Oodles and Doodles [MarkTen]

Cinnamon Wind

Request for Licht_2303: Mark wants Ten to teach him how to draw. But Ten ended up drawing Mark's in sketchbook by himself.
P.s i love you~ <3

 


 

Mark pouted. He stared at the blank sketch book with an empty mind. The end of his pencil repeatedly hit the center of the page, slowly decorating the page with light gray streaks and dots. His eyes followed the pencil as it bobbed up and down in a fast tempo.

 

He simply didn't know what to draw. He was in such a crafty and artsy mood when he saw Yuta teaching Johnny how to make an origami crane out of the corner of his eye. Chenle and Sicheng were even making paper lanterns, and coloring them as well!

 

But the moment he picked up a pencil and opened up his sketch pad, he got nothing. There was no creativity flowing through his brain. The young boy let out a huge sigh as his head made contact with the table. He gripped at his hair as if his hair was the secret to creativity.

 

"Markie, are you okay?" A bright, yet delicate voice called out to him. Mark peered up and found Ten curiously looking down at him. Ten's bottom lip jutted out at the slightest bit as the older boy tilted his head to the side in confusion.

 

"Ah, hi Ten-hyung. And yes I'm okay, I just don't know what to do... Do you mind teaching me how to draw something?" He said as he gestured to his sketchbook. A small frown grew on Mark's face when he looked back down at the blank sheets of paper. Untouched, smooth white paper that was just begging to be covered in oils, paints, graphite, ink, anything that would give it some character besides plain old boring white.

 

Ten let out a small gasp of realization. The daycare owner's son then ran to the activities shelf, the place where the kids could grab art supplies and, in Johnny's words, "Glob a bunch of stuff together and call it art!"

 

He returned with a small colored pencil and pastels pack in his hands. Ten kneeled down next to Mark, opening the pack and clapping his hands together. "Markie, you're now in Ten's art class! You may call me Mr. Chittaphon, Mister--"

 

"Can I just continue to call you Ten-hyung?" Mark said with a laugh at Ten's funny 'introduction'. "Hmm... If you can make me laugh, then you may call me Ten-hyung. But if you fail, you have to call me Mr. Chittaphon for the rest of your life!"

 

Mark let out a dramatic gasp as he looked at Ten with wide eyes. The older boy was trying his best not to laugh at Mark's surprised face, and gestured Mark to go on with the task.

 

An evil glint flashed in Mark's eyes when he raised his hands, wiggling his fingers as he approached Ten with a mischevious smile. "Ten-hyunnnggggg, you have a surprise from the... Tickle monster!" The younger boy tackled Ten. The second Mark's fingertips made contact with Ten's sides, he burst into laughter.

 

"O-Okay Markie, y-you're allowed to call m-me Ten-hyung during the lesson just stopticklingmebeforeIdie--!" Mark let Ten go with a small giggle. Ten's face was all red from the laughing, but his signature radiant smile was displayed on his face.

 

"So, Ten-hyung, can you teach me how to draw something now?" Mark asked with a satisfied grin. The latter nodded and picked up one of the pencils.

 

"So... Is there anything you want to learn how to draw or just freestyle?" He questioned. Mark looked up at the ceiling, thinking for a moment before deciding that he wanted to learn how to draw a dog.

 

"Ohh a doggy! That's pretty easy actually. First, you draw the body -- it looks like a sausage." Ten said as he dragged his pencil over the paper swiftly, making a shape that looked like a mix between a bean and a sausage. Mark tried his best to copy Ten, but it ended up looking more like a curved cylinder than a sausage like Ten described how it should be.

 

"And then next, you draw the head. You can like, draw an oval as a base and then carve it out more so it looks more like a dog's head. You can also add little triangles or more small ovals as the ears too." Ten's pencil lightly sketched out an oval shape, then making some straighter lines around the sides.

 

A furrow grew between Mark's brow as he followed Ten's directions. He kept messing up so he had to keep erasing his pencil lines. The fact that he drew the lines darker than Ten did, didn't help his case at all. "Markie, do you want some more time or do you want me to move on?"

 

Mark glanced up at Ten who was looking at Mark intensity. He quickly turned away and quickly muttered that he'd like more time. The giggle that left Ten's mouth was absolutely adorable. Or at least Mark thought it was.

 

The younger boy continued to "carve out" the dog's head like Ten told him to do so. There was just this one spot that he couldn't get right, and it bothered him if he left it the way it was (truly, he and Taeyong were siblings). He continued to work on that, while Ten drew some quick other sketches on the rest of the sheet.

 

From what Mark could tell from his quick glances, Ten had already drawn a butterfly on a flower. It was a very pretty butterfly too. The soft purples and blues pastels that decorated the butterfly's wings contrasted with the vibrant reds and yellows coloring the flower's petals. How he could draw that quickly with so much detail was a mystery to him.

 

"Okay, I'm done with the head. What's next?" Mark said. Ten hummed when he looked at Mark's sketch so far. The older boy nodded his head in approval before saying, "Next will be the neck! This is the easiest part, you just draw two curves, like this!" He quickly swiped his pencil over the paper, connecting the two parts elegantly.

 

Mark (luckily) didn't take long on this part. It was a matter of seconds before they moved on to the next step. "This is a bit tricky now. You have to draw two rectangles in the front, then shape them like legs." Ten explained slowly (both for his sake since his Korean wasn't as good as the other kids yet, and for Mark's sake).

 

He carefully drew them out. "And then you draw another rectangle behind each one of the front rectangles. Then you just shape them." Ten worked a tiny bit quicker, a little too quick for Mark. Once again, he fell behind Ten's rhythm. But, he honestly didn't mind. Watching Ten draw was quite nice; just seeing the colors blend together on the page.

 

Mark rested his head on his hands and watched Ten outline and color numerous things -- some simple and some complex. He gradually saw the page fill up with small sketches. There were cute kittens, a race car, and Pikachu, and he was sure Ten drew a caricature of him. The rectangular smile gave it away immediately.

 

Even Ten's hum grew into soft singing. Sure Mark couldn't exactly hear or understand what he was singing, but he thought it was beautiful nonetheless. He found himself watching Ten's pencil move across the page in a trance, with Ten's delicate voice as the background music.

 

"Markie? Markkiiiieeeeee are you okay? Helloooooooo??" Ten's hand waved in front of Mark's face. The younger boy blinked his eyes rapidly, looking at Ten who's eyes were filled with concern. "Don't worry Ten-hyung, I was watching you draw and I got distracted. And plus your singing too was pretty!" Mark exclaimed loudly. A few of the other kids glanced in their direction but their stares didn't hold for long. The younger then proceeded to rub the back of his neck in embarrassment as Ten's light laughter filled the air around them.

 

"It's fine Markie~ You can still watch me draw." Ten went back to drawing on the pages. Before they knew it, Ten had already filled up three whole pages with his drawings. Well, Mark did draw a tiny bit, and completed the dog with a lot of help from Ten (he just couldn't get those legs right, okay?).

 

The two were soon singing and humming songs together, or at least tried to follow each other while the other sang softly. Ten trying to follow what Mark was saying in English was cute when the elder stumbled on words. But in Ten's opinion, Mark stumbling upon Thai words was even better.

 

And that's what the two ended up doing for the rest of the day. Just watching Ten draw in Mark's sketchbook and laughing together. When it was time for the toddlers to go home (except for Ten since him mom owned the daycare), Mark happily walked next to Taeyong as their parents took them to the car.

 

Taeyong poked Mark's side and whispered, "Mark, what's that?" He pointed to the sketchbook Mark was holding close to his chest. Mark struggled to swallow the last bits of the cinnamon roll quickly as he tried to speak to his older brother, "I goph it foam Tang-hngg." Was what Taeyong thought Mark said. Their mom turned around and told Mark to finish chewing his food before talking to Taeyong, in which Taeyong just laughed while looking at Mark's flushed face.

 

"Delicious?" Taeyong asked Mark as he finished. His younger brother nodded his head before saying, "I got it from Ten-hyung. He drew in it, look!" He quickly flipped through the pages, the bright doodles catching Taeyong's eyes instantly.

 

"Woah, I didn't know Ten was so good at drawing." Taeyong made a small gasp as he traced one of Ten's drawings. "He's really good, hyung. Trust me." The older male could easily see Mark's bright rectangular smile through the dark as he spoke.

 


 

This ficlet was a request from one of my friends, Gita~ MarkTen needs to be loved more--
And Mark needs a freaking break. And Ten should have a comeback, SM like pls.
But I hope you liked this <3 I tried my best >.<

Holy crap though, this was longer than nearly everything else

Do y'all remember that moment where Ten told a fan to call him Mr. Chittaphon?? And then Taeyong called him Mr. Chittaphon-- I love them they're so kyute~~

Oh, and just a reminder that you can request. Just please give me a ship (preferably one that I haven't written yet) and a prompt/description and I'll try and write it asap~!