Seven Years (Acoustic Version) - Saosin

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Siwon

A/N: For those who don't know this song (and I highly recommend you listen to it [the acoustic version, of course] while reading this. It'll set the mood nicely, I think), this song has two different interpretations. One is that it's about the Rapture, and a man chooses to stay behind and face the 7 years of suffering instead of going up with God, because he feels he's not worthy enough. The other, is it's about a guy who was dating a girl for 7 years, and did something to mess it all up and lost her forever (this was said by one of the band members, by the way). And, as much as I wanted to write a Rapture story, I really couldn't do that in the amount of the time I was given with the song, so I went with the latter. I really did try hard with this one, since this is one of my favorite songs, and this is probably my favorite oneshot out of this set. So hopefully you enjoy. :]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Siwon felt the sweat on his palms as he walked along the sidewalk to meet her. The girl he had been with for seven years and going strong. Or at least she thought so. His heart rate quickened as the guilt he had been feeling since the previous night continued to weigh more on his mind. He had done the unforgivable. He had cheated.

He had been drunk at a party with friends. But, as much as he wanted to entirely blame the alcohol, he knew that was no excuse. There WAS no excuse for what he had done. He had destroyed everything they had been through for seven years, all because he let the alcohol take control; and the guilt from that was literally eating him alive from the inside out.

His long strides stopped at the familiar coffee shop, and he looked through the window and saw the gorgeous face of the girl he had come to love for years now. He chewed on the inside of his cheek as he clenched and unclenched his fists. He knew what he had done was unforgivable, and he knew what he did would destroy her. But apart of him selfishly hoped she would stay with him.

Exhaling audibly, Siwon opened the glass door and entered the coffee shop. His eyes immediately went to where the beautiful female was seated, and sure enough she had seen him enter as well. She gave him a bright smile and waved at him cutely; the sight made the guilt weigh heavier on his shoulders, and it took all he had to give her a soft smile back. Slowly, he strode his way to the table she was seated at and sat down before her, seeing her glittering eyes stare at him as she continued to smile.

"What took you so long?" she asked softly, reaching over and taking one of his hands into her pale, smooth ones.

Siwon released a shaky breath before giving her a soft smile, "I'm sorry, I woke up rather late..."

"Oh," sudden realization flashed in her brown eyes, "I forgot you had that party with your friends last night. Did you have fun?"

This was it. He knew he had to tell her, even though it would destroy her, he had to be honest. Siwon bit his lip in hesitation before responding, "Well...actually...there's something I need to tell you."

"What?" she asked, worry apparent on her soft face, "Did someone get into trouble? Someone didn't die, did they?"

Siwon forced himself to chuckle as he shook his head in response. Her innocence to the situation was just making this harder for him. He looked at their hands still clasped on the table, and he felt tears well up in his eyes. He managed to hold them back before he spoke again, "Y-you're going to hate me..."

She said nothing, but stared at him with more worry on her face, waiting for him to continue. Siwon blinked back more tears as he spoke, "I...cheated."

He felt her hand tense immediately in his own; Siwon couldn't even look at her face, he was terrified to do so. He stared down at the wooden table and bit his lip as he felt her soft hand retreat from his.

"W-what?"

He could hear the pain in her voice and it killed him. He slowly moved his gaze from the table to her face, and had to bite his lip again as he saw tears of her own b her usually cheerful brown eyes. It hurt more than ever to see her this way, and it took everything he had to not sob uncontrollably as he answered, "In all honesty...there is no excuse for what I did. Any other man would blame the alcohol, but I know that's not a real excuse. It all just happened so fast. The whole time I was there, all I could think of was you, and how I wanted you to be there. I guess that, mixed with the alcohol and a random girl coming onto me, it just...happened. I just want you to know...I'm sorry. I should have never done it, and if I could take it back...I would in an instant."

He heard her let out a shaky sigh, "I-I'm sorry. I have to go."

She immediately stood up and walked out of the small coffee shop. He knew she was crying. He knew she was completely heartbroken. And it was all his fault, every bit of it. A tear slowly made it's way down his cheek, and more followed as he tried his hardest to hold back his sobs. Seven years, and he let it all slip through his fingers.

------------------------------------------------------

Well, there's the Siwon oneshots. As I said before, Teukie is next :D so please watch for those. If you want to be notified when I post those, subscribe to this set and I will be posting the link for those when I finish them in the "Final" chapter. Please leave feedback, I'd like to know if these were at least acceptable ;>.>. These were most definitely not my best work...that'll shine through with the Kyuhyun ones (seriously, that playlist = amazing). Other ones I think you guys should definitely be anticipated for are: Zhou Mi, Yesung, Eunhyuk, HanGeng, and Sungmin. Those playlists for them are also really good, and I'm hoping they'll turn out as well as I think they will. All the others most likely won't be my best work, but I'll try my hardest u.u I promise.

Please leave feedback, yes? :3