Eyelids

Fifty Shades of Pinkseok

Luhan creeps into Minseok’s bedroom at the break of dawn. He tiptoes across the room, mindful of Chen asleep in the other bed, and eases back the covers to slide in next to Minseok. He wriggles tightly into his side, presses his cold toes against Minseok’s ankle, snuggles his face into the soft, sleepy warmth of Minseok’s neck.

Minseok murmurs and rolls his head to the side, cringing away from Luhan’s cold nose. Luhan just burrows closer with a kiss to Minseok’s throat, drawing him back and holding him tight until Minseok throws one clumsy arm across Luhan’s body and turns his head to slur a kiss against his forehead.

“Good morning,” Luhan whispers.

“G’mrn’g.”

Luhan smothers his grin in Minseok’s shoulder, then pushes himself up on an elbow so he can rest his head on one hand and gaze down at Minseok, who is still valiantly campaigning for ten more minutes of sleep.

Luhan lifts one gentle finger and brushes a twisted strand of hair from Minseok’s forehead. His skin is so smooth, Luhan thinks, the diligent result of having been carefully toned and moisturised after every shower, every day for as long as Luhan has known him. He traces his finger around the soft apple of Minseok’s cheek, down his nose, along the curve of his eyebrow. Minseok’s lip twitches, but he’s already too deeply asleep again to protest more than that.

In the dim morning light, Luhan observes Minseok’s face. His finger is still lingering at the end of Minseok’s eyebrow, and he brushes across the delicate corner of his eye. The skin here is creased with pink, he realises, an eternal blush over the butterfly-wing of Minseok’s eyelid. Luhan follows it along the line of Minseok’s lashes, into the inner corner of his eye, back up along the curve of his nose to his eyebrow, and begins again.

Minseok mumbles another protest as Luhan completes a third circle around his eye.

“Wh’r’y’d’ng?”

“I’m learning you,” Luhan whispers.

Minseok shudders a full-body yawn.

“I thought you already knew me,” he mutters, resisting consciousness even as Luhan’s soft hands on his face drag him awake.

“It’s never a bad idea to revise. You never know what you might have forgotten.”

Minseok smiles, and Luhan thinks that no matter how much he studies there will always be new things to learn about this boy.

“How’s the snow?” Minseok’s eyes are still closed, but he sounds more awake now.

Luhan stretches up to peer between the blinds.

“Can’t tell. You want me to get up and have a look?”

“Mm-mm.” Minseok shakes his head and slides an arm around Luhan’s waist to pull him closer. “We can check later.”

“Hmm.” Luhan grins and wriggles closer, his hand back on Minseok’s cheek. Minseok finally cracks one eye open and peers at him, and Luhan can’t tell if the edge of a smile in his mouth is amusement or just another thing Luhan has yet to learn.

“Merry Christmas,” Luhan whispers.

“Merry Christmas,” Minseok echoes, and follows the pressure of Luhan’s hand on his face to turn and kiss him into that lazy warmth that belongs to sweet, unhurried winter mornings.

 

--

A/N: Whatever you're celebrating, I hope your holiday season is warm and happy and full of love.