MiChaeng || Your Name (Kimi No Nawa)

Untold Fairy tale
 


       “Dr. Myoui! An emergency patient!” An emergency call made me bolting up my seat and run outside my hospital residential room. A sight of a bloody pregnant woman almost mid-twenties on stretcher while being run and attended by various nurses. I run and take the pulse beats on her wrist while it was being delivered at the ward.

       “BP is going low, the heart rate isn’t normal either. The assurance of baby’s heartbeat is still at check Dr. Myoui,” the nurse attendee from the ambulance she’s in, reported. I felt sudden goose bumps seeing no signs of life in the mother. I took my medical penlight from my chest pocket and see abnormal dilation of the pupil falls from 3 to 8 mm. I hovered on her stretcher that the nurses manage to maneuver. I positioned myself down her bump and pumped on her chest gently but putting bit of hard pressure to regain her normal breathing. We reached the ward and the heart detecting apparatus immediately puts on her. I quickly administered high dosage of oxygen intake on her tubes before her heart starts working on again. I sigh in relief.

       “We can’t be careless knowing there’s another life inside her.” I stated wiping out some brushed bloods on my arms.

       “She met accident at Seoul Intersection and it obviously affected her head region Doctor,” The nurse reported and I can see she had lost lots of bloods either.

       “Call a representative on OB gyne department. Inform the anesthesiologist and book an OR,” I commanded which the nurse immediately obeyed. “And you got to get her scanned data. Deliver it to my office.” Another nurse nods and work on my demands. I put both my hands on my waist and looks at the patient with a pain slipped on the corner of my chest. I prayed for the better.

       “Minah!!” A crying voice of a man rung from behind me. I actually wronged about him calling me but when he runs into the pregnant woman, I realized she was MinAh. “Doctor what happened to my Minah?!”

       “Seoul Intersection accident. She’s one of it. Her vitals are already stable but not that we can reassure off. Representative from Gyne is coming and if we can, we will perform an immediate surgery to her head which took massive injuries,”

       “Please doctor! Save my baby! Save my Minah!” He cried. I’m too far away from being God myself so I can’t guarantee a life of a people like her. Like them. But I wish I could. I wish I can.

       “Dr. Myoui,” a female gynecologist came and attended the patient. I was just looking as how she bats on her lips, shook her head or any kind of negative reactions a doctor can give. I realized I was being too much into it. I looked at my bloody self and decided to just make quick change of my clothes for a while.

       I walked down to be stopped seeing very familiar back figure seating at the outpatient ward. I smiled when I see her playing with lots of pens in her hands, organizing and destroying. Sometimes counting and lost at ten. I made my very fast move of washing and changing my clothes into another pair of blue hospital personnel clothe top up with a white lengthen hospital gown. I clip my pen alongside medical lights before I excitedly made my way on outpatient ward.

       She’s still there doing things I can’t label what. “Chaeyoung!” I run from her back and wrapped my arms around her neck. I engulf lungful of her honey-scented hair and plant a peck on her cheeks. I hear her giggle so I made walk for an island and kneel in front of her.

       “Mina!” She happily greeted showing her infamous dimpled smile. She was grinning while looking at me. She is constantly bubbly. Eyes are shiny and smile is like the happiest smile in the world... but then, I suddenly felt a tag on my chest knowing that this smile is not coming from my wife Chaeyoung.

       “Wh-what are you doing here?” I asked lowly keeping my calm wits with me.

       “Am I not supposed to visit my wife in her job? Your hospital looks great!” She cheerfully said scanning the whole place with her playful orbs.

       “Chaeyoung- I mean—” I was cut when she puts her index finger on my lips. A gaze from her eyes landed on mine telling me strange feeling that those pair of eyes, those smile and this personality is completely opposite from the Chaeyoung I knew.

       “Sshh. Chaeyoung is sleeping. You might wake her up,” she warned. I can sense dark blends of her voice that I keep on fearing every time.

       “Your name?” I asked. She once again grins making me shudder.

       “Ennik Douma.” She answered.

       “Doctor. Here’s the MRI results,” a nurse came making me have reason to let go of my wife’s hands. I stood and walked out never do a turn back when I felt her just hug me from behind.

       “Mina, aren’t you surprised seeing me?” She whined. I took the result and just beckon the nurse to go before facing Chaeyoung.

       “Chaeyoung—”

       “I’m not Chaeyoung.” She coldly cuts.

       “O-okay. I’ll be gone next 4hours for a surgery. I’ll call Mom to drop by here and fetch you okay? Please hang on.” I said and leave a peck on her lips. How can science explain that the lingering feelings of my wife’s kisses were gone after showing different personality? Could even science explain? I wish they can. I wish I could.

--

       “Biopsy,” I said taking out a piece of her flesh into a flask before massaging my tired neck for the whole 5 straight hours preventing large movement. “Irrigation,” I said making my assistant doctor to pour little amount of liquid to wash up pile of bloods blocking the view. I put cottonoids and artificial flesh for finishing touch up.

       “You really a great doctor,” Ms. Kim from OB Gyne complimented as I could only reply with a shy smile.

       “I’ll close her up for you, doctor,” my assistant doctor volunteered. I just lift both of my hands on level on my shoulder as I made room for him to finish the operation. Two of the interns took off my bloody gloves and help me with my gown either. I walked out operating room and washed my hands clean before massaging my little numb neck again. This is so tiring.

       “Dr. Myoui, your wife is at your resident’s room she made sudden savagery earlier.” with that, my tired eyes were now wide open as I run through my resident room. There at my bed, I saw how she’s gripping hard on my doctor coat while crying. I run beside her and lock her in my embrace.

       “Chaeyoung?” I asked as I made myself completely lost at the warmness of her hug. Even I won’t ask, I know she is now the wife I’m missing.

       “Mina I’m afraid,” she cried with her hug tightening around my waist.

       “It’s okay. Everything is under control,” I shush and lift her chin using my fingertips. Once her eyes lands on mine, I felt my insides celebrating seeing a familiar sight I used to love. My wife Chaeyoung is back. I captured her lips with mine and felt the electric activity runs down my spine. It felt like home.

--

       Her bad habits of collecting beautiful kitchen utensils and keeping them at the cabinets made my eye rolls for nth times today. We made a stroll on the grocery and different shops with just her keeping cute stuffs and buying all of them just to add in her collection. “Chaeyoung you’re filling up the cabinet already. You’re not even using them,” I whined out but she just smiled at me and turn back organizing her collections.

       “We’ll use it when your department pays for a visit. Or even a friend of mine or relatives! They’re just too cute to use every day,” she said looking satisfied at her work.

       “Whatever,” I replied and walked out the kitchen. At the coffee table I found a bowl of nachos and gravy. I made myself rest at the couch and starts digging in. I was cut remembering the bed sheets I left on the bath tub. I stood up fixing on it. Mom will always laugh seeing those comfortable bed sheets and pillows at my bath tub followed by judgmental stares. I can only laugh as I imagine. I once again put another batch of new bed sheets on the tub and pile of comfortable pillows. Just in case. I walked down my room to hear a loud knocking of kitchen utensils at the ground. I left my soul at my place as I made a bullet run to see Chaeyoung looking down at the scattered utensils at the ground.

       “What happened?” I asked. She just stay rooted at her place before saying her weak...”Sorry,” to me. I sigh in relief and brush off my hair with my fingers as I help her gathering the things.

       I made myself down at the comfortable warm of my bed after showering for tonight. I closed my eyes snuggled off to the softness of pillows when I felt an added weight on the bed. I opened my eyes knowing it was Chaeyoung.

       “You sleeping?” I asked although I’m facing back at her.

       “Uh.. yeah.” She answered timidly.

       “In bed?” I once again asked and I can feel her stiffened beside me. Sensing the change of behaviour, I sit up facing her. “Your name?” I asked.

       “S-sorry,” she apologized.

       “Just tell me your name.” I softly said putting my hands on her cheeks and caress her lips with my thumb. The beautiful face of my wife hides different personality who owns multiple names and characteristics. Never in her life has Chaeyoung crawled on the bed because she wanted a sleep.

       “D-did I make it obvious?” She asked. I give her faint smile.

       “Traumatic disorder made my wife fear sleeping on bed. Shortly, what did you just do is not an act that Chaeyoung usually does.. so.. your name..?” I replied. She bowed her head a bit and pouted.

       “I’m Nayeon,” she said.

       “It’s been a long time since I happen to see you Nayeon. How’re you?” I smiled which she quickly mirrored. Her dimples showing and her eye glittering likewise Chaeyoungs. But the comfort I found in Chaeyoung’s eyes is different. Now, in the body of my wife, I am talking to Nayeon.

       “I’m just fine sleeping. I wonder why I am awake now.” She replied. I sigh and make her snuggle close to me. Just putting enough distance to make sure of non-intimate connection with both of us. “Did you miss your wife? I’m sorry,” she said.

       “I bet she is now sleeping. Just make yourself comfortable with the bed. I was craving for a sight of Chaeyoung in bed but never has she let me see it. Unless were doing something~” I joked wiggling both of my brows up. My wife immediately flashed a flustered expression. Even the room light is dim; I can see a tint shade of blush on her cheeks. Her dimple came showing either before she covered her flustered lips with her hands and nudge my side for playing double meaning words on her.

       “Don’t spoil my mind so much Myoui Mina. My imagination is being wild!” She said chuckling. I just grab her nape and gently planted an innocent kiss on her temple.

“Nayeon ah. Tell my wife my sweet goodnight. And to you too. Sleep well,”

“I will. Goodnight Mina.”


-
Lol. A scientific fiction about DID and Personality Disorder. Idk how did it starts but medical topics are one of my ツ maybe 9 personality Including Pinky and Somi and excluding MiChaeng? Idk. シ