Trouble

It's Complicated [INDEFINITE HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm in trouble
I'm so cliché
See that word just wears me out
Makes me feel like just another boy
To laugh and joke about"
-NEVERSHOUTNEVER, Trouble

“Wooseung, you idiot! You almost forgot your jacket again.” Seunghan sighs by the doorway as he makes his way towards his younger brother and puts on his jacket for him. “What will mom say if you caught a cold again like last time?”

 

“Sorry hyung, it always slipped my mind~” the younger cheekily excuses and lets out a snicker which made him earn a slightly rough knuckle rub on his head. “Yah!”

 

Seunghan laughs as he hugs the younger in a form of a chokehold before releasing him. The nineteen year old made his way to the door to grab hold of their dad’s car keys. Wooseung looked at his brother with playfully narrowed eyes. “I got my license yesterday, in case you didn’t know.” Seunghan said proudly, chest puffed.

 

“You don’t have a car yet, just so you know.” Came a deep voice from the kitchen. Seungcheol was wearing the usual white t-shirt and loose track pants, a mug full of black coffee was on his right hand. The aroma made the living room smell like a call center on graveyard shift but not that anyone minded. He had his teasing expression on his face, a corner of his lip curved upward in a smirk as he looked at his two sons by the door. “I’m driving.” He says, making Seunghan squint at him. “Don’t get all too excited to fetch your brother in the airport. It’s still two and a half hours early.” He looks at the desk clock on top of the shoe rack.

 

“But what about traffic?” Wooseung pouts as he gestures to his dad’s clothes. “You take a long time to finish your coffee and more time when you take a shower.”

 

Seunghan dangles the keys on his finger and grins. “He will take an even longer shower because he wants to outdo Uncle Joshua.”

 

The tip of Seungcheol’s ears had turned a deep shade of red when he was caught by his eldest son but he isn’t one to admit. Seungcheol is Seungcheol after all. “I don’t have such intentions.” He defends himself although his tone is a bit off and maybe even be considered slightly awkward.

 

“Yeah? Last year, you poured the whole bottle of perfume on your clothes.” Seunghan and Wooseung laughed out loud.

 

Indeed, that really happened. Call Seungcheol childish but he can’t help deal with the tinge of insecurity in him. Joshua is the father of the Choi son’s favorite brother Jeongsoo. Joshua is everyone’s favorite. He is very kind, soft-spoken, forgiving and he goes to church every Sunday. He also excels in his profession, teaching Literature at a well-known university in Los Angeles. Joshua knows how to cook well in contrast to Seungcheol who almost burnt the house down when he volunteered to make dinner for the family.

 

Seungcheol’s better at driving, making coffee and stuff that requires more brawn. He finished architectural engineering though so it’s really possible that he’s more intelligent that the other but he just doesn’t really act like one or can’t for that matter. He was deemed immature for his own age as he and his batch mates were slightly deprived of their early years, having been parents at such young ages.

 

“Dad.” Wooseung snaps Seungcheol out of his trance. “You still need to finish your coffee and take a shower. We should be there at least an hour early.”

 

Seungcheol blinks in a dumbfounded manner as he looked at the now slightly cold cup of coffee in his hand but he finished it in one go, nevertheless. He shakes his head at himself as he walks upstairs to fix himself up but not before he points a finger at Seunghan to place back the car keys at the door.

 

Seunghan and Wooseung looked at each other with -eating grins as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter