K.O. 7

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber's POV

I was so happy on our way this affordable canteen near our school, especially with the fact that I was walking beside Krystal, that I didn’t notice the my friends exchanging teasing smirks with Luna and Sulli. I'm sure it’s too obvious that I'm enjoying this too much, with all my giddy attitude and wide grin on my face, while having some random talk, mainly with Krystal. Well we started the conversation with school stuff – subjects, gossips, terror teachers, cool teachers.

As soon as we stepped inside, we were welcomed by Victoria unnie, the daughter of the owner of the canteen. They are Chinese, who immigrated years ago here in Seoul, and are good cooks. They offer not only authentic Chinese food, but also great Korean foods.

“Omo, Amber, Kris, Jooyoung! You brought some new friends?” She greeted.

“Ah, yes unnie. These are Krystal, Sulli and Luna. They are one year our junior.” I introduced, our pertaining to Kris and I, as Jooyoung is also our junior.

The three ladies then greeted her with a bow, each introducing their names.

“Welcome pretty ladies! My name is Song Qian, but I prefer to be called by my English name, Victoria. I was an alumna of your school,” Vic unnie introduced. “Come in and have a seat. These kids are regulars here, so they’ll fill you up with what are the must-try dishes. I’m sorry if I won’t be able to entertain you much as it's dinner time and we're a bit packed.”

“Ah, no, it’s okay Vic-unnie,” answered Luna. “We understand. Don’t bother too much,” She assured. Vic unnie then gave us the menu and then left to take some orders from another table.

“Woah! They must really have some good food here.” Sulli, who was seated beside Krystal, who was also seated beside me, expressed.

“True to that. Amber also enjoys the Chinese food here. She said it felt like home.” Kris stated. He sat in front of me, with Jooyoung seated between him and Luna.

“Oh, now that you've mentioned it, are you Chinese Am?” Luna asked. She was seated in front of Sulli.

I then noticed how they all looked at me, but what made me happier was the fact that Krystal also turned to me, interested.

“I'm Taiwanese. My father's grandfather migrated from Taiwan to Busan and married a Korean. My father however, met my mother when he went to Taiwan back in his early 20’s to try his luck in the basketball league there. Sadly, right before his debut in a professional team, he had a major injury, completely shattering his dreams as a basketball player. They then decided to go back here in Korea for good after getting married for a year, my mother already pregnant with me for a few weeks. My father decided to take charge of the small farm since my grandparents were getting older. So yeah, my father always say I was made in Taiwan.” I explained them, laughing on the last sentence I added to lighten up the dramatic story of how I was made.

“So it’s your father, who became your mentor in basketball, wasn’t he?” Luna asked.

“Yes, he was. He saw that I had interest when I watched some kids playing, when I was like 3 years old. So he taught me all of the basics as early as 3.” I answered.

“Hmm… Soojung here also started training taekwondo since 3 years old. But she was exposed to it since birth!” Sulli informed.

“Exposed since birth?” asked Kris.

“According to my mother, my father always brings me to the dojang since I was a baby.” Krystal explained. “He then bought me a small punching bag when I was 2, telling me how to kick. When I was 3, he started teaching me the basics. I was a fast learner according to him. I was already a blackbelt as early as 9 years old.”

“Woah! That was so cool!” I expressed in awe. “That means you’re already competing too, right?”

“Yes she was!” Luna answered for her. “And she was winning!”

“And she also started some endorsements of milk and sports wear for kids.” Sulli added.

That time, Krystal was already blushing out of em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter