Chapter Eight: Kai

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin’s eyes slowly shut as he slips away in Kai’s arms. “My brother,” Kai says, ripping his hand back. “Dream well, prepare yourself for the coming days, show no fear or mercy in your lead or you will die.” 

Kai tenderly brushes a strand of dark, blood soaked hair from Jongin's eyes. He opens his mouth to speak again, but before he can Chanyeol and Junmyeon are storming into the room again.
Kai immediately pushes Jongin’s body off his own, as though it meant nothing to him and looks curiously at the two men yelling for their pack leader. “How did you get past all the Dark downstairs?” Kai questions, genuinely curious.

Chanyeol and Junmyeon both ignore him in favor of trying to help Jongin. “What did you do?” Chanyeol snarls.

Kai rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. “Please, he’ll be fine. I wouldn’t be so careless as to murder the new king of the Light.”

“New king?” Junmyeon questions, looking up at Chanyeol.

“We’ll talk about it later.” Chanyeol replies, lifting Jongin into his arms.

Before Kai has a chance to speak, Changmin is running into the room excitedly. “My king!” His smile fades when he notices the others. “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you had company.”

“It’s quite alright, my guests were just leaving.”

Chanyeol looks as though he’s going to protest, but when Kai growls he decides against it. Kai flicks his wrist and watches as a large glowing portal appears in place of the broken window. “Ta-ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter