Everything I'm Not - The Veronicas

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Siwon

A/N: So, I had two choices for this song. That was either to stay true to the lyrics and make Siwon be rude to a girl by always telling her she wasn't good enough and all that, or I could defy the lyrics and make it be the girl telling Siwon that he wasn't good enough. And, being the lil' rebel I am, decided to defy the lyrics. So take THAT society.

*cough*, but seriously, incase you've heard this song, and know the lyrics, let's pretend it's about a girl saying the mean things not a guy.

---------------------------------------------

Siwon was staring at his laptop screen with an irritated expression. Why he had chosen to open his laptop and view this particular photo album, he had no idea. The album in question, was an album full of pictures of him and his now ex girlfriend. He was still hurt by the break up, and seeing the pictures of them together made his heart ache but his anger boil all at the same time.

He remembers it all too clearly. When they first met, how she had told him he was so perfect. How he was her everything, and how he was the best thing she could ever have. Then, their relationship started spiraling downward, and he had no idea why. She started seperating herself from him without a reason. Whenever he would ask, she would reassure him he was over reacting, and tell him that she still loved him and him only. But then slowly, Siwon started to notice changes in her behavior. Instead of telling him she appreciated the things he did for her, or even telling him that she loved his habits, she started picking out the faults in everything he did. Telling him how to do things better, saying "This is how it SHOULD be done." He wondered what had changed her behavior; he knew they were slowly parting ways, but he wanted to do everything in his power to keep that from happening. All he needed, was to know what changed.

Then, about a week before their break up, Siwon had learned she had been spending her time with another man. He knew nothing romantic had happened between the two, but he could see the way her eyes lit up when he asked about her new 'friend'. Soon, she started comparing the things Siwon did, to the things her 'friend' did; what hurt the most, was how she would say the other man would do things better.

Oddly enough, it hadn't been her decision to end the relationship, it had been Siwon's. When he told her they should break up, he was honestly surprised when she became mildly upset and asked him why. He had so many things he wanted to say in response to that question, but the only answer he could muster was a simple one.

"Because the man that you want, is everything that I'm not."

Siwon sighed as he closed out of the final picture in the album. He moved his mouse over the folder and right clicked on it before selecting the delete option. As the pop up on the computer came up, saying 'Are you sure you want to move this folder to the recycle bin?' Siwon hesitated for only a few moments before clicking 'Ok'. He sighed again, falling back against the headboard of his bed as the folder deleted, a small smile of pride graced his lips. Even though he was still heartbroken, Siwon felt proud of himself for having the strength to end things, and to let go of the memories.

'Now, I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not.'