Puff The Magic Dragon [TenSol]

Cinnamon Wind

Edit: I forgot to put [TenSol] in the title like a derp--
I swear to you, I can remember stuff when I want to.

 


 

It was one of those days where Ten didn't know what to do. It seemed like all the other kids were doing their own thing; Sicheng was helping Kaicheng with stretching, Doyoung and Jaehyun were playing with the toy firetrucks, Mark and Jisung were being taught how to make origami ninja stars from Yuta. And then there was Ten, who was mindlessly wandering around the room wondering what to do.

 

He sat by one of the drawing tables, right next to where the bookshelf was. The little boy looked up at the bookshelf with curiosity. There was one book that caught his eye, and it was called "Puff The Magic Dragon" It was a maroon-colored, leather bound book, with the spine of the book covered in gold foiled lettering. It other words, it looked simply magical.

 

Ten looked up at the book which was perched up on one of the higher shelves. He tried standing on his tippy toes and used a chair as a stepping stool, but he still couldn't reach the book! He let out a frustrated sigh from all his failed attempts to reach the book. "Ten, do you need some help?" A deep voiced called out from behind him, startling the poor boy half way to death.

 

With his hand clutching his heart, he turned around to come face to face with Hansol who looked down at Ten with a curious glint in his eyes. The younger boy nodded his head shyly as he muttered a soft 'yes' and pointed to the book he wanted on top of the shelf. "I'm too short to reach it..." Ten's lips pursed together.

 

Hansol rubbed Ten's hair in pity before grabbing the chair Ten had used as a stepping stool. "I think I'm tall enough to reach it...!" He said with a huff as he leaned up against the shelf, arms outstretched as he reached for the book.

 

Ten watched in admiration as Hansol grabbed the book he desired and handed it to the younger boy. "Puff The Magic Dragon?" Hansol questioned. The younger boy's head bobbed cutely with a huge smile on his face.

 

"The side of the book looked really pretty! It's all shiny too~" Ten flipped the book to show Hansol the golden lettering on the side. The latter 'ohed' in amazement as he examined the book. Engraved on the cover of the book, was a large dragon right in the center of the book. The dragon looked high and mighty in Hansol's eyes, almost kingly but more caring in a way. Besides the great dragon, there was a small boy calmly leaning up against the dragon. Hansol's brows knit together in confusion, why wasn't he scared of the dragon? Now, this book had Hansol's attention.

 

"This looks interesting... Can I read it with you Ten-ah ?" He asked the younger boy. Ten's eyes lit up with joy, "Of course you can Hansol-hyung!" Ten then proceeded to drag Hansol to what his mommy called 'The Reading Area', where lots of colorful pillows were thrown together in the corner near the window.

 

The two flopped down onto the pillows, huddled together closely as they opened the book. (Writing this scene based off of the lyrics of the song, not the actual book :)

 

Hansol cleared his throat and leaned closer to read the words on the page,

 

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
in a land called Honnah
Lee

 

Ten's eyes sparkled with glee as he looked at the bright colors scattered all over the page. Beautiful reds, oranges, yellows, greens, and blues decorated the flimsy pieces of paper, with a large dragon named 'Puff' flying over the rippling waters. Hansol let out a small chuckle as soon as he saw Ten's reaction and flipped the page to read out the next part,

 

Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff, oh!

 

"The little boy looks so tiny compared to Puff!" Ten exclaimed. He pressed his pointer finger next to the boy; His finger was just about as big as the little boy! Ten then put his hand next to Puff and found that his hand was nearly Puff's size, but the dragon was bigger! "See Hansol-hyung? Jackie Paper is only the size of my finger, but Puff is bigger than my hand!" Ten exclaimed. Hansol hummed in acknowledgment and turned the next page.

 

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail
Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail
Noble kings and princes would bow 
whenever they came
Pirate ships would lower their flags when Puff roared out his name, oh!

 

The next page displayed a watercolored, small wooden boat with Jackie Paper floating inside of it, with Puff gliding next to him. There were also many other ships sailing on the waters with them, some very simple and tiny, others large and regal with a big red flag on top of the boat. The vast open sea glimmered with fish and pretty shells that Ten would have loved to pick up. "Now I wanna go sailing and find Puff and Jackie Paper..." Ten muttered to himself.

 

Hansol let out a laugh and patted Ten's arms, "We can all go sailing someday, alright?" Ten's response was muffled by the pillow, but he assumed it was a 'yes ' anyway and continued reading.

 

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
in a land called 
Honnah Lee

 

The next scene was similar to the first one, but this time Jackie Paper was riding on Puff's back. The little boy had a huge smile on his face as he and Puff zipped above the river. "They look really happy together, don't they?" Ten nodded, tracing Jackie Paper and Puff's silhouette with his finger. The Thai boy thought it looked like paradise -- just the two of them zooming around the air like that, without a care in the world.

 

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys
One 
gray night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar

 

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane
Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave
So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave, oh!

 

Gloomy skies and rain covered up the entire page. Puff's head peeked out of his cave, his head hanging down low as he looked up at the moon. Ten could feel his heart clench at the scene as a deep frown adorned his face. Jackie Paper was nowhere to be found, and Puff looked very sad without his little buddy.

 

Hansol noticed the dejected look on Ten's face. Ten's face was stuffed into the baby blue pillow as he gripped the soft cushion tightly. The older boy threw his arm over Ten's shoulders and whispered words of reassurance in Ten's ears, "It'll be okay Ten, I promise."

 

Ten's glossy eyes glanced at Hansol's, "B-But... Jackie Paper isn't visiting Puff anymore... And Puff looks so sad." His mood had dropped immensely after Hansol had read that part. "It's okay, see? Look at this page." Hansol pointed out.

 

But then a new boy came along
Humming and singing his song
The boy met Puff curled up in his cave
And soon, a new friendship bloomed and Puff's soul was saved

(I made this verse up-- )

 

There was now a different boy alongside Puff, and the two looked as happy as ever. The skies were once again a vibrant blue with fluffy cotton candy-like wisps drifted in the sky. Ten's frown turned upside down once he saw the cheerful scene on the page. The Thai clapped his hands happily and cheered softly, causing Hansol to let out a joyous laugh. "See? What did I tell you!"

 

"I'm just happy Puff was no longer sad in the end!" Ten said with a bright smile on his face. Hansol could feel his heart melt a tiny bit from the latter's radiant smile. Was it a good idea to call him a Smile Angel?

 

"I'm glad as well--" Hansol's voice was cut off by Yukhei's excited squeals. The two turned around to find Mrs. Chittaphon's holding a plate full of steamy cinnamon rolls.

 

They then turned to each other, silently asking the other 'what do you wanna do?'. After a long 'staring contest' (as Mark said), Hansol helped the shorter boy up as they dashed to Ten's mom, begging for the cinnamon treats.

 


 

I've never seen anyone do TenSol before--
And can you tell I really miss KunSol though? #FreeKunSol2k17

SM PLEASE BRING YUTENSOL BACK I MISS THEM TOGETHER
P.s next is Taeten because I miss them too ;(