too. His needs are being met elsewhere and we both know it. What’s holding you back? Me? Your 25 years old independent daughter?” Chaeyoung asked filling a cup of coffee for Ms. Bae as she said.

The missus just smelled the aroma of strong dark coffee before sipping for once. “Fetch my things at home. I’m sleeping here from now on.”

Chaeyoung choked in disbelief. “What?! A multi millionaire company directress can’t buy a house for herself?!”

“I will ask my chief of staff to arrange a divorce then how can I buy my own house—” an audible inhale is the rest— “I don’t appreciate how you sounded like complaining.” unhurried grin forming, her daughter nodded.

“I can’t believe it was like I was forced to work on your chief of staff to settle everything this fast.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“Chaeyoung, my dear. You are my baby. You even ask me to lull you to sleep last year, how dare you!” Joohyun exclaimed making Chaeyoung’s laugh extended.

“I just don’t want to be mothered. I need quiet place to call my own.”

“Whatever.”
 


Mina from the excessive work for today slumped crisp at her couch and fished for the nearest table of her music companion. Being used with this set up, she had skillfully put the needle on the huge black disk and Franz Liszt symphonies was on. From the interval notes and rest, Mina find pleasure.

She never had imagined a life this haggard.

Well, not actually because after graduating in a bachelor’s degree of four years, her life turned surprisingly beautiful yet, tiring. If she isn’t that pressured at her mother’s word to use her degree rather than rotting it until her death, she is not tired by now. No wonder why professionals somewhat stereotyped as loveless and ruthless individuals.

The telephone home rings like usual at scheduled time of 8:00pm. After deciding to make a change of her life, her mother can’t be more proud at her. Calling her every 8pm, cooking her meals and even petting her like a real daughter when she never ever did it before.

Inside Mina hides a small happiness with it but sometimes gets annoyed because she was literally a twenty seven years old girl—near thirty who still have her mother baby sitting her. How come.

“I know mom. I am cooking my own dinner for today. I won’t call for delivery saying it wasn’t safe blah blah blah. I’m hanging up.” Mina narrated with an eye roll before she plan to slam the telephone down. Not even waiting for mom to say what is her thing. Mina memorized it. With all the heart. But a voice stopped her from doing so. “Hark! Its me Ms. Myoui, oh my God!”

Like all her soul run out her body when the voice of her boss was heard at the other line. “Oh —I’m so sorry Ms. Kang!”

“I can’t believe you just blah blah blah-ed me but its fine. As much as I need you to come to the agency. Right now!”

WTH.

With a groan, she took a quick change of button down and pencil skirt before grabbing her car keys.

Just things gets more complicated when…

“A real estate owner needs a representative to talk to Ms. Bae’s daughter. She’s to buy a house for herself and it was so urgent. This is the meeting place and I will explain how—”

Quite doubtful with the sudden task, Mina cuts her. “Ma’am you’re probably mistaking me as a part of our marketing agency—”

“I just want you to do it Ms. Myoui. Our company is the least expected agency to receive a call from high business personality such as Bae Joohyun herself. I can’t let anyone handle this thing. Not even myself.”

Although in the line laced some compliment, Mina also knows that the words hides big responsibility. What if she failed to negotiate? Their company will be on shame. Will be on bankruptcy because of her and she will be fired and will disappoint her mom—NO. This MUST success at any cost. “O-okay.”
 


Of all the mother of unlucky penguins in skyblue underwear—It rains. Mina is not that type of a person who always have some umbrellas in her bag or so whatever—to make the long story short, she is all disheveled.

Although not that much, she can’t look inappropriate for this meeting. She had everything prepared for past three days and never in her mind visits a thought of getting wet before even the conversation starts. Even up to the end. God.

After stopping her car out the country road because of some privacy stop, she didn’t know it’ll take another long road to reach the restaurant that is very aesthetic for technologies to ruin. Ms. Bae’s daughter must have some love and passion to natures that’s why she chose this kind if place for business meet up.

She covered her head with both her hands while she run into the nearest bicycle stop that is roofed by old maroon tiles and canopy. She is still inwardly cursing the sudden change of weather while fixing her white blouse when a clearing of throat made her stop and pay a little look to her roof-mate.

An obvious shock was shown in her face when beside her stood Chaeyoung’s cool appearance. Wearing same white blouse but much attractive to the younger. Legs was hugged by the pitch black jeans paired with formal grey flats. Gorgeous. No. She’s handsomely perfect.

“The weather is surprising right? I never gets her mood. Sometimes.” Chaeyoung commented as if they were as simple as acquaintance. She chuckled and puts her both hands in her jeans packet before whistling various rhythm lowly.

Mina at the other side trying to hide all her burst of emotions after seeing the girl for long five years. Chaeyoung seems not surprised at her like she did so it was a logical thing to say that everything in both of them is already done. Basically, Chaeyoung is that someone she used to know.

“Y-yeah.” she answered after clearing a throat.

“At Cheongnam restaurant?” Chaeyoung asked making the Japanese scoff.

“Obviously. There is no other restaurant in this way.” Mina retorted. Chaeyoung lets out a breathtaking smile before their eyes accidentally met. Mina swear to God that Chaeyoung’s smile is still her favourite view. The most aesthetic one.

“Touché.” Chaeyoung said and the conversation is done like that. Both of them can feel each other’s desire to have another conversation to pull but both are just afraid to open up. The rain is still dropping down the roof and it seems to enjoy itself up there, not wanting to stop at any minute from now. Mina just suddenly felt a warm hug of Chaeyoung’s arm wrapped on her. The blouse is now topped at her back, leaving the younger girl with thin vneck white shirt.

“Chaeyoung you don’t need to do this. It’s cold!”

“You are, Mina.” Chaeyoung replied hinting something behind those words. “Besides I am not wet. I came here before even the rain.”

“Th-thank you.” Mina can’t argue for more. Honestly, she was indeed cold. Another awkward minutes passed before Mina bravely inserted a topic between heavy ambiance.

“I never thought you’re a settling type. Aren’t your wanderlust wounded?” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“I can’t be wanderer for a life time. I am getting old and I also need settlement.”

“Nice to hear.” Mina replied.

“How about you? Got date?”

“Meeting.”

“I hope its not me whom you desire to meet.” Chaeyoung didn’t mean to sound like a self conceited jerk but this is how Mina interpreted those words.

“Don’t you ever think that my world rounds only at you, Chaeyoung.” Mina said although she knows it too that Chaeyoung must be playing random unappreciated jokes and such but out of the abundance of your heart, your mouth will speak it.

“Hey—its not what I mean but—”

“I hate that I am happy to see you again after almost six years Chae. I hate that I am still into you when I know you don’t feel the same way to me.” after the mini speech, Mina runs into the rain, not wanting to see Chaeyoung’s reaction at her honest confession.

If Ms. Bae’s daughter is considerate enough, she won’t mind seeing Mina wet. Or maybe. “Reservation for Ms. Bae,” she tell the usher.

“Are you Ms. Son?” the usher asked which made her looks up to the man. Awkwardly, the usher spoke again. “I guess you are from agency, Ms. Myoui? Come. Follow me.” even a little bit confused, Mina followed him and puts Chaeyoung’s blouse in her arm as she walks.

Just all her thoughts of common love story cliché was justified when she saw at the table displayed a name Myoui Mina and Son Chaeyoung. Suddenly, Chaeyoung, hair still dewy from the rain outside approached her and pulled a chair for her. “I knew it. You’re from Ms. Kang’s agency.”

Mina can only scoff at reality. “Sorry Ms. Son. I shouldn’t have acted that way earlier.” she awkwardly pulled the blouse of the boss off her body and cover it to her face.

“No mention. Only God knows how much those words made my day Ms. Myoui.” Chaeyoung said and run an island to pull a chair for Mina. The Japanese never felt this embarasment as before. Like wanting the ground to just eat her up just to make up things she have said to Chaeyoung earlier. To Ms. Bae’s daughter.

“So... How’re ya doin? I mean, are you seeing someone? Got dates or what–” Chaeyoung being awkward after speaking tongues slaps herself and chuckled. She always looks autistic when she's overwhelmed and Mina knows it best. She likes it when Chaeyoung is acting like a kid and someone worth of your love and affection. “I’m so sorry.”

“Chaeyoung we should talk about business here.”

“Where is the paper? I’ll sign it.” Chaeyoung said with much more enthusiasm even the talk about business is not yet over, she is just too excited to spent a day with this girl. Mina can’t be more surprised with this reaction.
 
 


“Where are we Chaeyoung? Don’t take me anywhere we are to visit the house and nothing more.” Mina getting a little bit suspicious to the driving Chaeyoung seeing the younger smiling while doing so.

“This allows me to introduce myself again.” the driver replied as she padded on the gas hardly.

“Seriously Son Chaeyoung!”

“Yes we will visit the house but let me do this first.”

“Where are we going?!”

“Twenty questions.”

“What?!”

“That’ll be your first.” Chaeyoung replied. “A place.”

“Chaeyoung stop playing freaking games!”

“Ain’t playing.”

“So what is this?!” Mina groans and it just make Chaeyoung more thrilled.

“8 questions left. Yes it’s a joyride.” Speechless, Mina can only successfully enunciate a sarcastic “Wow.” mixed by disbelief.

“You’ll see Mina, we’re a kilometer away!” and more minutes without saying anything but praying for her dear life to be saved by Chaeyoung’s unprofessional way of driving. It’s worst than Vikings because this thing gives her retching feelings that the amusement ride can’t do. Chaeyoung seems safe and the everly exuberant personally is kept by those bubbly careless smile.

They reached the platform with Mina upchucking everything out and the younger is much rambunctious as ever. “Hey Mina look!”

“This can’t get anymore dangerous Son Chaeyoung!” she blabbed but once she followed Chaeyoung’s direction, a breath taking scenery was before her eyes. A part of Seoul that the technology has yet to surmount. It was all beautiful in natural sense. She felt like it was Osaka in Korea. All she can utter is “Beautiful.”

“You are.” Chaeyoung said and it makes the Japanese turns into her.

“Why are you taking me here?” she asked turning full of her attention to the girl. “We have a lot more things to do than sight seeing.”

“Mina don’t feel ual yet.” with that, the Japanese blushed profusely.

“Son Chaeyoung I mean—”

“Yes, let’s call it a revival.” Chaeyoung said and sensing it was something too personal, Mina let's her guard down for a sweet moments by saying the word she forbids herself to say from the time they stepped out the restaurant. “I am so sorry but I am still hoping for another chance Chaeyoung. Hoping and at the same time, wanting everything about us ends formally.”

She sighed and finding herself brave enough to take baby steps near the younger girl “What I did last time is unforgivable, Son Chaeyoung. I know it’ll be crazy to expect for another chance so let’s break it up here and set everyone free. Let’s get back being professional.”

“Are you crazy?” Chaeyoung asked.

“What?”

“Because I am.” she said. “Just like you, I missed you more than I admit.” this time, like seriously, Mina find no point of holding her tears back. Chaeyoung just let her be. The horizon gave her sense of serenity. She savoured the feeling, and capture perfectly the gay of nature and grandeur of the scenery.

“I thought you became an astronaut.” Mina said which made Chaeyoung confused.

“Pardon?”

“You asked for space so I think you became astronaut in a year. Second you asked for break—Why the heck did you write that on binary code?! I am not as smart as you think! Because of that 001000 ing codes, I studied college! Because of your letter I am a business woman now, you still have audacity to ask me to take my professionalism away while talking to you?!”

Chaeyoung didn’t expect this to be as adorable as this. Mina is crying in her outburst and this is a serious conversation but due to the displayed cuteness of whining Japanese, she can’t help a smile. Of course, the fact that Mina admitted those college degree is because of that codes moved her in a way that the flame of her love towards Mina starts to get wild inside her heart. Again. As always.

“I was so depressed and believe me, I don’t want you to understand it. I don’t want you to think that I ended up everything because of my hurt towards your deeds. Mina I am still in love with you, believe me.” Mina puts her hand and cover her face as she cries loudly like a child. Chaeyoung takes the hand that is covering the Japanese face but Mina’s being stubborn by having it still.

“Don’t make me remove it. My mascara is gone!! I’m a mess!”

“Just give your hand to me.”

“I’m all covered!”

“I swear I will not laugh.”

“You have broke that promise many times than I care to count Son Chaeyoung!”

“Seriously Mina.”

“You don’t take me seriously!”

“Okay. I will have my eyes close and do me a favour. In my dashboard. Take my wallet and open it.” Mina cautiously removed her hands on her face. In the crevices of her fingers, she peeks if Chaeyoung really closed her eyes and the younger really did.

“What’s with your wallet?” Mina asked while fishing the brown wallet at the dashboard. There she found a silver ring that she once owned. It has their name on it in perfect italics.

“A surname changer.” Chaeyoung said before caging the woman by giving her a warm familiar back hug that Mina once called home. It still felt like that.

“Did you expect meeting me here?”

“Nope. I just have that sit in there every time so when I meet you and your finger is still up to it, I will be occupying it once more. I once owned it.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“I’m waiting for a no or yes... Well, expecting much for the second.” Chaeyoung said and they just shared the sweetest smile like they both wanting for centuries. It was you after all. I am all into you.