Amusement Park prt. 3

Love Bet {HIATUS}

Ryosuke's POV: 

    Where have those two gone off?!
   I mean, I know that Yuto must have had some problems with whatever his fortune had said, but does that mean that he had to steal away Yukiko and run off? That totally ruined my plan for us today. 
   And now I'm stuck here with Kawasaki and Yuri, who obviously like each other. 

   "Kyaaaa ~~ Yuu-chan is trying to harrass me!" I hear Kawasaki yell playfully. 

   "Ehh? No I'm not, I'm just trying to help you hold the ball-" Yuri says, leaping away from her side. 

   She laughs. "I'm just joking! You're really more serious than you look, ne?" 

   And they go on and on. 
   I am so incredibly bored. 

   "Chotto!!" I yell, to the two of them, who are now in front of a large booth where they have to hit tagets with three balls. Whenever a target is hit, the buzzer is extremely loud and annoying. They hadn't hit any yet.. They freeze when they hear me and lose their last turn, giving them no points at all. 

   "Sorry, but you don't get a prize," the man at the booth apologizes. 

   They both glare at me accusingly. 
   "What? Aren't we supposed to be looking for the other two people in our group anyway???" I demand. 

   They turn away from me, shrugging. 

   "If they want to be by themselves, maybe it's best that they do," Kawasaki says.

   I decide that I don't like her. 

   "Yeah, Ojii-chan, they might want to be by themselves for specific reasons," Yuri says, winking at me. They giggle together as they search for more change to play the game again. 

   Okay, I hate them both.

   "Well, I don't care about you guys, but I'm going to go look for them," I say. 

   "Ah - hold on, maybe I can help," the stocky man at the booth says. 

   "Oh, arigatou, I was just wondering if you'd seen a tall guy with black hair and clothes like what I'm wearing at the moment with a hat pulled down over his face," I tell him. 

   "Ah - was he with a girl with eyes that roam everywhere and is wearing a purple shirt?" the man asks. 

   "Hai!!" I say excitedly. "Could you tell me where they went?" 

   The man coughs and holds out his hand. 
   Rolling my eyes, I slap some money on it. He inspects it for some time, and then stuffs it in his pocket. 

   "They were just here before you - they headed over there, to the other booths." He points to the direction they had headed. "They're such a cute couple," he comments as I turn away and grit my teeth. 

   "They're not a couple," I say through clenched teeth and stalk away. 

   Once I reach the next booth, I ask the woman there if they had seen the two. 

   "Oh, hai! They went to that booth," she points to a little booth that holds a bunch of little keychains. 

   I head over there, ask the same question, and the young girl there directs me to another booth. The exact thing happens for the next ten or so booths, and then I head over to the last one. 

   "Ah, did you ever see -" I start to say. 

   "Yes, I did, they went out to the front entrance," the teenage boy says to me. 

   "Eh? How'd you know i was going to ask that?" 

   "You've been to the past fifteen booths asking the same question with an extremely loud and exasperated voice. Now are you going to go to the front entrance or do you want me to paint a flower on your cheek?" He holds out a tiny paintbrush dipped in red. 

   "Anou, no thanks, I'll pass, but thank you for the information," I say, and head over to the entrance. 

   Immediately I hear the sound of music blaring into my ears. It's a street performance performed by.....Are those kids?! How are they doing so good?! The drummer reminds me a little of Yuto, and how he looked like when he was little. 

   When they're finished their song, the crowd that had gathered around them cheers and pushes money into an already overfilled hat on the ground. Impressed, I go over to where the hat is and drop some money in. 

   "Arigatou gozaimasuu!!" the tiny singer yells. 

   "You're welsome," I say. 

   "Haha - Mite, he's wearing the same clothes as Sensei!" the drummer comments. 

   I freeze. "Wait, what? I'm wearing the same clothes as who?" 

   The three look eager to answer me. "You're wearing the same clothes as our Sensei! He came over here and taught us how to do better!!" the guitarist says. 

   "He's my hero," the drummer says. 

   "Mine too!" the singer adds. 

   "Was he with a girl?" I ask anxiously. 

   "Un!" the singer says. "She was very pretty." They pause and stare into space with goofy smiles on their faces. 

   I snap my fingers and they look at me. 
   "Do you know who he is?" I ask them. 

   They look at each other and nod, then they lean really close to me and start whispering. 

   "He's Nakajima Yuto from Hey! Say! JUMP, but you have to promise that you won't tell anyone!!!" they say together.  

   "Ah, okay, I'll keep your promise if you don't tell anyone that I'm his best friend, Yamada Ryosuke," I say, wanting to fascinate these kids too. 

   They gasp together and grin. "Hontou??" They say to me and I nod. 

   "Ah, what a fun day we're having!!" they squeal. 

   "So, do you know where they went?" I ask them. 

   "Ah, hai, they went over there, and I saw his girlfriend point to the ferris wheel as they were heading back inside," the mini Yuto says. 

   "Ah, arigatou," I say. I'm about to turn around when I whirl back to face them one more time. "And remember this - that girl is NOT his girlfriend," I say, and then spin back around. 

   As I'm walking, I hear one of them say: "I think Sensei is way cooler than him," and i clench my teeth. 

   I guess Kawasaki and Yuri aren't the only ones who I hate. 

   As I head back inside, I catch the familiar hat that Yuto always wears, standing in line for the ferris wheel. And there's someone leaning on his shoulder and holding his hand.....is that...Yukiko?

   A sharp pain sears across my chest. What are they doing there?! And...holding hands...? 
   I feel like there's a clump of butter in my throat that I can't seem to swallow. I'd thought that there was actually a chance that Yukiko liked me, and that we would end up together. Never thought once that Yuto, who wasn't even serious about her, would end up stealing her away from me (literally). 

   Finally, I choke down my confusion, set my face into a determined expression and walk up to the two of them. 

   And then I hear what they're saying.

Yukiko's POV: 

   "What are you planning to tell me?" Yuji says, nudging my head with the shoulder I'm resting on. 

   I blush and hide my face. "I'll tell you when we're up there," I say stubbornly. 

   "Ahhhh ~ I can't wait~" he complains, and I jerk my elbow to his side. 

   "Baka, so impatient," I murmur and he laughs softly. 

   There's a pause. And then Yuji starts to talk and I freeze.

   "You know, I'm kind of hoping that you'll say that you like -" 

   "Where the hell were you guys?" Ryouma-chan's voice comes out of nowhere and says. 

   We spin around in surprise, and for some stupid reason I push Yuji away and clasp my hands behind my back. 

   Ryouma-chan looks kind of angry for some unknown reason.
Plus - I can tell that he's trying to hide it, though - he's distressed. A lot. 

   Yuji is frozen, and when I squint to look at his face more clearly, he has the expression of a boy who'd just been caught vandalizing. 
   "Ryo -" 

   And then out of nowhere, Ryouma-chan grabs my arm and starts dragging me away, leaving behind a surprised Yuji. 
   Oh, no, not this again, I think. 

   I can see the blurred scenery of our surroundings whip past in my vision, like some fast forwarded movie. 
   "Ryouma-chan -" I try to say, but I can't get the rest of the words out because suddenly Ryouma-chan stops and grabs hold of my shoulders. 

   And then he holds me close to him, squeezing me in his arms. It feels a little nice - warmer. 
   And then he whispers something in my ear that I'd never expected him to ever say to me. 

   "Yuki...I love you." 

 

 

 

What will happen now that Ryosuke has confessed?? What about her feelings for Yuto? Find out in the next chapter!! 
  THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 10 OF LOVE BET!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE~~~!!!!! :3

   P.S sorry this chapter is kind of short, I had piano lessons today ^_^