K.O. 3

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ah! You're that guy! Blackeye!!!" She exclaimed before giggling as she walked out of the store.

 

It was an embarrassing way of being remembered, especially if the reason behind the said black eye was none other than Soojung herself, who also happened to be Amber's ultimate crush. But seeing and hearing her giggle like that made the tomboy grin to herself like a kid, who just got her favorite candy.

 

"Tsk tsk, I can't believe you're so smitten to the girl." A female voice uttered, who turned out to be Yuri.

 

"I am n-... Well you can say that." Amber was about to deny, but with the way she's been acting lately, she ended up admitting the fact that the girl has been making her crazy for a while now.

 

Yuri then put over the counter a couple of meat buns, a diet soda and a box of milk before looking around the area. Upon noticing that there weren't any customers, she invited the tomboy to join her and someone, whom she likes to introduce to Amber, outside for some midnight snacks. She then looked at her book and noticed that she's already read more than half of what she's supposed to read, so she agreed. It's not like she will be out of the store premises. Besides, they will even seat just in front of the door so that the tomboy will see if a customer will go in. But just to make sure, she went to Key and informed him that she'll just be outside the door.

 

Once outside the convenience store, she immediately spotted Yuri sitting with a girl, with her back facing her, so she couldn't see her face. As soon as her instructor saw her, Yuri stood up and pointed at the seat beside her, which is also in front of the girl with Yuri.

 

"So, now that you're here, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Sooyeon. Sooyeon this is Amber, one of the students in the Taekwondo school." She introduced, excluding the girl's surname and the fact that she's the older sister of the girl, who Amber likes.

 

"Oh, nice to meet you, Sooyeon unnie." Amber responded before bowing in front of the older girl.

 

"It's nice to meet you too, Amber." Sooyeon responded.

 

"Well, how about we start our snack. I'm pretty hungry already." Yuri spoke as she opened the box of milk and put it in front of Sooyeon before opening her own can of soda, a gesture that Amber found to be sweet and thoughtful.

 

"Yuri told me that you joined the taekwondo school because of your crush, is it true?" The girl in front of her asked even before the tomboy was able to take a bite of her sandwich.

 

Putting down her food, Amber answered, "Hmm.. Well at first it was my sole reason. But after almost a month, I actually found it fun. It was like another world from my usual school-basketball-work routine...

 

... It's somehow... refreshing," the tomboy stated.

 

With a proud smile, Yuri patted the short-haired girl's shoulder. "Being a basketball player, Amber's reflexes are a bit more advanced than the others. She's a fast learner."

 

However, the girl in front of Amber was silent, as if there's still something that she wanted to ask. With that, the girl took a sip on her drink before asking, "Why her, though? I mean, you know how people say she's scary and cold, or a snob since she's a gold medalist and pretty."

 

With a smile, Amber's eyes shone as she answered the question. "I like how her eyes shine whenever she smiles genuinely with her friends. It makes my heart flutter. But it was that serious look in her eyes every time she's training or competing that gave a whole new level of inspiration in my heart and soul. I mean, that look that tells you 'I will win because I trained harder than you,' that made me admire her. She makes me want to work harder too. She gave new meanings to my everydays."

 

Yuri meanwhile couldn't believe that the tomboy was this head over heels to Soojung. At first she wanted to laugh with how she looked while explaining to Sooyeon why she likes her younger sister. But the supposed to be laughter turned to be admiration to the way Soojung made a change to the tomboy's life without her even knowing.

 

"Are you going to confess your feelings?" Yuri asked.

 

"That... I'm not sure yet." Amber answered as she bowed her head.

 

Sooyeon was silent for a moment before finding the words to say. "Well, all I can say is... GOODLUCK. If you confess, the road to your "championship" won't be easy." The girl then looked at her watch before grabbing her purse. "It's getting late, Yul. I better go home. You too," she said, motioning to leave. "It's nice meeting you, Amber."

 

The tomboy once again smiled before bowing down. "It was nice meeting you too, Sooyeon unnie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter