Habits

It's Complicated [INDEFINITE HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"I rather wish that you were having a rougher time
I want you to think of me
Because it’s hard
I want to be okay too"
-SEVENTEEN, HABITS

 

“Hey, about what happened last night–“

 

“Shut up Jeonghan.” Both Seungcheol and Joshua said in unison. All three had their day off since they planned on taking the kids later to the amusement park to bond over things. Joshua was currently preparing snacks and juices for the two hour trip, while Seungcheol was lazing on the couch after setting up the van and Jeonghan, well, a sloth as usual.

 

Seungcheol and Joshua had woken up cuddling each other and if not for Jeonghan forgetting to turn off his camera’s flash, they wouldn’t have woken up so early. Jeonghan even drove the kids to school and Jeongsoo to an art workshop and when he got back they were still asleep. He couldn’t really guess how comfortable were the two was, but he knows they really were.

 

Joshua sported a sore back because Seungcheol had kicked him away from shock. Seungcheol was no better as he was hit on the jaw with Joshua’s elbow.

 

All of that happened because Jeonghan wanted to sleep in between them again but then sneaked out to grab coffee at midnight. Seungcheol happened to seek for Jeonghan and ended up spooning Joshua’s smaller frame.

 

“My shirt still stinks of his cologne.” Joshua pouts childishly and sneers at Seungcheol.

 

“I smell good, baby adult.”

 

“That’s a new insult.”

 

“Shut up Jeonghan.” Both Seungcheol and Joshua scolded again.

 

“But really though, it wasn’t nice~?” Jeonghan snickers at the two and he received taken aback looks from them both.

 

“NO!”

 

Jeonghan’s laugh spread throughout the whole house from how loud it is, stopping only when they heard the unmistakable ringtone of Seungcheol’s phone. Both Joshua and Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol questioningly since they knew that the older didn’t have any work at the day, having asked for an off to spend with their kids. Both we’re worried that there’s an emergency work again for him.

 

Seungcheol sighed and picked up his phone, eyes widening when he saw that it was Jihoon who was calling him and not anyone from his work. He frowned in confusion as he answered the call, the frown getting stronger when he finally heard Jihoon’s voice. The small man is in distress.

 

“Cheol, Wooseung got mauled by a pitbull. We’re at the hospital– I don’t know– he’s in a lot of pain, Cheol, please come over!” Jihoon isn’t crying. He doesn’t cry. But Seungcheol knows that the small male is at the verge of letting his tears fall since he had heard a hiccup from the other line.

 

“What’s wrong?” Joshua was the first one to ask.

 

“We need to go to the hospital quick. Wooseung was attacked by a dog.” Seungcheol gripped his phone tightly and Jeonhan started to panic as well. His precious darling.

 

Joshua took the initiative to drive, having the calmer state to lock up the house before they drove to the hospital, straight for the emergency room. Jihoon was there at the waiting room, eyes on the floor, hands trembling. He looks up when he hears the rushed steps, seeing both a sweaty Jeonghan and Seungcheol together with Joshua tailing behind them. There were still no tears in his eyes, but they were glossy when he stands up.

 

“Jihoon, where is he?” Jeonghan asks, worry all over his face.

 

He stares up at Jeonghan and purses his lips before speaking in a quiet voice. “He’s in one of the rooms.”

 

As if on cue, the doctor looking for Wooseung’s parents chimed in. “Choi Wooseung’s parents?”

 

“Here, doctor.” All four answered and the other people in the room stared at them in mild curiosity. Anyone would wonder how a child could have four parents, of course.

 

Joshua was the first one yet again to confront the doctor and discuss him the state of the boy. By luck, the dog managed to avoid sinking its teeth in Wooseung’s neck deeply but his jugular was slightly grazed and he would need a neck brace for weeks. Joshua nodded and relayed the information to the other three.

 

“How could this happen…?” Jihoon sighs, blaming himself.

 

Seungcheol pulled the smaller male close to him and kept his head close to his study chest. “He’s fine now, Hoon-ah. It’s going to be okay, there’s no operation, just stitches.” He assures the male for him to calm down.

 

“There was a lot of blood…”

 

“It’s taken care of, now, Hoon-ah, don’t worry too much.” Seungcheol whispers atop Jihoon’s head.

 

Jeonghan watches the sight unfold before him and he knew best not to be petty about the matter when Joshua himself hugged him close as wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter