All I Want

It's Complicated [INDEFINITE HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die as a happy man I'm sure"
-KODALINE, ALL I WANT

 

It’s the morning after he sent off the boys to school and Jeongsoo to Hongdae, Joshua hums as he scans through the pages of the magazine on his lap, patiently waiting in the living room for the chicken fillets to finish baking in the oven for him and Seungcheol to consume. He looks up when he hears the front door open, seeing Seungcheol walk lazily towards the kitchen from the doorway. The man looked tired and there were bags under his eyes compared to yesterday before he went to work for emergency. Joshua purses his lips, thinking of something to say as it was another of those occasions where they get left alone in the house. Seungcheol’s work doesn’t have a regular timeframe apart from Jeonghan’s and the boys have school at regular so this always happens. Sometimes they don’t talk and sometimes they do, it’s just that it’s mostly about trivial things– none too personal nor casual since that only happens when Jeonghan is with them.

 

“Tired from work?” Joshua didn’t really need to ask such thing as it was evident all over the man’s face and expression. He figured that it was a good thing to break the ice first though.

 

Seungcheol, now with a steaming cup of coffee in his hand, nods. “The intern who we assumed best in his work turns out to be an actual fraud and we had to redo the full blueprint. The fact that the blueprint isn’t computer generated made it hard for the team to redo, especially for me to redo.” He lets out a long drawn sigh as he walks to the living room where Joshua is. He places his cup on the center table and sits half an arm away from Joshua. “You, how’s the seminar yesterday?”

 

“It’s all good, the other speakers didn’t give me a bad time and the students listened to me attentively which was really great.” He smiles but a frown slowly makes its way on his brows when he smells the strong scent of coffee. He knew then that it wasn’t the decaf Jeonghan likes to drink. “Aren’t you going to get some sleep? You need rest, Seungcheol. Don’t drink coffee.”

 

Seungcheol frowns as well and lets out a low groan. “If I fall asleep, I feel like I won’t wake up again.” He slightly whines out.

 

“You’ll feel more of that if you wait until later to slee– oh…” He stops speaking when he feels the weight of Seungcheol’s head on his lap, hand automatically removing the magazine gently from under and then coming back to brush the soft dark brown locks with his fingers. “I’ve always kept mum about thinking of this but you actually are cute. There’s no questions as to how Hannie came to love someone like you.” He smiles, genuine as can be.

 

---

 

It’s ‘The Day’ and it’s a wonder how Wonwoo could look so calm, even managing not to spill anything on himself at lunch time. The reason is actually because he’s at work and he doesn’t want his subordinates and other colleagues to see him panicking over such thing. It was his own private matter and he doesn’t want people gossiping about him more so, prying in his life to get some juicy details to talk about at lunch. He stares at the wallpaper of his laptop, a picture of him and his sons huddled together at the backyard of their home– Mingyu is obviously missing. He lets out a small sigh and starts exploring the folders that contained photos of him, family and friends. Wonwoo sets them on slideshow before taking a sip of his coffee that the intern prepared for him after lunch.

 

He only needs to wait for three hours more before he goes to Mingyu’s company and wait he does.

 

Wonwoo scans the questionnaire once more absentmindedly before looking up and pausing the slideshow when it unexpectedly shows his and Mingyu’s wedding photo. His eye doesn’t widen but he stared frozen in his seat, gaze fixed on the picture showing him and Mingyu clad in crisp white suits, Wonwoo holding a bouquet of white lilies and red roses mixed together beautifully. A red orchid corsage pinned on Mingyu’s chest pocket. All visible flower arrangements were designed together by Mingyu and Seungcheol who focused mainly on the majestic white branch arch filled with white roses, baby’s breath and buckwheat flowers all over. It was a beautiful wedding no one could ever forget. 

 

Especially their wedding vows…

 

---

 

“You had the widest eyes ever when we were finally introduced to each other.” Mingyu bites down on his lower lip as he smiles unsurely because he doesn’t know if what he will say will be appropriate for the event. He looks at Wonwoo who urges him to go on with his speech with an encouraging smile on his face, a small chuckle as well. “I thought that was maybe because you weren’t expecting me to wear a ridiculous outfit, but it was actually because I ordered sushi and that you were allergic to seafood. We ended up ordering a different dish for you to eat and then we talked… and then you told me that you really loved my outfit– especially the My Chemical Romance t-shirt that I wore. I didn’t talk much but it turned out quite well because you kept talking and praising me how good of a listener I was, h-having higher grades than you do–“ Lots of chuckles could be heard from the crowd and Wonwoo playfully warns Mingyu that he will pinch him later. “–you also told me that I look good, a-and also about you not minding me being a fettucine noodle because your favorite dish is fettuccini.” Mingyu pauses and mouths ‘help me here’ to Wonwoo who shook his head in reply with a devious smile on his face. “I loved how you managed to keep all of the pressed flowers I have given you, and even framed them complete with dates. I love a lot of things about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter