plastic bag

scramble

as soon as takaki awake he make the preparation right away, but because there is no bag he couldn't carry much with him, there is a long cloth in the closet so he tied it around his arm since they would probably need it later. he waits for quite a while until inoo entered the room with a plastic bag on his hand.

"so are you ready? i brought this which is probably helpful later, there is water, bread, a rope, t-shirt, matches, and medicine" said inoo in rush..

"why do we need so much? we could just leave some things behind, it will make it harder for us, we got no bag too, it will be hard for us to carry it with us all the time" 

"you don't understand, as soon as we step our foot from the fence in the backyard, its like a battlefield, we have to get through the forest, we need this." inoo tried to explain it.

"okay then.. lets do this, i'm sure we can get through this because..."

takaki hasn't finished his sentence but inoo suddenly reach out for takaki's hand..

"you know what? i'm very grateful of you, and you made me feel like i really had a friend, i don't even know since when i stopped calling you 'master' hahaha but from now on, whether we make it or not out there, i just want you to know, i'm thankful of your existence, no, you don't have to answer with anything, come on, lets go, we don't want to wake up the guards aren't we?" inoo said those words with a smile, followed by a nod from takaki.

when they got out from the room, inoo was being really cautios, eventho its still 4.30 in the morning, there are a lot of things in takaki's head, like why inoo didn't try to escape before if he already knew the path to go out from this place, or did he tried it before but failed because if so then inoo must have really trust takaki, the thought of that makes his shoulder even carry a lot more weight than before, because takaki knew, he was the only one that inoo can rely on. they went trough the same path as couple days before, go straight until the end of hallway until there is a stair, as soon as they are upstairs takaki take a last glance at inoo's dark and old room and promise himself that inoo will have 100 times better room when they are out there later. and after that they go right through the attic, it was not easy, the building was old, they have to climb the stairs down right to the warehouse, the stairs are making sound so they are being really careful not to get noticed by anyone, and plus its dark, so its hard to see anything. as soon as they got into the warehouse inoo said something while pointing at the small dusty window.

"takaki, see, there is the fence, actually we can open the lock, i have the key, but it will take longer so we will just climb it okay? i hide all the other keys so the guards can't open it, then it will be a good chance for us to run, i'm not a good runner but at times like this, i have to, lets take a deep breath first.." takaki just nods and didn't say anything..

inoo then handling the plastic bag to takaki because he was about to open the warehouse lock, because the wooden door is big and old it was making a quite loud noise which makes both their heartbeats go crazy, but somehow inoo handled it well, they opened it really slowly just to be careful, inoo got out first then make sure there is no guards then both of them start running crazily towards the fence, takaki throws the plastic bag which he has wrapped to the other side of the fence then he was climbing first..

"inoo, i climb first, then i will pull you up okay"

it was quite easy for takaki but when he was about to reach for inoo's hand,there is 3 guards that has just woke up that saws them.. and start running towards them...

"takaki, go, like, right now, please, i will somehow make it through after this, i will find you." said inoo with such a horrible expressions that makes takaki break down

"are you in crazy? i rather go back there inside than to go through this without you!"

"no, please don't waste my effort, i risk my life for you, live." right after those words inoo was being dragged and yelled by the guard, the other one seem to be looking for the gate key so that they can get takaki too.. it was all blurry, in takaki's mind, seeing inoo getting beaten up by some men, but also the his last words mean so much, takaki started running with tears running down crazily, he doesn't even  know which way he was heading to, the only thing he know he just wanted to disappear for being the lamest creature on earth, he run passed through a river, even more darkest side of the woods, he doesn't know how long he has been running but the only thing in his mind is that he wants to keep running to forgot the feels of being haunted.. takaki's shadow is right below him that means he run for quite a while till he saw the left side of his arm has bleeding but yet, he can't feel anything. he decided to sit down between bushes so he can't barely seen from a far.

--------------------------

 

 

when takaki opened his eyes, it was already dark, there are many crickets sounds and other animals sounds, and neither of that bothers him.. the only thing left with him now is the plastic bag from inoo, takaki first head over to the nearest water springs cleaned his wounds then took a sip of those fresh waters, after spending some time he decided to open the plastic bag, he started to eat the bread, and again, with tears flowing, everytime inoo appears on his mind he always try to distract it with something else. takaki find another place to rest, better than before, there was some kind of artificial cave, just when he about to close his eyes he feels thristy then remembered that inoo put a water on the plastic bag, when he was about to reach out for the water there he saw, inoo's most memorable item, his harmonica.