i want to, but i can't

scramble

After some times inoo is back with the food, and takaki starts to eat them, it confused takaki even more because the food is so tasty it makes him think why would a person who get kidnapped is being treated this way, he even think that the person must've wanted part of his organ so they try to keep him healthy before selling it.

"so how old are you inoo?"

"i'm 21 this year, how about you?"

"i'm 23 this year, to be honest i'm expecting to graduate soon from college" said takaki.

"it must be nice going to college right? having friends, doing a project" inoo said with a really sad eyes 

"its not that nice actually, you have to do your assignment at the same time working hard to pay for your life expenses, its hard, you're not missing much really" takaki tries to lift up the mood.

"but i do want to go outside, to know this world more, to talk to new people like you, its interesting and it makes me happy" said inoo

"then you can always talk to me, i'm an only child you know inoo so i'm always lonely. i'm glad i met my bestfriend hika but now there's you too, so my friend number is growing" takaki said that while smiling and somehow it makes inoo feel calm, takaki's words and smile makes him feel grateful because this kind of person is exist. 

"i'm glad, you know i my father was a strict person, he hits me all the time, i used to have an older brother and he always tried to protect me but he ended up being in the worst situation, i'm lucky i'm still alive, i want to give up many times, but i didnt because someday i dont know when, i want to have a better life,my dream is far from being a rich person or something like that, i just want to live comfortable enough with a rough job from the construction place and maybe a small room that i'll rent, and a rice with an egg i can eat everyday, i'm so pathetic right? but that kind of life is what i have been dreaming about everyday" 

there was a long pause because takaki is amazed at the younger boy's wish and at the same time feeling a little bit angry because he even wants to protect that boy more and finally takaki said

"why dont we escape together inoo? i dont know but if we get out from here i can probably help you making that dream come true, i know a place that will pay you well, and also a small room that you can rent and also we can work hard together everyday to survive living. i cant see you suffer like this inoo, you suffer so much already.." 

inoo just remain silent..

"i wanted to, but i can't...i ha-"

*Ding-Dong* the bell rang from outside and inoo has to go again, and takaki was left behind. leaving him with so many questions behind.