Lips

Fifty Shades of Pinkseok

Words: 456
Rating: G

 

Minseok’s lips are parted in sleep.


Luhan lies there, awoken by the sun but unwilling to disturb Minseok, and watches the passage of dreams across his face, the flutter of his eyelashes and gentle snuffles of his nose. His lips twitch every so often, as if his unconscious words are almost strong enough to break through sleep and appear in his mouth.


Luhan watches this with the kind of smitten fascination he is recognising more and more in himself these days.


Soon, Minseok will awake. Or perhaps Jongdae will awake first, roll over and sigh at the sight of Luhan in his room once again, maybe ask him why they don’t swap rooms, maybe about just getting a double bed rather than squeezing into Minseok’s single. Until then, Luhan is free to watch Minseok’s lips purse around dreams.


Luhan is familiar with the movement of Minseok’s lips in his waking hours. When he smiles or laughs his top lip flattens, hollowing out as if he needs to make room for all the amusement to fit in his mouth. When he speaks there’s a certain asymmetry to his expression - not quite a smirk, more a wry little twist of his mouth, as if the irony of life is not lost on him. When he kisses, he pours his entire being into his bottom lip, using it to push and drag and dig his way to the very core of Luhan’s soul.


In sleep, he is different. His mouth relaxes; his cheeks fall slack. His carefully held composure bleeds away, leaving him soft and uncontained. He becomes smaller, rounder, a simpler being than the fire that burns through his days.


In sleep, as in waking, Minseok is astonishingly beautiful.


The gentle pout of his lips is inviting, alluring, but to touch him would be to drag him from his dreams, and so Luhan watches, cataloguing Minseok’s face even though he already knows it better than his own.


Luhan lays there and watches Minseok for the entire time it takes the sun to migrate across the pillow and fall onto his face.


Minseok’s lips twitch, purse, press together, as if he can hold the sleep inside his body if only he keeps his mouth tightly shut. All he manages to keep in is the yawn that vibrates through his throat and shudders down his body into a stretch. He turns his face away from the pillow and opens his eyes.


He does not speak, but greets Luhan with a hum, a sleepy blink, and the edge of a smile.


Luhan leans forward and returns that smile into Minseok’s lips. Minseok hums again, soft and happy, and Luhan wraps his arms around him to begin a new day.

 

--

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm challenging myself to write about things that are pink without just talking about ~how pink they are~.

My entry for the Luminfics festival is now available for you to read! It's called Feels Like Flying, and it is a monster of a fic. It's like... 46k. Plus an epilogue that I'm writing at the moment. Hoo boy.

Follow me on Twitter!