Sweetheart, What Have You Done To Us

It's Complicated [INDEFINITE HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"If all you wanted was songs for you
Here goes, after all that you put me through
Here’s one for you"
-KEATON HENSON, SWEETHEART WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US

 

“That shirt barely fits you now, you should give it to Jungmin—“

 

Cue the sounds of tearing papers.

 

“Ahhh, toys for Christmas! You’d like same toys, right? Red for you and blue for Jungmin!” he cheers with a wide grin on his face.

 

Next the untangling of lights from the short trees.

 

“We’re just going window shopping, don’t make me buy things we don’t really need, okay?”

 

 And the sounds of detaching tapes, more rustling and ripping plastic.

 

“Don’t give them everything Mingyu! They have to work for it.” He giggles sickeningly sweet. “Oh my youngest Jungminnie~ why are you giving Umma such looks. My baby should get a reward for being this cute~!”

 

Then came the chair harshly colliding against the picket fence of the backyard.

 

“I—“

 

Stomp.

 

“Don’t—“

 

Stomp.

 

“Want—“

 

Stomp.

 

“You—“

 

Stomp.

 

“Growing—“

 

Stomp.

 

“Up—“

 

Stomp.

 

“As—“

 

Stomp.

 

“A—“

 

Stomp.

 

“SPOILED!!!—“

 

Scream.

 

“CHILD!!”

 

He continues kicking his feet into the air as well as down the Styrofoam letters until the letter O’s and W’s weren’t recognizable anymore. He screams out in frustration; angry tears rolling down his reddened cheeks. “You’re so ing unfair!” he seethes as he messily wipes down the tear stains with his sleeve. “So unfair.” He sobs, wasting previous effort of wiping up his face.

 

---

 

Seunghan suddenly pauses the game out of nowhere, making Wooseung whine loudly. The youngest then started to complain on how the eldest just paused the game to mock him because he’s obviously the one losing for the fifth time that night. “It’s not that.” Seunghan says in a serious tone and looks in his father’s way. “Someone’s calling me. Jeongsoo, please use my controller.” He says and hands the controller to the younger before excusing himself out the door.

 

“Hyung—“ hiccups we’re heard from the other line. “—Hyung please come here and help me.” Seokhwee cries, seemingly in panic; something Seunghan was used to hear and witness. It was not something trivial and he knew that all too well. After all, it’s been years since they we’re each other’s shoulders to lean on. And even if it’s only Seokhwee who does really rely on the older, Seunghan couldn’t care less. He promised to always be there and never leave nor replace him. He could guarantee that his promise won’t ever be broken; at least until now—it’s that way.

 

“Where are you right now?” he asks the hiccupping man and bites down on his lower lip as he waits for the answer.

 

“I’m at home, alone.” Came the reply, “Umma is heading home in a few minutes along with Jungmin and Haru as well so I can’t really leave home. I also need help with some stuff. Tell uncle Jeonghan you’re going to help me fix TV or something.”

 

As always, Seunghan didn’t need to sort out his thoughts and weigh his priorities. He immediately ended the call with a quick ‘wait for me’, before going back to the living room. Seungcheol was the one to inquire about the matter since Jeonghan is busy playing the game with his brothers.

 

“Something you need help with?” His father raised a curious eyebrow, eyes trailed on the phone in his eldest son’s hand as he waited for words to come out of his mouth.

 

“It’s Seokhwee, Dad.” Said the boy.

 

A small sigh was heard and Joshua seemed to have noticed as he was now walking closer to their direction in a slow manner. “I know.” Seungcheol said sternly. “I was asking you what the matter is.”

 

“He needs help with house chores, plus he’s alone at home, so yeah. He needs company—Dad, don’t look at me like that, I’m not going there to do something naughty.” He mutters grumpily under his breath so only Seungcheol and Joshua would hear.

 

“Well, if you won’t look at it that way, the boy is indeed alone and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter