[I.O.I] Chungha x You (Jaeyoo/Jae)

Dynamic Fantasies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's just a passing downpour.

It's how I feel

after I met you...

 

Despite the rough weather, Chungha wanted to visit her family today back in Seoul. She used the train so that it wouldn't take her long to reach her destination. Before being a trainee in her company, Chungha had many dance lessons which burdened her finances. She took into considerations to quit dancing for her family, but instead her family has seen the passion Chungha places in her dancing and decided to continue paying for the lessons. Now that Chungha has earned money from her success in I.O.I, she wanted to give back something, as thanks for the family support she recieved.

Her plan soon came to a halt as she noticed the sudden panic in people's eyes. Shrieks, cries, and a bunch of movement filled within the small compact of the train. Chungha, who was originally sitting, stood up to follow what was going on. Looking out from the window, Chungha was shocked to see that the first section of the train was crushed by a transmission tower. Then, she sees above her sight that another transmission tower was slowly about to crush their section of the train. Moving her way through the people, Chungha tried to find her way to go to the next section of the train. However, with many people shoving their way to the next section, Chungha couldn't pass through the crowd. Panicking, Chungha was restless as she didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. She was startled when all the sudden she felt someone hold her hand.

"Let's go." Chungha was being dragged to the other side of where the crowd was, until she stopped to question the stranger.

"What are you doing?!" Chungha glared at the female, who she noticed didn't have an uneasy expression. Rather, it scared her a bit at how calm the stranger was despite the life-death situation.

"Do you want to live or die?" Chungha stared at the stranger weirdly.

 

What kind of question are you- Yes I want to live! Isn't that obvious?!

 

Chungha simply nodded, staying silent. She didn't have the energy, nor the time to argue with the stranger.

"Then trust me." The stranger continued to drag her to the other side, leaving Chungha to hesitantly follow.

"Now go through here." The stranger prompted as she pointed at a gap of the train.

"Wha-"

"Hurry." The stranger lightly pushed the female to go forward, causing Chungha to quickly go through the gap. After going through the gap, Chungha finds herself suddenly being in the area outside of the train, feeling the small raindrops pour down to her from the weather. She then notices that the cause of the gap was due to the previous transmission tower.

"Run!" Chungha hears the voice of the stranger, but before she could respond, the transmission tower had already crushed the section of the train, causing the train to send out the small pieces of metal that cuts part of Chungha's skin. As the rain makes her blood flow down, Chungha was more concerned of the stranger who had initially saved her.

"Yah...YAH!!" Chungha never had the chance to know the stranger's name, but she screamed at the top of her lungs, consciously aware that without the stranger's assistance, she would have been crushed along with the people inside of the train.

"Can you not...scream please. ... It hurts my brain." Chungha heard the faint voice, finding out that the stranger was still alive inside the train.

"Also..I'd be great if you called an ambulance right about now."

 

When the rain stops,

let's meet again.

We will smile again and be together.

 

The hospital was fully occupied with doctors, surgeons, and nurses rushing through a bunch of operations to help possible survivors of the accident. After news spread about the train accident, Chungha received a bunch of calls from her friends, where each time she assured to them that she was alright. The hospital helped Chungha with her small cuts, but afterwards she was told that she was able to leave, since it was minor compared to the other bloody patients. Chungha hoped to meet and at least thank the stranger once again for helping her, but after searching through the hospital, she couldn't find the latter. Sighing in defeat, Chungha went on her way to proceed with her plan on meeting her family. She knew that she didn't have much time, since later on in the day she had a concert for I.O.I, which lead her to having this opportunity in the first place.

 

...

Love you mom

Love you too sweetie. I'm happy for you that your dream is coming true.

On her way to the concert after meeting her family, Chungha couldn't help but to slightly tear up from her mother's words. Wiping her tear drop with her hand, Chungha adjusted her seating for her own comfort, using a taxi to head to her destination rather than the train. After that accident, Chungha wanted to avoid using the train as much as possible.

When Chungha finally arrived at her destination, her members tackled her with a tight hug.

"CHUNGHA'S ALIVE!! I REPEAT, CHUNGHA'S ALIVE!" Somi exclaimed in English while the other members gave their dramatic weeping.

"Yah! I spoke with you all awhile ago!" Chungha rolled her eyes, but regardless returned each hugs of her fellow members.

"Manager-nim said that you and someone else needs to be interviewed by the reporters. News spread fast about you being in the train." Doyeon stated, Chungha nodding in response as she heads to do her quick interview.

 

Someone famous was in the train?

 

Several names came into Chungha's mind, but she never expected to see the one that saved her from the whole incident to be there.

"Jae! How were you able to deal with such a crisis moment?"

"Were you in that train to arrive here?"

"Will you be able to perform today for your first performance after debut?"

Jaeyoo felt uncomfortable with all these reporters surrounding her with questions. Being a new artist as part of SM entertainment, she knew that she had to be careful with her response, for the sake of her company. The latter took the safe route and simply nodded without a word spoken. Jaeyoo then glances to the female's direction, making eye contact with Chungha who had arrived to the interview. By then, the reporters notice the female's presence and went to surround her as well. Both females give each other an awkward smile before answering to the reporters in their own way, trying to end the interview as soon as possible.

 

...

"Jaeyoo-ssi right?" After both of the artists' performances, Chungha approached the latter, who was watching the current performer through the television screen. Jaeyoo glanced at the female and nodded in response.

"Yes?"

"I-I" Making eye contact with the latter, Chungha felt her face suddenly heat up. She only had to say two words: 'Thank you' yet at this moment she became shy for some reason.

"T-thank you..for you know..saving me back then.."

"Mhm."

"Chungha!" Yoojung called to the female, discussing about eating out at a resturant with all the members after the concert. Once Yoojung returned back to their waiting room, Chungha faced the latter, who she saw focus her attention back to the tv screen.

"Jaeyoo-ssi?" Chungha tried to get the latter's attention back, which worked as Jae glanced at the female.

"Would you like to come eat with us?"

"Ah, no I-"

Chungha grabbed ahold of the latter's arm, interrupting her response.

"I insist! I'm sure that the restaurant we're going to has something you would like..hopefully." As soon as Chungha finished her response, Jae felt her own stomach growl. Fortunately for her, the female wasn't able to hear it due to the loud music from the current performer. Sighing in defeat, Jae nods in response, following the female who was pulling her arm.

 

...

After Chungha convinced Jae's manager to take along the latter, Jae was able to join I.O.I in eating for lunch. While the group had their small conversations amongs themselves, Jae stayed silent and simply took small bites of the sweet and sour pork the group ordered. It stayed like that for awhile until Sejeong asked the latter a question, which caught everyone's attention. Especially Chungha's attention.

"Are you okay Jaeyoo? How are your wounds?" Jae quickly chewed her food and swallowed before responding.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Is it true that you were like a prince when saving Chungha?" Mina questioned with curiosity. Chungha, who was drinking from a glass of water almost spits out her drink.

"A-ani." Jae shakes her head while the members began to tease Mina.

"Yah, what kind of question is that?"

"Maybe Mina wants to meet her prince haha."

"What? No!" I.O.I's silly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter