K. O. 10

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV
The next morning, Amber woke up early full of energy, excited to run. She had never been so excited for a morning exercise until today. A few meters from the oval, she already saw Soojung walking from the opposite side. She waved and smiled at her as soon as she caught sight of her. After putting their bags in one of the benches nearby, they warmed up and ran. The whole exchange was photographed perfectly by Sulli, supervised by Luna.

“I feel like a paparazzi doing this.” Sulli stated.

“We are indeed doing some paparazzi moves. But we are not invading their privacy. We are simply taking candid pictures of them looking like a cute campus couple, promoting physical activity, especially our school’s oval. Look at their faces while running. They don’t even look exhausted even after 30 minutes of running. They’re enjoying this too much, I can’t help myself but ship them.” Luna expressed with a mischievous smile.

True enough, after a few editing later that day, Sulli passed the photos they chose to Luna. The latter looked so excited as she saw the end product of their paparazzi move. She then asked another student to use the photos and use them as banners in their school paper’s website as ad in their newspaper. She also asked their principal’s permission to use the photos to promote the school’s varsity team and sports programs.
----------------------------------------------
Amber’s POV

Today is the first day of the Taekwondo match. Our school’s team will compete for the qualifying round. I asked our teacher and principal if Kris and I can be excused so we can watch their game and support the team. Most especially Soojung of course. And since our team won the first game, they allowed us to do so, but our teachers gave us special assignments that we need to pass to compensate for the lectures that we would miss.

That is why I’m here right now at the venue. Multiple mats were placed on the floor. Different teams were already starting when Kris and I got inside. We looked for our school’s logo and sat on the seats nearby. From a corner not so far from the play area, there I saw Soojung with Yuri and Jessica unnie. They are helping her with the stretching. Soon, their coach approached them and showed them a paper, probably showing the schedule of matches. As he left, a familiar guy approached them and gave a bottle of water to Soojung. His back is really familiar. As he turned his head a bit, my good mood suddenly turned sour. Kris noticed my sudden change of mood so he traced my line of vision and saw the reason of my behavior.

“Looks like the oppa is also here to take care of her,” he teased.

“You are such a friend.”

“Come on, Am. Who knows, he’s only here for support… just support.” He comforted, patting lightly my back. “Hey look! Looks like the match is going to start.” 

We watched almost all of Soojung’s games as well as the other representative of our school as well. As expected, Soojung nailed every opponent and beat them into pulp. Well, not exactly like that, but the point difference is really… Wow! No wonder she also competes in the Olympics. Somewhere in the middle of her last match, Yuri unnie saw me sitting, watching Soojung from afar. She gestured me to go near them, but shook my head. Our little interaction made Jessica unnie look towards me. As soon as she landed her gaze on me, I stupidly rose up and bowed to her, causing Kris to feel embarrassed, pulling me down to my seat. Sadly, before the match could even end, Kris and I received a message from our coach, telling us that we’re going to have a short meeting after t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter