Chapter Two: Kai

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai paces back and forth as Changmin explains to him their most recent failure in retrieving the Ambrosia dagger. “We lost 20 demons in battle.” He says.

Kai growls and digs his claws into the skin of his palm so hard that blood begins to drip to the ground. “We also lost two wolves and their human pets.”

Suddenly, unable to control himself Kai uses his enhanced speed to stand in front of Changmin within the blink of an eye. Changmin’s dark hair is covered in dirt and dried blood, his eyes clearly trying to not show the fear he feels. Kai wishes Changmin was human, he would love to hear the sound of his heartbeat quicken as his fear circulates. Alas, Changmin was not human and so Kai settled with the breath Changmin accidentally let out when Kai touched a hand to his cheek.

Kai smiles as Changmin swallows, knowing full well that Kai could and would end his life right now if he felt like it. Instead, Kai slapped Changmin, the latter falling to the ground at the force of the hit. One of Kai’s claws had caught on Changmin’s skin, but before his blood could have a chance to drip down his face the thin wound was healed. “We cannot afford this kind of defeat again.” Kai says.

“I understand.” Changmin replies.

“We cannot allow my brother to discover all that we have planned for him and his pack. Soon, he will start to question everything we’ve been doing and once he starts putting the pieces together, what will happen?”

“He will fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter