Asking Why - Girugamesh

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Siwon

Inside a small coffee house, a handsome young man sat at the window, staring out and scowling lightly at all the people who passed by. The young man, named Siwon, was growing tired. Not in the literal sense, of course, but he was tired of how the world worked. He found himself detesting how controlled he was; how everything he did was dictated, whether it be in his college or at work.

As he watched all the people pass by, he scowled at them not because he hated them, but because he hated how they could pretend to be so happy. It was obvious they weren't; they all most likely felt the same way he did. They were probably tired of being pulled by someone else, being constantly told exactly how to do things at an exact time. Why was the world like this? Surely it couldn't have always been this way. Life couldn't constantly be like a rail, being pulled by someone else and completely out of your control. He wanted something different, he knew that was for sure, but he wasn't sure how to go about it.

At times like these, he wished he was like his friend, Heechul. Heechul knew exactly what he wanted, and always found a way to get it. He lived a free life, doing what he pleased, when he pleased. Siwon wasn't sure exactly how Heechul went about doing that, but it always worked, and it made him a little jealous.

Sighing, Siwon waved at a waiter for the bill, and as he paid and left the coffee shop, he continued to look around at all the fake happy faces. Why couldn't he do things he wanted for himself, instead of everyone else?