Chapter 1

Cliche at its best
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is a no matter how good or how bad you have it. When you have it bad, well, then it wouldn’t be so hard to figure out how life is a to you. But when you have it good, life is just plain mean.

 

Why mean? It’s because when I thought life couldn’t get any better, it really didn’t get better. In fact, it got way worse than I thought life could ever get. It has become apparent that life takes the quote “Go big or Go home” way too seriously.

 

Now here is where all the cliches come in. I was born into one of the wealthiest aristocratic families in the country, I am drop-dead gorgeous and I am hella smart. I go to an elite school, my parents are never home and I have super sweet maids who take care of me.

 

Not to mention more cliche facts, where I only have a few friends because I don’t want fake es to be all up in my face, I’m cold to people I don’t know but really kind to those I do, and I have an unofficial archenemy who hates me because she’s jealous of who I am and what I’m capable of.    

 

But guess what? There are still more of that cliche coming up.

 

The elite school that I’m in called Prudential Academy, is filled to the brim with children from aristocratic descent, children of wealthy businessmen, rich foreigners and the smartest of the smartest kids in the entire country. 

 

But that’s not why Prudential Academy is as prestigious as it is. The school is special because the students are allowed to indulge themselves in as many subjects possible to be taken in a semester, starting from business to law to art and even to medicine. Of course, they start with the basics like maths and language during elementary and middle school, but your options are open once you’re in high school.

 

Regardless of the school system though, every educational institution has its group of hot guys and group of hot girls. It wouldn’t be a cliche if I were to be in that group, and I’m not. But my archenemy is.

 

To start with, I’m not very social and God I hate people. But I love my two friends, Songhyun and Jaeyeol, who equally hate people the way I do and the two friends I stuck with since the moment I got into Prudential academy in first grade. The three of us are quite famous due to who we are, but we never made the effort to stand out, we like it this way.

 

On the other hand, the group of hot girls was made up of 4: Solji, Lisa, Minah and Sarang. As cliches go, they would be es, and they are, but they weren't always es. Well, to me anyway because they were fake-nice in the beginning, until of course I refused to join their so-called clique and so they harboured inexplicable hate towards me. But their leader Solji and I have always had bad blood between us. Sarang and Lisa are the kinder ones although are still es, while Solji and Minah are the definition of first class .

 

The group of hot guys however, is totally different. They aren’t your typical community of jocks, nor are they boys and neither of them like to be associated with the es of the school. They are a mix of natives and foreigners, all liking different things with different talents. They all have one thing in common though: being smoking hot.

 

The boys call themselves Exo, or maybe their fans named them that, I’m not particularly sure since I never bothered to care. There are 8 of them, 2 Chinese and 6 Koreans; all seniors and one teacher.

 

How could there be a teacher in the lot? It’s a question many have asked, but the entire population of the school knows of their background story. Exo isn’t exactly 8 people, it’s 12, but 5 of them are no longer students. They came together as friends because their parents are close with each other and all of them practically grew up together despite their different origins.

 

Remember that all of the students who’s admitted into the school are only the rich and the smart, it isn’t that big of a leap to know that most of the students there, are either world-famous or are socialites. The Exo boys are not an exception.

 

The 5 members who are working adults were not that familiar to me except the teacher, but I at least know who they are. Xiumin a.k.a Kim Minseok is the oldest of them all, he’s the son of the current Korean Prime minister and runs a hotel chain all over the country. Kris a.k.a Wu Yi fan is Chinese-Canadian, the son of a wealthy business man who runs his family company of legal weaponry. Suho a.k.a Kim Junmyeon is Korean, whose parents own the biggest hospital group in both Korea and Japan. Lay a.k.a Zhang Yixing is pure Chinese and is the son of the owner of the best security resources company in the country.

 

Last but not least, Byun Baekhyun a.k.a the school teacher. He’s the second son of the wealthiest aristocratic family in Korea, whose father runs a group of successful companies specializing in property, innovative technology and telecommunications. Of course the question in everyone’s mind remains the same, why is he merely a school teacher?

 

No one knows the answer to that question, save for Exo themselves. No one has ever dared ask Exo about it, much less Baekhyun himself. He’s an alumnus of the academy and shocked everyone when he came back from university abroad, to come and teach business studies in the academy.

 

The Exo boys who are enrolled in the academy call him Hyung instead of Sir or Mr, understandable albeit a little odd. There is Luhan, Chinese and the son of the owner of the most famous law firm in Korea. Park Chanyeol, Korean and the heir to one of the wealthiest aristocratic families whose parents run the most expensive restaurant chain in Korea, Japan and China. And then there’s Chen a.k.a Kim Jongdae, Korean and whose parents are world-famous detectives who works closely with the President of the country. Do Kyungsoo, Korean and whose parents own a luxury bakery chain world wide. Huang Zitao, Chinese and whose parents run the biggest pharmaceutical company in both Korea and China. And finally the famous cousins, Kai a.k.a Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun, both being heirs to different aristocratic families despite being cousins, whose families work together in Bio-technology and Chemical engineering.

 

With that, we know Exo as a whole. They aren’t bad news, but being close to and/or with them, is. No one can blame them for it though, they’re rich, famous, handsome, smart, talented and nice. Where else would you find better boys than them? Aside from the fact that the entire group are socialites, they keep a low profile in school and never really made a scene.

 

Until that particular day happened, the moment when the world literally, turned upside down. I did the introductions, so let’s begin this roller coaster of a story.

 

I woke up one morning feeling tired as ever. The single thought of my having to socialize with people, adds intangible weight to my shoulders. The alarm was still blaring, incessantly trying to convince me to haul my off the bed, or at least move a hand to shut it up.

 

My hand shot up involuntarily and the room was still and quiet once again. I sighed with fatigue and rested my head comfortably back on my goose-feather pillow, ready to fall back asleep. That is, until the head maid of my mansion barged into my room with her entourage of maids.

 

“Wake up, wake up young missus! It’s Friday and all good things come on Fridays!”, she said as she clapped her hands and made her way towards me on my bed at the far end of the room.

 

I groaned at the sound of her voice, making one last futile attempt to fall back to dreamland. “Oh, Mrs.Gyo, can’t I just skip school today?”

 

Mrs. Gyo laughed after hearing my response, and I was a little annoyed but finally managed to crack open an eye, only to see Mrs.Gyo shaking her head, her body shaking with her as she laughs lightly.

 

“You say that every morning young missus, and yet, you always have a story to tell at the end of the day.” I looked at her with a pout, but moved to sit up on the bed, watching my head maid’s team clean my room and noticing how the bathroom’s door was ajar, indicating their presence in the bathroom, getting my bath ready.

 

I turned back to Mrs.Gyo and smiled, “That’s true Mrs.Gyo, thanks for being here to make sure that I’m awake and ready for school.”

 

A maid came out of the bathroom to interrupt our conversation and approached the both of us, standing by the bed and bowed, “Young missus, your bath is ready.”

 

Mrs.Gyo dismissed the maid and turned back to smile at me, “Of course young missus, just doing my job. Now off with you to wash up. Breakfast will be ready downstairs as soon as you’re done. We’ll leave you to get ready now.”

 

I stood up from my bed and watched all the maids leave my room, closing the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter