Remember Me || Michaeng

Untold Fairy tale

I got these fragments of memory with me.
days when I am with you,
I love it. I love to remember it
 
 
 
 
AUTHORS NOTE
Honestly, this chapter is already posted on my old account which i already abandoned. You can visit it anyway UN: TheGemini so clearly, it isn't plagiarism. I edited some part and checked the grammar although there still some grammar corrections in here. NEW READERS! Beware of one of a kind comedy Ahead! Enjoy.

Chaeyoung

 

Sea or water is the largest form of matter that occupies the world itself. The castle where Poseidon founded and created. It was far and widely inhabited by creatures that the humans haven’t yet discovered. Early in 15th century, some professionals have given a privileged to uncover the mystery that surrounds the world of sea. It was by means of nautical navigation.

Binocular dark colored telescope were being held near to her eyes just to make those far ways to be seen clearly yet, she haven’t seeing anything. She sighs and throws those said device. It was a week study. She has to prove that mermaids do exist. She needs to prove that it was a mermaid who saved her from near death into the sea. Mermaids are real and they’re actually very pretty creatures.

“Mina,” A grip on her shoulder makes her jolt in surprise by the suddenness. She fixed her white long sleeved shirt and dark top before facing the Sailorman who has weary face. “You should surrender those fantasies of yours. Mermaids can’t be real. Do you really believe in words of Aesop? This is ridiculous. We should go back in land. Storm will be here anytime soon.”

“Father, the elites gave me week permission for this study. You know how long I’ve waited to this opportunity. I’m more glad to use the blessings of the Emperor and Empress to the fullest.” She replied determined by the thing she wants. Even she’s the only daughter of the Prince, her request of Sea navigation lined into the queued of the pending laws, bills, land lord’s matter and so on. She waited this for so long. As a professional who study more of human life and existence, Myoui Mina can’t be more wrong about it. There’s a real human lives in the largest world of water. She have encountered one once—once that is enough for her to ask permission to the royals to conduct this expensive trip on the water.

“But we only have a day left. There isn’t any progress. This is expensive useless things to do.” The old man covered with thick beard on his face said but she is still determined with it.

“I won’t. I can send you off back to the palace, father. I’m finishing it.” She answered. He can’t explain that determination on the woman’s eye before him. She was a woman of his flesh but he never had been this determined his whole life.

“I’m afraid that if you come back to the kingdom empty handed, you will be responsible in all of the effort that the Emperor do for this study,”

“T-Trust me.” Even she herself wasn’t so sure about the matter, those comforting lines are the one will surely calm all her father’s worry. The old man cough a little making Mina worry about his health. “Father,”

“I’m all fine. I just need ample rest.”

“Can you travel back to the palace? I’m afraid that you haven’t seen professionals for many days because of me.”

“Just walk me back to my deck and I’ll be fine,”

 

—•♥•—

“Chaeyoung let’s go,” a beautiful lady with a radiant pale skin tag the other marine entity who shares the same beauty with her. Begging for the other woman to just leave the place they’re in. For them, world outside the water’s reach is the most dangerous place to be. The existence of pirates makes them hide themselves in the world they shared with humans. Pirates are rude. They tend to kill every living creature under water. It was unfair that they own explosives and other harmful things that can make creature like them die without fighting for themselves. “They are pirates.” The woman said.

With the glisten of her eyes, Chaeyoung didn’t leave the huge dark wave of water they’re in for she was busy looking at the beauty above the sea. Ever since young, Chaeyoung loves seeing ships and sailors. They have shining things with them that is called as swords and riffles. Everything that is shiny and glistening is the mermaid’s collection. They tend to steal spoon and forks to them also those shining silver and golds so they can stare at it underwater.

“But look at their skins. They’re so shiny!” Chaeyoung points into the glittering sequins of the Elite inside the boat.

“That’s what they called clothes Chaeyoung. They use such things to cover their bodies,”

“Why would they? Wave signals can’t be felt with those.”

“Their world is far different from us. Let’s go now.” The other mermaid said but this younger one is too curious with the thing that shines on his skin. She swam near to the huge ship without giving signal to the older mermaid. “Chaeyoung!” Having no choice, she just followed the girl near the large ship.

“Can you travel back to the palace? I’m afraid that you haven’t seen professionals for many days because of me.” She heard a feminine voice above the huge sea vehicles. It gets her more excited because she is sure that the place got more shining skin that is called clothes. She can take them so she will give it to her Mom.

“Just walk me back to my deck and I’ll be fine,” the other human replied. But this ship is currently in the middle of vast sea. She can’t sneak inside it.

“What are you planning to do?” The other mermaid asks. Chaeyoung smiled to her.

“What if we politely ask for it? I know they can spare us some of those shiny things.”

“That’s crazy Chaeyoung! They’re pirates! They will kill us!!”

“I know they aren’t. She’s too pretty to be a pirate.” Chaeyoung said and shift her eyes to the lady carrying the old shining man inside the place they known as ship caves.

“They are entering the caves now. No shining things here. We should be leaving,”

“Jihyo please,” Chaeyoung pleads and just stayed at her place looking up to the huge ship.

“Stay here if you want. I’ll get myself fresh seaweeds.” Jihyo said and dive under water leaving the curious mermaid alone, adoring those shiny skins. She waited for more minutes before she spotted the same girl with a white shining silk clothes—it gets her more excited. She flips and wags her tails under water so the pirate will notice her presence in there.

When their eyes met, she saw no shock in the pirate. She smiled and justified her own conclusion that ‘she’s too pretty to be a pirate’

“Y-You’re real.” The girl stuttered but Chaeyoung didn’t understand it. She can’t understand the way of human’s language.

“Can i have your shining skin?” Chaeyoung asks. Mina in the other hand is still on shock seeing the creature that she almost gives up studying. But the only thing that she can’t show is fear or shock. That entity can detect negative emotions from you and you might scare them with your fear and shock—but, she is sure that the mermaid is saying something.

“Th-They have own language,” she stutters. The study aims to list down the characteristics of that marine entity but all she can see is... a beauty.

How? How to stop herself from looking? How can she note those characteristics if she is too far away from her?

Right.

Mina took off her dark top leaving only sleeved silk shirt before climbing up the sidelines. She hesitated. It was water. Dark water. The thing that once takes her breath away for almost 20minutes. After that day, she learns hating dark waters.

But this is for the sake of the study. She has no time dealing with fears and doubts.

She squeezed her eyes close and bravely jumps on the water surprising the water mermaid in her act. “OH!” Her arrival in the world of Poseidon created a loud spluk sounds and it wasn’t graceful to hear for the mermaid. Especially when she can sense slight fear in the pirate with shining skin.

She knows humans can’t breathe underwater so she expects the Girl Pirate to be up in a minute but no. “Can she live underwater too?” Out of curiosity, she swam in the fast speed to see that the human is going deeper and deeper into the sea. “Amazing!” She followed the body with enthusiasm. Until Jihyo saw her playing with the unconscious pirate.

“CHAEYOUNG!”

 

—•♥•—


With a blurry vision, Mina blinks her eyes twice and sees the two shadow figure before her. When she got a clear vision of it, a bubbly smile welcomed her consciousness back to the real world. “Hi pirate!” A clear young voice speaking the word she can’t decipher.

“M-Mermaid... MERMAID!” She sprung up seeing two of the beautiful mermaid before her. She crawls backwards making a visible distance between them.

“She’s fine now, Chaeyoung. Let’s go back home,” Jihyo said and started dragging her body to the shore up to the water.

“But i haven’t taken the shining skin, Jihyo,”

“Wait up.” Mina felt so unlucky that she hasn’t brought any tools to prove that mermaid do exists. But then, she need to list down their characteristics. Slippery skin, only tails with scales and uses strange language.

“Can i have your shining skin?” the mermaid asked who sounds like qhwvsgardwtatffabwvgsjajvwh for Mina.

“W-what is your name? Do you have name?” Mina asked hoping that they eventually understands each other.

“I don’t understand you. I’m asking if I can have the shining skin.”

“Chaeyoung this is useless,” Jihyo forced the mermaid to be with her in the water. Seeing no sense of having conversation with the pirate, Chaeyoung just let Jihyo dominate the tag of war. She frowned and about to swim under the water with Jihyo when... “Hey wait!” Mina called that got Chaeyoung’s attention in instant. Her eyes widened when a strange feeling of soft lips crushed into hers. She also felt her hand being forcedly opened by the pirate placing two pieces of round shining things.

“I will study hard to know your language. Wait up and let’s meet sooner. Thank you for saving me.”

Even though she can’t understand what this human wants, she stared directly into her eyes like the pirate did. She stayed rooted in her place with the feeling of the lips still lingered in hers.

What is that?
What did this human just do?
Why is she feeling very strange?
What kind of fishy emotions is this?
Who can answer her questions?

“Mermaid. What bothers you?” Mina asked and smiled.

This major turnover in her is strange. Very strange. “Chaeyoung!” Jihyo called. She finally snaps out in realization and drag herself out of the sea shore. She looks at her palm and see two shining round tiny thing—buttons.

 

—•♥•—


Spoon, fork, broken mirrors and lot of trashes under water that has shining characteristics were everywhere in the mermaid’s place but this two specific small round things were tightly tied in the wall rock making it the center of attraction in the place, pasting with tight weeds and mosses to stop the wave from destroying it. Chaeyoung can’t help but to stare into it. For almost 6hours from the time she get those, she remember three seconds of parting time only but after that, she is into it.

“Those are called buttons,” another mermaid came. Chaeyoung smiled, still her eyes on the things. “I saw it in her shining skin but she gladly gave them to me after doing secular tradition.” Chaeyoung smiled remembering.

“Secular tradition?”

“The part of her body she usually uses to speak, she put it in mine. I don’t know why of all of the secular things, that’s my favourite.” Chaeyoung shyly admitted feeling the strange happy sensation she remember when she had those pair of lips in hers.

“You had your first kiss?!”

“First kiss?” Chaeyoung asked. “What is that, Nayeon?”

Observing her left and right, Nayeon brings the younger mermaid away from the other fishes. “That’s the sweetest thing that human invented!” The girl said.

“How can you say so? And why does it feel strange and weird and crazy and nervous at the same time?”

“I can’t be wrong with this! You’re in love with the pirate!” Nayeon cheered. Chaeyoung furrowed her brows in confusion. She knows love. She knows how it feels. But she didn’t feel fascinated. She didn’t feel attracted, or even she didn’t feel anything but... strange. Nervous.

“No it wasn’t love,” she countered making Nayeon pout.

“I know someone who can answer those and prove that you’re really in love Chaeyoung,” Nayeon said following by some smirk and playful giggles.

“Who?”

“Merman Jinyoung,”

Merman Jinyoung lives in the deepest sea where the lord Poseidon restricts the access for every marine entity to pass. He is considered as the witch for knowing everything in the sea and also in the human surfaces. He also formulates the antidote that can kill a mermaid races in just few drops. He is dangerous. Chaeyoung shakes her head and just forget about the thing that Nayeon said.

“We can’t be in the deep.” Chaeyoung said. “And it wasn’t that important to discover whether I’m in love or not. I’m sure about myself that I’m not.”

“Ow really? It’s all up to you, little fish.” Nayeon teased. “By the way, can you come with me in the shore? I want to gather little shell friends! I’m fascinated with them.” Chaeyoung sighs and nods.

 

—•♥•—


Reaching the sea shore, Chaeyoung and Nayeon starts collecting various sea shells. Nayeon can’t help herself but to make unnecessary noise of amazement. “These are so pretty!”

“Buttons are lot prettier,” Chaeyoung countered and smiled like she’s being possed with bad spirit again.

“Stop being biased with human things. These are our nature’s property!”

“But i liked seeing—” Chaeyoung stopped when another strong voice cuts her. “Who’s there?!”

“That’s a human!!” Nayeon panics and drag the young mermaid with her in the sea. They swum away from the shore and hide in the waves looking from afar.

Chaeyoung’s breathing halted for mere seconds and her smile gradually drawn in her face. “Pirate!” She called in glee and showed herself.

“Chaeyoung no!!”

“M-Mermaid?” Mina smiled seeing the familiar mermaid from yesterday. She’s smiling brightly and that lightened up the mood of the lone island she’s in. The mermaid is having hard time dragging her body in the shore so she runs for help. She carried the small frame of the mermaid and helps her seat in the huge piece of rock in all care. She has to do it gently so it won’t hurt the girl in anyway.

Chaeyoung felt a sudden rush of blood up to her face. She just wrap her arms around the Pirate’s neck assurance of her safety and let the human help her sit in the rock. “How are you?” Mina asked with a smile.

“Why are you still here?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Can you help me get to my ship?”

“You are both asking like crazy. You can’t understand both languages,” Nayeon said interrupting the two. The pirate and little mermaid was surprised hearing the other since they both can understand the older mermaid.

“I can understand you,” Mina said in amazement seeing another mermaid in the shore.

“You of course can,” Nayeon cockily said.

“H-How?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Well... uh... just promise me one thing Chaeyoung.” Nayeon lowered her voice. Sensing bit privacy between those mermaids, Mina stood “Should I leave you two?”

“Please,” Nayeon said. Mina bowed and walks away from the two.

“Chaeyoung I kinda visited Merman Jinyoung once and...” Nayeon prolonged making Chaeyoung pissed on how she's making it ladder.

“He teaches you?”

“Uh... Maybe.”

“Stop with the catches. I hate ladder!” Chaeyoung impatiently said.

“Okay... I used his potion.” With that, Chaeyoung covers her lips. “How are you not dead?!” innocently, she asked.

“It’s not true that Merman Jinyoung kills mermaids... He actually helps me to be with someone I like.”

“How is that?”

“By giving me feet,”

 

—•♥•—


“Hey pirate!” Mina stops playing white sands when she hears Nayeon. “Mermaid,”

“Call me Nayeon. And the one here is Chaeyoung,”

“Ow. So Chaeyoung is the name.” Mina shifted her eyes into the other mermaid who seems to be not in her own mind. Bothered about something? She doesn’t know but it got her concern a bit. She felt concerned about what bothers the young mermaid.

“So, what’s up?” Nayeon ask.

“Uh. Yeah. I’ve been trapped with this island since yesterday when Chaeyoung saved me. I lost my ship and i want to be back with father.”

“Is that all?”

“And...” Mina “I want to know if i still have chance to see both of you after this,” awkwardly, Mina said.

“Chaeyoung, especially?” Nayeon teased making the human blushed. “I know it. But I can’t sure a yes for this but possibly,”

“So there’s chance?”

“I might say. Its depends on Chaeyoung. What is bound to happen is the fruit of her decision, Mina-ssi.”

“I’ll bargain with 1 percent,”

“You can have 40,”

“God that’s a huge percentage.” Mina smiled and gets excited for what to come.

“Do you by any chance like Chaeyoung?” Mina throws her gaze away being embarrassed by the sudden question throwed. She didn’t answer.

“This is dangerous. I guess I’ll lessen the percentage in 10. I won’t let Chaeyoung meet you without assurance of something,”

“Assurance of something?” Mina asked. Nayeon heave a sigh and didn’t reply with the word. She shifts her eyes on Chaeyoung that is now looking at both of them without idea what is going in between them.

“I’ll get you in the ship so we can get back with our own place.”

“Th-Thank you.”

 

—•♥•—

“I don’t see reasons why would i sacrifice myself because of ephemeral feelings—”

“Ephemeral feelings that kills you from every now and then.” Nayeon cuts. “It’s been a week and you’re still lurking around the area where we last saw her and so those buttons. If they can be dissolve in a day of stare, they were disintegrated by now,”

“I-It’s not. You know that it’s natural that mermaids like shiny things,” Chaeyoung blushed.

“But i see this golden crown much catchy. However, those shines from the buttons were definitely different from this,” she teased showing the crown into Chaeyoung. Feeling satisfied that she made the younger blush, Nayeon swiftly swum from Chaeyoung’s left to right. “See? Blood rush!”

Chaeyoung bit her lower lip and prevent herself from uttering any reply since she knows that if she did, she might spill her slight desire to see the pirate again. The woman who owned the name Mina. The known young master and a daughter of the Prince.

“Don’t think that I’m forcing you to be with her, Chaeyoung. I just want you to be brave on chasing happiness so you won’t regret them at the time you came in year 18,” Nayeon frowned. Chaeyoung pats the older mermaid in her back. They both know that year 18 is the age where they need to settle and have their own family with a rightful merman. It was fated to happen. It is necessary to make the race grow and won’t be erased in the world. 

Like Nayeon. Tomorrow morning is the ceremony where she will meet the merman who she can share her forever with. Although everyone knows that Nayeon is in love with some other race outside the Sea world.

“Don’t make me feel guilty because it’s not supposed to be here in me.” Chaeyoung tried to cheer the other mermaid up but all can Nayeon do is to crack a smile.

“I’m just saying Chaeyoung, being in love is the most precious thing to do.” Nayeon said in her dreamy state.

“I’m not even sure if this is what you call love. I just love shiny things. Rather than that, I’m living my life without feeling that word.”

“Love is shine.”

“Yeah.”

“You’re not sure right? You can find out the surreal thing while chasing the shine.” Nayeon said pointing above them where the sun rays strike directly in their colony.


Mina

 

Having no knowledge about human world, Chaeyoung struggle controlling her newest body part. It makes her wants to swim herself back to the place where she belong but when she tried doing, it won’t take three minutes for her lungs to work under water. She needs too much air and everything is so foreign. Even her bare body had contact with the green land felt so foreign.

Everything felt so foreign.

She sits on the ground and touches the tail that is now divided into two and called feet. “Give me courage to face the new life you gave, Poseidon,” she prayed. 

She played on the five tiny fingers on her feet and it’s funny how they can dance according her will. It makes her smile.

But then, these feet didn’t just give her little fingers. There’s also a thighs, knees, shin and... Female part. Being a curious fish she is, she parted her both legs and wonders why there’s an opening in between. “Oh I shouldn’t have waste my time thinking about this opening.” She said and uses her hand to practice standing alone. Even it’s hard, she should try living the way human does.

Living the way human does.

Well, those words are easy to think and say but things got hard and complicated when it was being done.

For almost a months of staying and living like a human, Chaeyoung felt like she was lucky that she is born as a mermaid. In the sea, she don’t experience hunger, stressed, exhausted, frustrated about something and any foreign emotions that she didn’t wish to dwell with. Just bit luck when a woman find her and hopeless and keep her like her real daughter.

“Chaeyoung, don’t eat too much corn, it’ll spoil your appetite,” the old lady came taking the bowl of boiled golden corn from her hands. Chaeyoung sighs and just stare at the innocent food in her foster mother’s grip. “You’re in a deep,”

“I want to find some sense,” Chaeyoung said. She can’t be wasting another time seating in here without doing anything to accomplish the job that merman Jinyoung wants her to do.

It wasn’t like she’s taking it as responsibility but, she felt pressured finding the Pirate in the huge earth like this. It seems impossible. There is a thing that called faith but it was done when she was really meant for you. But... what if not? What if this is entirely misunderstanding? Ephemeral feelings are always wrong. Why’d she make all these things happen anyway?

“You know I can do the entire chores youngster. I just want you to play your part as my daughter.” The old lady said and smiled at her.

“Kahi,” Chaeyoung called with her eyes full of questions and mystery. The older girl always find the newest family member weird although she had set to her mind that Chaeyoung is just curious. “What if Mina and I is not fated with each other? What if it was all lie? I only have 100days yet, I already spent two months with you. Did I just waste my life being a human?” Chaeyoung breathed followed by a small pout on her lips.

The girl has this weird creative imagination. It makes the old woman Kahi, smile at herself. From the very first time she saw Chaeyoung, the girl is always saying that she’s a mermaid and she needs to find the pirate named Mina—it was all because her imagination is wonderful for youths. Kahi again pats her shoulder. “It seems that you’re seeing the world much beautiful than we do.” She said.

“Uh?” Chaeyoung asks but Kahi just smiled at her.

“Nothing,” Kahi said before leaving Chaeyoung alone at the dining table. 

The mermaid is now hopeless. She just wasted everything.

She looks at the necklace that adorns at her chest. The silver colored shell emblem that symbolizes her connection to the ocean. This necklace also is the reason why she has feet. She is just allowed to take the necklace off her body when she’s in the shore. Mermaid can breathe in the land, but not as long as human does. 

 

—•♥•—

 


“The moment you accept this potion, it will be the same moment that everyone will forget about your existence. Even in the world under the sea,” Merman Jinyoung said after handing Chaeyoung a little glass bottle that contains dark liquid that looks very poisonous. The mermaid can’t help but to gulp in nervousness. Add the fact that Jinyoung’s characteristics are not the usual mermans she used to see every day. Witch. Maybe this is the reason why he is called witch.

“B-But Nayeon still known by everyone and she’s still being a mermaid herself.” Chaeyoung bravely said.

“The potion will only give you feet and knowledge about living as a real human. But this necklace will help you maintain having feet in the land. If you remove this to your body, you’ll gain your tail back and also, you’ll find it difficult to breathe in human world for long time—For short, you’ll die,” the merman said and swum his way near Chaeyoung. “In Nayeon’s case, she completed her mission in her given time. She makes the person she loves to reciprocate the feelings. The reason why she is still in this world is for her to answer. Ask her,” with this, Chaeyoung breathed and looks at the potion in her hand.

“Mission you said?” She asks the witch.

“Make the person you love reciprocate the feelings,” Merman Jinyoung answered and it makes Chaeyoung felt uncomfortable. 

“W-what if it didn’t turn out like that?” She asked. Merman Jinyoung showed her a little bottle.

“Your soul will be inside the bottle of the potion you drink. There’s no way you can survive the faith,”

 

 

—•♥•—


“Where are you going, Chaeyoung?” Kahi ask when she saw the young girl wearing the huge flock coat together with the bag that she keeps on bringing every time she’s hanging out with the traders.

“I’ll be meeting someone,”

“Be home before the sun set. It’ll be dangerous to walk around the city in the dark.” Kahi said and worriedly walk beside the lady.

“I will.” Chaeyoung replied. “Don’t wait for me. Eat your dinner and after that, sleep without me... mother.” She said and for the very first time, Kahi heard the girl call her that. She smiled and just let Chaeyoung cover her head with the coat and walks out of the house alone.

 

—•♥•—


“Nayeon. Are you here?” Chaeyoung ask the moment she reaches the shore. She’s bringing the torch that has little fire at the top. Enough to cast a light for her eyes to see. It was already night when she reach the shore. She just broke a promise she made to her Mother.

Her torch suddenly burns out causing her to panic and just throw the object at the water where it can’t destroy any. Now, Chaeyoung looks up on the sky, hoping that the moon appears and give her light. But it seems impossible. There are no stars either.

“Chaeyoung!” The voice got her jumping in surprise. But then, she realize that it was own by Nayeon.

“Nayeon?” She called and runs near the water.

“You should call me Nayeon Unnie! You’re living as a human now.” The mermaid replied. Finally, Chaeyoung found her in the back of the huge stone. “How’re you?” Nayeon asks.

“I think I’ll lose it. I haven’t met her ever since I’m here.” Chaeyoung replied followed by a deep breath.

“You can’t just give up. I made it. I’m sure you can do it too.” Nayeon cheered her up.

Chaeyoung turns her head into the older mermaid and it was the time that their gazes meet. “You made it, but why are you still a mermaid? Why did you tie yourself into a merman you barely knew?” Chaeyoung asks. This time, Nayeon heave a heavy sigh.
 
“Yoo Jeongyeon loves me. The same way I do. And because I love her, I don’t want her life to be ruined by me. I sneak out her life at the night she asks me to run away with her.”

“Why?!”

“If she did live with me, their country will suffer by the wrath of their neighbor country which the son is fixed to be Jeongyeon’s future partner.” Nayeon said with a weak smile. The memory of her human days comes fresh to remember. “I chose not to be selfish. I will be sad but I know I saved not just her life, but the life of her country. To love is to sacrifice.” She said. When she looks back at Chaeyoung, it was just nodding her head. “The only mission is to make her love you back. As long as she loves you, you will stay alive.” She added. “I’m still here because Jeongyeon never stops loving me. I do too.”

“I’m afraid that I can’t do same.” Chaeyoung said.

“I told you, you can do it.” Nayeon said and grab both of Chaeyoung’s hands. “Why don’t you calm your mind and join me swim?” This was the time that Chaeyoung found herself smiling. She nods and mirrors Nayeon’s bubbliness.

With her clothes and necklace on the stone, Chaeyoung hugs her own bluish tails that she missed on having for almost a month and two.  ”I missed the water, I missed everyone!”

“But don’t expect them to remember you Chaeyoung. No one beside me can remember you.” Nayeon warned her.

“Yeah. I’m aware. Merman Jinyoung told me so.”

“I just can remember you because I already passed in that stage. All we need to do now is to find calmness by enjoying ourselves playing with the waves.”

“Yes Unnie.” The two mermaids starts swimming under the waves even it was strangely tall then usual days. They found themselves enjoying the night with the huge fishes; waves and other little friends that join them win their plays.

“Unnie, let’s go in the deep! I missed mom. I want to see her!” Chaeyoung said in glee but Nayeon swum in front of her stopping her to do her action.

“NO! You can’t go back here without finishing your mission, Chaeyoung! If you did, the water will suddenly feel extra hot. It will kill you!”

The attention of the two suddenly shifted above the sea when the deafening thunder bolt doomed in the area piercing their ear in a process. “Storm!” Nayeon said. “You can’t be here for too long, Chaeyoung! The wave current is not easy to play with during storms!”

“But it starts getting out of control!” Chaeyoung said looking up to the waves that start to dance wildly.

“Hold my hand. Don’t let your grip loosen. I’ll make you reach the shore safe!” Nayeon said with full of determination. Chaeyoung just nod even though it will take a moment before she got the courage to face the raging waves of the sea. Her nervousness that also brings her hand loosens the strength that it has. “CHAEYOUNG!!!”

“NAYEON UNNIEEEE!”

 

—•♥•—


“Horses aren’t that dangerous. I won’t be gone for too long.” Mina coldly said to the land keeper. The old man bowed his head and just let the young mistress came jumping in the golden brown horse he previously pets. It was the only thing that Mina do in releasing stress from weeklong studies, plus the fact that the Emperor her Uncle, is now replaced by the princess and her husband by means of backlash. Money and authority can really break boundaries. You can do horrible things even in relatives and this is completely crazy. Everything happens while they’re gone in an expedition. Now, even her slight movement is being watched by those guards send by new Emperor and Empress to watch over her.

Everything is stressing her out.

The previous nautical Navigation went in vain after gathering no information about the living human-like creatures under water. She shouldn’t have believed it at first. It’s impossible that there are such human creatures that can breathe under water. She studies life and human existence. How can she get easily affected by those fables made by the poet who has wildest imagination ever. The expensive trip is now being investigated by the new officials of the palace and it adds into her bunch of lined problems.

She just let the horse walk her wherever the animal wants. Only Mina did is to breathe and sigh and think and bother herself with everything in the world. Is it a call for quit? She should. She won’t waste another time looking for impossible things to happen.

She pulled on the whip hardly to stop the huge animal from taking advance when she spotted a white woman lying lifeless in the forest near the sea she’s in. She jumps down on the horse and furrowed her brows when the girl is actually seen . Lucky that she have her back on the world and this place is rarely visited by the majority. She took off her long leather top and covers the girl’s slim frame. “Lady, wake up!”

She shakes on the small frame and turns the woman around. She halted when the white serene face got her three seconds stop. Even she got her lower lip wounded and the cheeks got few scratch and bruises, the beauty that lies within captured her eyes for the very first time. She stared into it for mere moments before carrying the girl up to the horse.

 

—•♥•—


“Who is she?” The former prince, her Father asks. She didn’t reply even slight hum or breathe. She just can’t take her eyes off the woman. “What’d you do? Why is she ?” With that, Mina’s face color gradually changes. She faces her father and eagerly shakes her head.

“I didn’t do anything! I just see her lifeless in the road, believe me my father!” Mina said.

“Have the professionals checked her?”

“Nope. But Mother did. She said she just got few scratch from the grasses and nothing is more serious than that,” Mina replied. The man walked nearby and looks at the face of the woman.

“Isn’t she a princess from the neighborhood?”

“We won’t know unless she wakes up and brand herself,” Mina said. The Prince sighs and walks nearby double doors.

“Mina. The empress called a tribunal meeting that concerns the previous Expedition we do. I bet they’ll blame all the Political problems into us because of that since we do made the expensive trip in vain. We didn’t prove the study.”

“It was all my fault father.” the father just smiled and pats the young mistress at her shoulder.
    
“It’s not everyone’s fault. Spending moneys for the study of the country’s scholars is the Government’s responsibility. We just need to face some consequences.”

“Like what? Being thrown in the lone island and remove our authority?” Mina said. “Father, that’s the new Empress want! She wants us down!”

“I don’t care Mina. I can give up my position and everything into her as long as she won’t hurt you and your mother.” her father said. “Follow me afterwards. The Empress wants a talk. Just fix everything about your new friend.” with that, the Prince just smiles and leaves the mistress alone. Mina sighs and seats down on the edge of the bed, thinking of the possibilities that the tribunal meeting will do to them. She can’t help but to sigh and blame herself a million times.

She turns her head when she felt the woman in the bed slightly move her body. She got up and makes a huge space for the lady. Slowly but magically, Mina watches as the stranger opens her eyes. A smile drawn on her lips automatically.

“H..Hi...uh..,” she greeted awkwardly. The stranger remains unmoved but its eyes were boring in her directly. It makes her bit uncomfortable. “I’m—”

“Mina.” even the voice of the lady seems deep and crack, Mina still find it beautiful.

“H-How’d you know me?” she asks. And like a spring, the stranger came up the bed holding on the necklace she has.

“Nayeon unnie!!”

“Nayeon?” Mina asks. Being slightly familiar with the name, she tilts her head. “Who is Nayeon?” but the lady just goes under the duvet as if she’s checking something under the sheet. “Lady, what are you—”

“Nayeon unnie saved me! She gave me feet! I need to find her Mina!”

“Wait! Can you calm down?!” Mina cuts the girl by holding both of its shoulder. Chaeyoung got surprised by the sudden intimacy. She can’t help but to look at the hands on her shoulder. “Uh-Oh. Sorry,” Mina then retreats her hands off Chaeyoung.

Silence flared between them. Also awkwardness is present. They don’t even trust themselves who to break the silence first. But then, Mina cleared and moves distance from the stranger.

“How are you? Are you feeling pained or anything?” She asks.

“Perfectly fine. Thank you.” Chaeyoung replied.

“Let me ask first. How did you know my name?” this makes Chaeyoung’s tongue tied. She just can’t say that she’s the mermaid that she promised to meet soon. She’s the mermaid that once saved her life right? She can’t be careless in picking up words to say. This world are not for mermaids so it’ll be dangerous tell like what she did on Kahi.

“Okay, if you feel uncomfortable answering my question, I’ll be out. Call me if you needed something.” Mina said and turns back facing the girl when she felt a sudden embrace from behind. 

“Stay.” Chaeyoung tighten the hug and buried her face in Mina’s back. “Can’t you remember me? Please remember me Mina.”

Her chest makes such a weird beating counts. It went faster like drum rolls during ceremonies that even she herself wishes that the lady in her back won’t hear such a weird heart beat sounds. The hug is so warm too. It gave her sense of summer. It’s strange. It was totally strange. Her body reaction in this sudden scene is very weird.

Bravely, she puts her hands in Chaeyoungs that is currently on her tummy. “La-Lady... uhm...” Chaeyoung loosened the hug and let Mina face her again. “I’m sorry,”

“Yeah. I’m sorry too.” Chaeyoung bowed her head low and didn’t trust herself to make single move. She just gasps when Mina takes her hands again and lift it up in her lips.

“But I feel honored to be known by someone like you. Can I ask your name?”

Chaeyoung smiled and lifted her face up. Mina adores that happiest smile she has ever seen. The way her eye glitters and a slight natural indentation in the surface of her cheeks that seems to be her parent’s greatest masterpiece makes her heart flutters a bit. “Chaeyoung,” the lady said making her smile went wide.

It’s funny how those emotions were showing right now in front of someone she barely knew.

“Princess,” a huge manly voice at her back makes both of them looks at the door that suddenly flung open. Mina stiffened at the sight of the Prime Minister at her door. “Having time dealing with your quean when you know that the Emperor is waiting? Such a disrespectful act of a royal,”

“I’m entitled for privacy, Prime minister. I will appreciate your kindness if you had mind leaving us for a moment,” Mina said with all the attitude. They don’t have to pretend that they got along with each other. They live in different perspectives so from the very start, Mina hates dealing with him. Even her Emperor or the other Elites.

“I’m anticipating the later events when I am not looking up at your position anymore, Princess.” The Prime Minister said before his leave. If there’s someone who will be pleased if Mina loses the tittle as Elite, it was him. She sighs for almost nth times today. Chaeyoung got herself broken watching Mina in this dark down emotion. She hates it. She walks near her pirate and put her hands on its arms.

“I can tell that you are in bad conditions,” Chaeyoung said.

“Uh yeah. Because of my illusive dream,” Mina said flashing a forced smile to her. “I’ll be out for a moment. I’ll tell everyone to prepare you food. I’ll be back before the night came.”

“I pray for the better.”

“Thank you, Chaeyoung ssi.”

 

—•♥•—


“Mermaid. You do believe in Mermaids?” The empress sarcastically said while wiping her lips in a moment. “That’s why you take all the golds from the nation for your useless study?” Mina didn’t speak. She just put her head down not meeting everyone’s eyes. Not even her fathers.

“Not because you’re a niece of the late Emperor, you can make use of the wealth dealing with your illusive dreams and studies!”

“I haven’t seen any, but the studies are for the country and sovereign. You can’t just accuse me using money senseless. I’m a scholar.” Mina said. The empress just clasps both her hands and looks at her.

“I am still being good to you for not killing you and your useless Prince Father. I’ll make sure of next time that you’ll be gone in my territory.”

“The territory that you acquired by fist before laws,” with that, the empress splash the water in her face. Mina still unmoved in her place. All the elites and minister won’t be more surprised. From the time Mina bravely faced the Empress makes the day unbelievable so this scene they’re currently witnessing.

“One more month. Show me a mermaid so you’ll earn your position as the Princess of the country back. If you didn’t, the hallway will prepare a killing ceremony for your father, and you,” the empress said. Mina lifts her head up at the mention of her father. She just can’t put him here.

“Yah!” she exclaimed but the guards stars to collect her.

“I lost my appetite. Throw this fail mistress back at her home!” The empress exclaimed.

 

—•♥•—


Mina flips on the pages of the book she’s reading but she obviously got absolutely nothing into it. Her mind is preoccupied by the word that the Empress said.

One month.
    
Finding the creatures that didn’t exist. 

Her father. Her beloved father. She surprised herself when she found her hand already crumpling the pages of the books on the table while her eyes is releasing the salty hot liquid that she haven’t seen for so long.

She throws the book hardly in the corner. Even the innocent line of learning materials looks like a real enemy to her. She smashes her hands and wipes away the books on her table.

Loud thuds are heard outside and it makes Chaeyoung’s ear perks up. “Is that on Mina’s room?” the mother asks who is currently busying herself in brushing Chaeyoung’s long dark locks. The Prince brings down her tea and stood.

“That’s Mina.” the three of them hurried and open Mina’s door to see everything in mess while the Princess is crying her heart out in the desk.

Even she doesn’t know what’s the problem, Chaeyoung can’t help herself but to feel pained seeing Mina like this. The father is the one who runs first and goes behind the mistress. “Mina,” he brushes his hands up and down to calm his daughter but Mina couldn’t care less.

“Leave me alone, please.” Mina said.

The Prince and Princess did. Worriedly, they steps outside their daughter’s room leaving Chaeyoung staring from afar.

She didn’t dare to speak or move. She just watches as her Pirate is being broken into pieces while crying her heart out.

She took the tiny things in her dress’ pocket. The two round shining things.

She walks near to the Pirate and sat across its place. Putting down the two buttons on the table, she pushed the latter away from her until it touched Mina’s arms.

The Princess got up feeling the touch of something in her arms. She wipes all her tears out when she sees Chaeyoung parallel to her. “Wh-What are you doing here?” she asks.

Chaeyoung smiled a bit and looks at two shining buttons. Mina followed her eye direction and spotted the two familiar buttons that her Mom sewed on her navigating clothes. It was gone a long time ago. “What—”

“Someone gave that to me.” Chaeyoung cuts. “Isn’t it shiny? Whenever I’m lonely, I used to look at those buttons. It helps me lessen the fishy burden I have. Why don’t you try?”

Childish. How childish.

Mina can’t help but to chuckle on how childish Chaeyoung can be. Even her eyes were red, cheeks are puffy, Mina manages to crack a chuckle and that was because of Chaeyoung. She takes the two buttons in the table and puts it in her hands.

“Just look at it. Twinkle Twinkle.”

Mina laughs. Loudly.

“Y-Yah. When I’m looking at the button, I never laugh. Did you gone mad?” Chaeyoung innocently asks. Mina just laughs at her place. “You’re scaring me!” Chaeyoung said.

The Prince her father, together with the mother smiled seeing the two inside the room. “I hope she can find comfort soon,”

 

—•♥•—


“Have you seen the mistress around?” Chaeyoung hears early in the morning as the mother asks the house personnel about Mina.

“The Mistress is still sleeping,”

“Thank you.”

Chaeyoung prepares the peaches and walks near the Princess. “Morning peaches, your Highness.” she said followed by a smile.

“Thank you Chaeyoung. Just put it on the table, I’ll visit Mina for a while.”

“Can I come with you?” she asks. The Princess nods her head twice.

Reaching Mina’s room, the two spotted the deadbeat mistress who is helplessly sleeping in unfeminine way. Chaeyoung can’t help but to chuckle, much in the mother’s embarrassment. “ACT LIKE A REAL MISTRESS YOU ARE!” the princess said in all authority causing Mina’s eyes gradually open. She knows when the Princess said this, she have done something unforgivable in the Elites etiquette. She sprung up on her bed and fixes herself up bowing 90degrees down to the Princess. Half alive, she did this because she doesn’t want her mother’s punishment anymore.

“Your Highness!” Mina greeted half alive. Chaeyoung can’t hold her laugh anymore. She accidentally let’s out some of her noise. The Princess rolled her eyes to Mina’s act.

“Fix yourself and follow me.”

“Yes your Highness!”

Mina finally rises up her head to see Chaeyoung laughing in the other side. Time for her to scan herself. Looking from head to toe, she looks like walking garbage. Really. “Yah! Don’t laugh!”

Chaeyoung straighten her stance “Ah yeah. Sorry,”

Mina walks near the girl “What did the Princess see?” she ask in low voice and scanning the area if the mother is still there.

“You were like this,” Chaeyoung then demonstrated Mina’s sleeping position with her lips widely open and a bit exaggerated.

“Yah! I don’t sleep like that!”

“If you just can see yourself, oh my Poseidon.” Chaeyoung said and laugh.

“YAH! I said don’t laugh!!”

“I can’t help!”

“Yah!” Mina grabs a cushion and aims for Chaeyoung but the lady had already run away from her. She tails Chaeyoung but the son of all unlucky creatures, they bump into the Prince.

“Mina! Chaeyoung! What is this?”

Both of them bowed and Mina realized that she made a real cage for herself.

 

—•♥•—


“I have decided about it. I was a faith we can’t avoid to happen,” Mina said and puts the apple up level to her chin.

“I don’t know what you are talking, actually.” Chaeyoung replied and put the easel on tilt.

“You don’t need to understand everything. I’ll enjoy this last month of me. When the day comes, I’ll run my father away and I’ll face the empress alone.” Mina said. Oblivious about what the pirate is talking about, Chaeyoung nods her head. “Brave~”

“Am i?”

“Yes you are.” Chaeyoung said. “How about you made this pose?” Chaeyoung ask making Mina hold the apple near to her lips.

“Like this?” The pirate did making Chaeyoung giggle at her posing. She starts drawing back to the canvass and amazingly captures Mina’s posing artistically.

“Put the apple much closer!” Chaeyoung said that Mina immediately did.

“Closer!” Chaeyoung said.

“Yah! Are you making fun of me now?!” Mina then walks near to Chaeyoung to look on her work. It was done. Perfectly. She can’t help but to be amazed at the girl’s art skills. “Whoaaaah. I half expected a stick people,”

“You’re underestimating me.”

“Not really, I just didn’t expect it to be this perfect,” Mina said and bends over to look at Chaeyoung’s art. Not her intention to make the mermaid bit uncomfortable because of the fine line gap between their faces. It makes Chaeyoung blush a bit but she didn’t make a move to prevent anything from happening. “Do you—” Mina was cut when she turn her head and realizes how close their faces now. She rose up in sudden.

“S-Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Chaeyoung said and takes the drawing. “You can have it.” she hand Mina the sketch with a smile that the latter immediately mirrored.

 

—•♥•—


You love her smile.
Your heart is beating abnormally when she’s talking.
You wanted to hear her voice every time.
Every touch is electrifying.

Everything that Nayeon said is happening to her right now that Mina is talking to her. She seldomly smiles, so she always anticipates the minute that she will see it. It was confirmed that it was love she’s feeling towards the pirate. Nayeon is right about it.

“Hey, are you still listening?” This got Chaeyoung snaps out in her place.

“Uh? Yeah I’m sorry,” she meekly smiled and scratches her hair.

“It seems like something is bothering you, Chaeyoung.” Mina said.

“It’s just... Your beauty got me distracted.” Chaeyoung said in all honesty. Mina is beyond surprised by the younger’s word. She saw herself losing a word to say. She shifts her attention back to the book she’s reading. Chaeyoung smiled seeing how red Mina’s ears and cheeks can be. She giggles and said... “You’re colorful.”

Mina clears a throat and got up from her position. “Let’s go back to my room now.”

“Okay~” Chaeyoung just happily followed the mistress out until they reach the palace’s front door, and spotted a commotion. “What’s that?” Chaeyoung asks.

“Let’s see?”

“Please!!” They both walk near the commotion and it gets Chaeyoung’s lips went parted.
    
“Help me!! It’s been two weeks since my daughter is gone! Help me find her!!” It was Kahi pleading the civil guards for favour. Mina saw Chaeyoung’s reaction seeing the woman.

“You know her?” Mina asks but Chaeyoung didn’t reply. She just runs into the crowd to be stopped by Mina by holding her wrist. “Chaeyoung it’s dangerous! They don’t know I’m here!”

“But Mina, she is my mother—”

“The Princess is here!”
“The Princess!”
“Bow all your heads and respect the presence of the Princess!” The guard announced causing everyone to kneel before her. Mina just mentally face palmed herself. She holds on Chaeyoung’s hand and walk in front of everyone. “What commotion is this?” she asks.

“We’ll jail this woman now your Highness. Sorry for all your concerns,” the chieftain politely bowed his head.

“Release her!” Mina’s words that makes everyone looks up to her. Especially Kahi. Unexpectedly, she found Chaeyoung beside the Princess. It was smiling into her although her eyes were expressing millions of sorries. Kahi didn’t care. Seeing her daughter safe is such a relief.

“But she is—”

“She is my mother.” Chaeyoung cuts the Chieftain.
    
“Release lady Chaeyoung’s mother!” the chieftain ordered making Mina, Chaeyoung and Kahi surprised. You can’t own the said tittle unless you were about to marry a royal or you are romantically connected with the royal. The palace guards maybe misinterpreted the way the two interacts with each other. Mina gulps and invisible lump on as she releases Chaeyoung’s hands. But none of them corrected the chieftain anyway.

Kahi runs into Chaeyoung and puts her hands on the daughter’s face. “You make me all worried Chaeyoung. I didn’t know you’re now living with the Elite. I’m glad your perfectly fine, my dear,”

“N-Not what you think but... yeah, I’m living with Mina.” Chaeyoung said. Kahi kneeled in front of the Princess making Mina caught off guard.

“Thank you, Princess.”

“Y-You don’t need to do that! Ch-Chaeyoung your mother!!” Mina tried to lift Kahi up and it just make Chaeyoung giggle at her place.

 

—•♥•—


Her Mother gave a space for Chaeyoung and her Mom. They reunite for too long. I mean, the whole day, Chaeyoung is in their place with her Mom. Mina was walking back and forth her study table but there’s still no wild Chaeyoung appearing. She missed her. So much. Like it wasn’t obviously regular feelings to feel with someone. Mina slams her thick book close because her mind is completely out of her study. She sighs and walks out her room to see lots of civil guard and it makes her stop taking another steps.

“Why do you all need to guard up my house? I can do it myself,” she said.

“It was an order from the empress. And to stop you from fleeing. Your father and your case is still being read again by the council.” The guards replied. Mina gripped on her fist tight to stop herself killing those guards. She breathed and just walks back inside their house. She still has two weeks.

The Empress is really as sly as fox. She can’t help but to throw everything out of her face again in anger.

“M-Mina?” with a low voice, Chaeyoung walks inside Mina’s room. The Pirate is just staring blankly at the window obviously looking from afar. “I’ll be in your door. Call me if you need something—”

“Chaeyoung ah.” Mina called stopping Chaeyoung from talking.

“Uh... yeah...?” in her surprise, Mina grab her wrist and pull her closer. She just found herself caged in the Pirate’s embrace. It takes a moment before she digests everything that is now happening. Slowly, she puts her arms at Mina’s back and pats the Pirate for comfort.

Kahi and the Princess stops walking when they saw the two inside the room in their current position. Chaeyoung was closing her eyes while smiling. Kahi felt sure about the fact that Chaeyoung is obviously happy with the Princess. “Let them be. Let us just wait here,” Princess, the mother said. Kahi bowed in response.

Mina lets go of the hug but put their temples connected with each other. At the moment, Chaeyoung just let the Pirate do what she thinks is the best for her. Even Mina’s face is slowly closing the little gap between them. Their cheeks were being touched by each others until she felt Mina’s hand is lifting her chin up. The moment she have her face risen, a soft moisted lips of the Pirate had contact with hers.

 

Of all the secular ritual that the human invented, this is my favourite.

She closed her eyes and got carried by the way Mina’s lips passionately dances against hers.

“Okay, I guess we shouldn’t be in here. Let’s just wait Mina in my room. Come on.” The Princess leave together with Kahi.

Cornering Chaeyoung in the wall like this while kissing its jaw is way far from what Mina planned. But she was in mere situation. She found her one arm linking on Chaeyoung’s waist while the others is taking advances inside the younger’s clothes. A gasp, silent cry and heavy breathing from Chaeyoung makes her realize that she’s going too far from it. Snapping out of compulsion, Mina takes her lips away from Chaeyoung’s jaw. Seeing the surprise and nervousness at the younger’s eyes makes Mina wants to kill herself right now. What the hell she just do?

“I-I’m sorr—” Mina steps backwards looking at how afraid Chaeyoung’s eyes now. “Chaeyoung I’m sorry. I didn’t—”

“N-No,” with trembling voice, Chaeyoung said followed by a bow in Mina. “I-I should be going.” Still trembling, the girl exits the room leaving Mina completely doomed.

“What did I just do, for God’s sake. MYOUI MINA! YOU CRAZY!!” Mina said to herself while gripping hard on her own hair. She stood and walks back and forth her room while nervously talking to herself “What did you do. What did you do, craziness. You’re insane! This is crazy!!” Instead of dealing with her problem with the Empress only, Mina is now more consumed by Chaeyoung.

 

—•♥•—


“Oh, Chaeyoung.” The Princess got up from her seat seeing Chaeyoung walks inside the room she share with Kahi. Of all the expression that Chaeyoung can made, the ‘surprised’ one is the most unexpected. “Oh, you seem surprised?” Kahi asks.

Her hands still covering her lips, Chaeyoung replied. “N-Nothing Princess.” The girl hurried away causing some suspicions in the mother’s side. Kahi, together with the Princess came in Mina’s room to see the girl gripping on her hair hardly. Mina declined to have visitor and even lock herself inside her room.

 

—•♥•—

 

“The dinner is prepared, Princess.” Mina sprung up on her desk when she hears Chaeyoung’s voice. She hurried and open her door to see the younger girl smiling into her. “Your mother is—”

“Chaeyoung I’m sorry,” Chaeyoung got bit surprised by the Pirate’s touch but ignored it anyway. She looked at their hands together and smiled.

“There’s nothing you should be sorry about my Princess. Now, have yourself a fine dinner with your family.”

“No. I want to stay with you and pay for my mistake,”

“I told you not to worry about it. Partially, It was my mistake but then. I am lying if i told you that i didn’t enjoy it. I’m just a bit surprised...” Mina smiled at the words she heard and puts Chaeyoung’s hands in her lips to plant kisses into it. 

“I promise to make extra care when I’m with you. I promise to keep you safe at any cost. To offer you everything and gave you the respect you deserve,” Mina said looking directly at Chaeyoung’s eye. The mermaid’s eye shone at the brightest. Nayeon is right. It is really the best feeling to be inlove with the person you dream on having.

“I’m planning to make the wedding a bit private. In Silla, i think?” Mina and Chaeyoung got surprised to see Kahi together with the Prince and Princess talking behind them. And obviously, intentionally making them heard everything.

“I’m so happy and excited to witness the wedding of my very first and last child.” Kahi said.

“We owe the pleasure in you,” Mina smiled and locks the smaller girl in her embrace not minding the parents beside them. She already have the universe. What more is a blessing.

 

—•♥•—


Mina got more excited to see her lover’s face everyday. 24 hours is not enough for her looking at the infinite beauty Chaeyoung had. She never see herself falling this hard into somebody but herself but now. Chaeyoung is here. Everything turns upside down. She almost forgot the trouble awaits to them at the end of the time limit that the Empress gave.

The palace soldiers runs and round up the Myouis. Mina takes her weapon and covers her family and Chaeyoung from them. Everything come into an end.

“The empress is summoning you, mistress.” The General announced. Mina step a bit to feel a tug on her sleeve made by Chaeyoung. The younger girl looks at her Pirate in all worries. 

Yes she made her mission complete before her ending time but Mina didn’t made her own mission with the emperor complete. She cried watching Mina being tied up by the soldiers and drag into the Empress hall.

“Mother I can’t lose Mina.” Chaeyoung cried to be comforted by Kahi and the Princess.

“I will do everything to make Mina back. Just keep yourself all safe, understand me?” The Prince marked and bravely get himself dressed.

“Don’t come to it. I can’t afford to lose both of you,” the Princess cried as she begged for the Prince not to go.

This are all because of a mermaid. Chaeyoung then hurried and runs outside the Palace ignoring everyone’s call.

 

‘To love is to sacrifice’

 

—•♥•—


The empress made such a little feast about anything but to pin point the main reason, It was obviously the removal of Myouis in the position. She knows it better that its impossible for everyone to bring mermaid infront of everybody.

She gets Mina few beatings and tied in the seat in front of her visitors from neighborhood countries. Princess, Prince, empress or Minister. She invited them to see the fail Myoui Dynasty being fall into pieces in her hands.

Noise of the horses, instruments and all the people who cares and hates the elite family. The last family to come is the most unexpected visitor of the empress.

“Minister Yoo—”

“I didn’t come empty handed if its the reason why you’re welcoming me Empress Shin. We don’t need to pretend that we are friends for all the most i hate, it fake,” the Elite got surprised by the cold Minister’s response but decided to ignore it for the sake of the feast. Minister Yoo and all her envoys come with honorary entrance. She didn’t bother to smile. None of them is pleasing to see. She is just being forced by the King to be his representative although she find no sense of celebration. This is such a huge country to acquire by those greedy personalities. Another country to add in her list of hates. She hates everyone and everything.

“Chaeyoung, I can do it for you,”

“No Nayeon unnie, Its dangerous. We didn’t know what life awaits for us after revealing ourself in the world. If i drink this potion, I will be forgotten by anyone again.” Chaeyoung takes a bottle of another potion that she ask for Nayeon to bring. 

Although Nayeon once again wore the necklace that can give her own feet, she didn’t enjoy it like the way she used to. In her past years, she liked getting her feet for good. Now, she gets her feet to forsake a friend. To give Chaeyoung as payment for Mina’s life. Is it really destined to a mermaid to make such huge sacrifices when it comes to love? “If she forgot my existence, it’ll hurt less to know that I did it for her. Take a good care of Kahi too.”

“Chaeyoung you didn’t know what’re you doing,”

“I’m afraid we don’t have much time for such tribunal arguments unnie, I came into this decision and i want you to help me with it.” Chaeyoung said with determination. Nayeon nods with so much hesitation. She held on Chaeyoung’s clothes when the mermaid starts to undress herself.

“I will prepare the duvet.” Nayeon then left the room where they both hide just to find enough sized duvet to cover Chaeyoung for awhile. In her surprise, this stern familar voice that she had missed for a long time came ringing in her ears with so much authority.

“Who are you?” Nayeon frozed while she didn’t dare to turn the owner of the voice. It will be so useless so it was fine if they did not happen to meet here in wrong place and at wrong time. She run her way to palaces stock room and get various color of huge curtains. Unlucky, few of the guards had caught her doing such crime.

“A larcenist!” In such a hurry, Nayeon takes one red curtain and runs opposite way to the guards. Being not so familiar using a feet again, she tripped into something that make her hopelessly surrender herself to them.

“I’m not a larcenist believe me human!” She tried to depend herself but not able to when the guards tied her up and take her out.

“Let me take a responsibility to her. She’s not a thief,” Minister Yoo Jeongyeon stopped the guards from taking Nayeon out. Although its kind of relief that she’ll be free now, it still didn’t sound so good especially when Jeongyeon is eyeing her with anger in her features. “Not a theif but a murderer.” Jeongyeon added. With that, the guards make Nayeon kneeling infront of the minister.

Not believing what she just heard, Nayeon looked up to her higness. “If you have personal matter to discuss I’m afraid I don’t have time for it. A friend needs me. Let me go!”

“Its funny how you’re dying just to fulfill your friend’s needs when you’re not around when I needed you the most!”

“Jeongyeon please don’t judge my decision when you didn’t know my reason!”

“I can’t think of anything reasonable for you leaving me! You emotionally murdered me.” With that, Jeongyeon harshly pointed her silver double blade sword into the kneeling woman. “What you did is clearly unforgivable,” Nayeon bowed in all pain, guilt and fear. All mixed emotions that a real mermaid not supposed to feel. They are made to be a happy creatures underwater. What makes pain possible is because they experienced to be inlove.

“Please let me go.” She pleaded.

“For what? For making me feel—” she cutted Jeongyeon’s word when she holds on the silver sword causing her hands to bleed in a seconds. Not yet done, she drawn Jeongyeon’s sword near on her chest. Being afraid of what will happen next, her Highness pulled out her weapon splashing some of bloods in the ground. She can’t afford to look at the wounded mermaid so she came crouching in front of her. “Nayeon are you okay—”

“KILL MEE!” Nayeon screamed. “IF YOU DON’T WANT ME TO GO, KILL MEEE!” She cried breaking down in so much fear and tears. “My one and only friend is asking me to forsake her to humans while the person I loved the most is here infront of me not recognizing all the sacrifices I have made for everybody! How come I need to suffer in all of this crazy things?!” Jeongyeon didn’t know how and what to think in this outburst. She never had imagine to meet Nayeon here and never too see her crying and begging for someone to end her life. But before she came touching the girl, a guard came asking for her pressence.

“Minister, a mermaid is seen in the room for slaves. You’re to witness the freedom of Myouis,” with that, Nayeon’s eye widen.

“CHAEYOUNG!”

 

—•♥•—


The returning of crown and the continuation of the Myoui dynasty held on the other day of the appearance of the mermaid. Mina gets herself dressed in golden royal wear together with the Prince and Princess. The whole country felt a sudden freedom when the Prince is now being declared as the new Emperor, replacing the wicked cousin because of discussing matters that done after gaining back their authority.

Although she had accomplished the mission of gaining their families reputation, there’s still something that bothers Mina the most. She is supposed to be the happiest princess alive but in some unexplainable reason, she can’t. It feels like half of her life is being stealed without her knowing. Some vacuum inside her is so empty causing her to feel extraordinarily lonely.

“I can’t believe mermaids are real. Have you seen her? I heard about the story about them giving a badluck to a country or anyone seeing them in person,” the one named Kahi who’s fixing Mina’s hair said gaining bit of attention from the Princess.

“I didn’t know mermaids are real too but when I looked in her eyes, I know she’s lonely and at the same time happy,” Mina said remembering the time that the Mermaid and her eyes met. “It was like she needs to tell me something.” She added.

“Princess worry not. The mermaid is to be executed at the afternoon. You won’t be experiencing bad luck they tend to give to the country,” Kahi said. Mina plainly smiled although deep within her, there’s something wrong happening. “Your hair is done. Lets go to your mother,”

“But Kahi. Can you help me with something?”

“What is it?”

“I want to see the mermaid again.”

 

—•♥•—


Chaeyoung laid down on the cold hard stone feeling so weak being few days away from water is so hard. The palace didn’t gave her proper meal also and it was so hard for a fish form herself. But none of this matters now. She smiled to herself when her tied-almost wounded hands carries the two shining button that gives her happiness that lasts a lifetime. She had gone recalling the first time she had laid an eye to that beautiful pirate in the huge boat. That they smiled into each other. That they kissed. They loved. They feel to be in need and to be needed. Every memories like this is like a bliss. Its morethan enough. Although she knows that her end is nearing time to time.

“Chaeyoung,” she gasps when she heard a smol voice which she knew Nayeon owned. She turn her head left and see Nayeon’s scared face. “I see you again,” the girl runs into the mermaid and gave her a needy hug.

“Don’t worry about me Nayeon unnie. You can comeback to sea. Tell them about me. Make them know that some hard headed mermaid named Chaeyoung once exists.” Chaeyoung said loneliness wrapped on her voice and it breaks Nayeon’s heart into pieces. “Please tell my Mom I love her. Tell every young mermaid that being inlove is so precious like you did tell me.”

“Chaeyoung I will never ever let you die in here. I will make that Pirate Mina remember you again!!” Nayeon desperately cried.

“Making her remember me doesn’t make any sense. I’m to be executed later. To remember me takes a year or forever. You will just make her deprived with emotions.”

“But Chaeyoung!”

“Unnie, its now or never. If you didn’t runaway from here, you’ll be in danger too. Please notify my mom in my death. That’s all I needed.” Chaeyoung said and her tears starts to fall down too as Nayeon is almost crying from the very deepest of sea.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” The voice that makes Nayeon and Chaeyoung turns their heads at the door. There stand the precious humans that been a part of her short term being a human too, Kahi and Pirate Mina.

“Young lady, Mermaid can make some bad luck in you. I advice you to stay away from her.” Kahi said with the same worried tone she always gave Chaeyoung when she is still her daughter. Chaeyoung smiled remembering how is it to be Kahi’s daughter.

But anything that Chaeyoung can be expected kneeling Nayeon is the least. She gasps when the older mermaid walked in her knees infront of Pirate Mina. “PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU TO REMEMBER MY CHAEYOUNG!”

“Nayeon unnie please stop!” Chaeyoung cried.

“Remember her Princess. She is Son Chaeyoung. The one you meet in expedition. The one you loved the most—”

“NAYEON UNNIE please.” Chaeyoung exclaimed to make Nayeon stop talking. Its impossible to make the potion wore off because of JUST begging. Its fine like this that Mina will remain clueless. She will make it hard for the Princess.

For some unexplained feeling, Mina found herself tearing. It even surprised her to see droplets of tears in her cheeks. Maybe the desperation before death is the most dramatic scene and it makes her cry. She wiped the tears that played in her eyes and face the mermaid and Nayeon.

“I may assume that you guys are best friends. I never thought human can befriend with a mermaid,” she smiled while watching Nayeon cried. Chaeyoung missed those smile that she haven’t seen for days. Although it didn’t look the same, its still Mina’s smile. She loved everything in Mina.

In her mind, there’s a thing that says its fine to make Mina forget about her entire existence but in her heart screams opposite. Now she’s seeing the pirate again, her composed thoughts went ruined. She want to hug her, to kiss her, to say how much she loved her and to hear Mina saying she love her too. It made her overwhelmed with loneliness.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be keeping you safe lady.” Mina said to Nayeon. “Mermaid, tell me your one last wish and I’ll do it. Because you help me gaining my reputation back so I guess I need to help you with your one last wish.” She said to Chaeyoung.

“Can’t you remember me? Please remember me Mina.” with that Nayeon knows Chaeyoung had speak what’s the real thing inside her heart. She came hugging the young mermaid in tears again.

Mina didn’t know why the sudden pain in her chest and loneliness came overwhelming within her. The mermaid’s word came like a sword drawn in her chest and twisted without mercy.

‘I got these fragments of memory with me. Days when I am with you. I love it. I love to remember it.’

 

Those words in her thought that sounds confusing.

Why?

She turned her back off to them leaving Nayeon and the mermaid alone.

Why?
What memory?
Why does the mermaid’s last wish sounds so heart breaking? 
Remember? Who is she? What is she in Mina’s life? What is to remember?

She was walking in the palace when the familiar official from other country came appearing. She bowed a little remembering that she is the Minister of the strongest imperial palace resided in the south. She’s minister Yoo.

“Minister Yoo?”

“Can we talk?”

“S-sure.”

 

—•♥•—


“BRING THE MERMAID OUT,” the general announced when few of the soldiers strolled the mermaid with a cover in her face. There waits the line of archers that will end her life in any seconds.

Mina hesitates after the talk with the minister. She got a hold of an emblem made in seashell. “Come to think of it. I know you won’t remember her using that emblem but please stop the execution. That emblem. Wear that in the neck of the mermaid and when she turns into a human, Save her. I know she played a very important role in your lost memory even i don’t know what specific position.”

“Why? Why everything tells that I have lost some memory. Clearly, NOT.” Mina countered.

“You’re one hell of a lucky woman. You come to love someone who is willing to offer her life as a living sacrifice to save you. I’ve been inlove in a mermaid too but she choose to leave me. Even though I come to kill millions of people, I know I won’t win her back.”

“Mermaid?”

“Yes. I’m just giving you chance to save yourself even though I don’t know if that mermaid is really connected with you but I feel like she is. Just try. No harm in trying. You will regret if you don’t,”

Mina gripped hardly on the emblem and walk to the hallway where the mermaid is now on the way of execution.

The cover in her face is removed making it hard for Chaeyoung to balance her eyes in sudden light that the sun brings. It makes her thrist for water. When she wander her eyes around, there’s a lot of soldiers and some civilians looking at her in disgust. There is also Kahi who is looking at her with sadness. Maybe, somewhere in Kahi’s heart resides a love for a daughter. Chaeyoung manages to smile at her foster Mom.

Nayeon is being harshly tied in one wooden pole since it was trying so hard to stop the execution. As punishment, she is to witness the killings of her friend. She can’t help but to cry in devastation.

“Prepare!” The chief announced. Mina stood there in the sidelines. The moment Nayeon spotted the princess handing Chaeyoung’s necklace, she had created a hope. “Princess! Save CHAEYOUNG I’M BEGGING YOU!!” she exclaimed.

Mina made a simple courage and walk at the middle place where all the soldiers pays respect in her appearance. She faced Chaeyoung.

Too weak to counter the sun, Chaeyoung remained bowing. She knows that even archers don’t fire arrows, she will die being a plain mermaid under the sun. She forced to raise her face when the Princess crouches in front of her.

Mina. Her beloved pirate.

“Your Highness please don’t come near to her! She’s to die this afternoon!” The chief warned but it didn’t stop the Princess. She takes the emblem out and put it on Chaeyoung’s neck.

If she became human, save her. No harm in trying. You’ll regret if you didn’t.

One two and three minutes, the mermaid didn’t turns out to be human. Mina’s heart breaks to see that the tails remain tails. She sighs and stood up her place. She gave Chaeyoung a weak smile before she turn her back into her.

Chaeyoung in the other side knows it well that her weak body will not manage to make it human again. Emblem requires effort in each physical means of a mermaid and human form. She just smiled knowing that for the last time, Mina tried remembering her. Mina tried saving her but everything comes into an end.

The princess walked down to see the emperor and empress giving her a smile. She tried. But it didn’t turns out to be true.

“FIRE!” the signal for archery team roared causing three of the arrow flies from the heaven to Chaeyoung’s body. Some doings of devine intervention makes one arrow broke the emblem that lies in her chest.

Like a flash of overflowing memories, everyone in the place gasps remembering everything. 

The Lady Chaeyoung. 
Kahi’s daughter, Empress and Emperor’s favourite girl and most,
Mina’s lover.

The creeps run down in everyone’s spine seeing how Chaeyoung’s body falls down the ground with an arrow on her chest. Mina, like loosing all her sanity run back to Chaeyoung while her tears came endless. “CHAEYOUNG!!!!”

“Chaeyoung!” The emperor exclaimed.

“Chaeyoung!!” Kahi hysterically cried while Nayeon’s heart is now down the lowest together with her trust in humanity. She just stares blankly losing her own mind.

Mina grab the mermaid’s body and cried “Chaeyoung I’m sorry please CHAEYOUNG!!!!”

“Tha-thank you for remembering me... my princess,” with her last breath, Chaeyoung’s eyes closed and all the pain that caused her love for Mina fades.

 “CHAEYOOOOOUNG!”

 


I hate angst. ENEWEY, This is the first drop whom I decided to transfer in here. I won't delete my previous account where I post it first. I just want to remind you that this is my storyy ^^…

Next update will takes too long since I was so busy with life. Just enjoy this for awhile~