Confessions, Rejections and Decisions

Love Bet {HIATUS}

Yuto's POV: 

   I don't have time to say anything when Ryosuke grabs Yukiko and runs off, Yukiko wearing a surprised expression on her face. 
   Wow, was that how I looked like when I grabbed her?
 
 The plain thought of Ryosuke being alone with Yukiko made my chest constrict. Where are they now? I think, looking around from where I stand. They had been totally engulfed inside of the crowd. 
   
     "Um, sorry, sir, but are you going to go on?" I hear a voice behind me ask. 

   I turn around to see a teenage girl with pigtails and big eyes looking up at me. She's earing a Hey! say! JUMP t-shirt, I realize. Too late, i look back at her just to see a flash of recognition in her eyes. And then I turn my face downwards and rush away. 

    I have to find Yukiko....

Yukiko's POV: 

   I'm frozen. 
   What Ryouma-chan had just said to me is ringing over and over again in my ears. 
   Yuki...I love you.

   I don't know what to say. 
   After today, I had finally realized that I liked Yuji. but I had never considered the feelings that I reserved for Ryouma-chan. He still has his arms wrapped around me. I can feel a slight tremble in his posture, and the tenseness. I know that he's waiting for an answer, or something at least, but I still can't find one. 

   "Yuki...?" he says hesitantly. 

   Yuki. Not Yukiko-chan, or Hiromi-san, like he used to call me. 
   There was such an atmosphere of intimacy around that one word. In it I could feel his hope, his sorrow, his...love. 
   Ryouma-chan is sweet and friendly and kind. He's fun to hang around, and easy to talk to. He's handsome, this I know from seeing him once that night before (when he had a fish on his finger), but the image is now fuzzy.
   He's funny and warm and protective...
                                                  like a big brother. 
   Realization washes over me, along with guilt and sadness. 
   If I tell him this, it wouldn't make him happy at all. I wouldn't see his smile again. This...this feeling of his arms around me...I will never feel it again. 
   The memory of Yuji floods through me. 
   His cocky but cute attitude, his warm hand in mine, the way he believed in me through the games that we had played together today. I even recalled his laugh, the one that used to really piss me off. Now all I think about when I think of his laugh is how glorious it sounds when I hear it.
   And I know what I have to do.  

   "Ryouma-chan?" I say, and then he pulls away slightly, just enough so I can see into his eyes. Eyes that are filled with wonder, desperation and hope. I feel like I can barely breathe. 

   "Yes?" Ryouma-chan answers. 

   I gulp down all my regrets, all the memories and happiness that I had shared with him that we will never share again. 

   "Ryouma-chan...I'm sorry." 

   The moment feels like it's going in slow motion as I watch his face change from gentleness to pain. As he releases me, I feel the warmth of his embrace seep out of me, and as I watch him turn his back to me, shoulders hunched and arms wrapped around each other that it looks like he would fall to pieces if he let go...

   I make a decision. 
   I had already turned down Ryosuke's feelings. Flaunting my love for another boy - his best friend at that - would be the cruelest thing that I will ever do. Even crueler than rejecting his love. 
   I allow myself to listen once more to the sound of Yuji's laugh as Ryouma-chan starts to wlak away from me, leaviing me behind.
   I choke down a sob. 

   I'm sorry, Yuji, I think. I don't think that I can ever show my true feelings to you.

Ryosuke's POV: 

   I can't breathe. 
   Of course, I already know the reason why she had rejected me. I guess I knew it every time I saw her face perk up when she heard Yuto's voice or when I would see her blush whenever Yuto touched her the slightest bit. I just didn't want to admit it. 
   I also didn't want to admit that there was no chance that she would love me back; not in that way.

   I can't escape from the pain. 
   Even though I'm already far away from her, I can't get the imgae of her face out of my head as she said that one word that ended all my hope. I'm sorry.....
   I'm sorry too.

Yuto's POV: 

   I can't believe I still can't find them. 
   I searched everywhere - I even asked Nao, Izumi and Kiyoshi (they hadn't seen them either) - and asked practically everyone I could find in this damn amusement park. 
   And somehow I had ended up with these two idiots - Kawasaki and Yuri.

   "Ahaha, ne~it feels like the tables have turned," Yuri says. 

   "I know, ne?" Kawasaki agrees. "It's so weird!" 

   They laugh about it and talk some more. After a while of me looking around and those two dimwits annoyingly flirting, I notice how empty the place looks and how dark the sky is. 

   "Matte," I say, and the two stop questioningly. "Mite," I say and point to the sky. 

   "Ah, it's so dark!" Yuri exclaims. "We should start to head home now." 

   They start to walk away, but I grab both of thier stupid arms. 

   "Don't you know that we can't leave without Yukiko and Ryouma?!" I yell at them. 

   And then the wind starts to pick up and a slight drizzle begins to rain down. We all look up and grimace. 

   "Well, how about you stay here and get them while I wait in the car?" Yuri says, turns and then walks away. 

   I look at Kawasaki, expecting her to say no - since she is Yukiko's best friend, after all - but I'm surprised that she's nodding. 

   "Yeah, I'll be with Yuri-chan," she says, smiles, and then chases after him. 

   These two really piss me off. 

   But I continue my search anyway. 
   The day at the amusement park alreday seems long over. There's barely anyone there now, and I'm scared that someone will catch up to me and tell me to go home, that the place is closing and I should get out before I;m locked in. But I know that I can't do that, because if I'm locked in, then so will Ryosuke and Yuki. 

   I'm starting to think that they had already left without me when I catch the image of a long, slender leg behind a trash can. 
   On the leg is a pair of long converse. 
   I'm immediately relieved to find her sitting down on the park bench.

   "Yuki?" I say, and I look at her, smiling my head off, probably breaking my cheekbones. "I'm so glad I found you. You know, I've been looking all over -" I stop and look around her. 

   Her face holds a blank stare, but it's different from her usual blank stares. This one...It's emotionless, and a little cold and unreachable. I can't tell what she's thinking at all. 

   "Yuki?" I say again. 
   I know I'm milking the fact that I'm now allowed to call her Yuki but I just want her to say my name again, be it fake or not. I had tried to get her to call me by my first name for what seemed like forever. The sound of it on her lips made me tingle all over. It showed me that there was some intimate connection between us; showed me that she liked me, if not loved me. It gave me hope.
   And then I remember something. 
   "Yuki, where's Ryouma?" 

   It feels like the life is draining out of me when she answers. 

   "It doesn't really matter, does it, Nakamura-san?" 

 

   

 

 

Thank you for reading the eleventh chapter !!! 
                    PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! ^_^