Chapter Seven: Jongin

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mention of the words Jongin into his memory that he had once forgotten. Suddenly he’s no longer standing in Kai’s white, pristine throne room, he’s in his family’s barn in their newly settled home in Northeast Asia. He’s just an eight-year-old kid now. His young body is trembling in familiar fear and he’s holding a shard of glass in his hand, the jagged edges digging deeply into his skin as his grip tightens. “Now what are you going to do with that?” Yifan asks tauntingly. 

Jongin gives a low growl and charges at his older brother, swinging his makeshift weapon around in hopes of hitting any part of Yifan that he can. The glass slashes deep into Yifan’s shoulder, causing blood run down the shard and over Jongin’s hand. Yifan chuckles and grabs Jongin’s small hand with incredible speed, immediately slamming it down into the wooden beam, supporting the entire barn. Jongin yelped as pain shot all the up his arm and released the piece of glass. “You can never hurt me.” Yifan growls, spinning Jongin’s body around so his back is pressed against Yifan’s chest. Yifan curls a hand around his throat and pulls backwards, emitting a gasp from Jongin. “You a single star and I am the sun.” Yifan says right into Jongin’s ear.

“You aren’t the sun. You’re nothing but darkness.” Jongin spit back.

Yifan growled and spun Jongin around once again, slamming his back into the support beam as hard as he could. The pain Jongin felt in his spine made him wonder how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter