Space Rangers [JaeTen]

Cinnamon Wind

It was one of those days where everyone in the daycare was hyped up on sugar. Kids were buzzing all over the place; Knights slaying blanket dragons as their friends, the space rangers, fought to save the princess from the evil clutches of the pillow fortress. Giggles bounced off the wall with each squeal and tackle inflicted on the toddlers.

 

"Johnny, go to the left! I'll try and go in from the right!" Jaehyun commanded. They were wearing paper hats that Chenle had made earlier for them (he wanted to "help the space rangers save the pretty princess!"). Yukhei had even colored them a bright shade of red with silver stripes. Johnny shouted 'roger that! ' into his walkie-talkie, tucking the device safely in the waistband of his pants as he crouched down on the floor.

 

"Space Ranger Johnny and Jaehyun, come in come in. This is your captain Taeyong speaking, over!" Their walkie-talkies buzzed back to life, simultaneously startling them and making them yelp. "Taeyonnnggg I thought we agreed to not scare each other!" Jaehyun whined into the piece of plastic.

 

"I'm sorry Space Rangers, but this was an emergency! I've spotted enemies outside the door to the pillow fort! There's... One... Two... Three-- Three of them! We must defeat them in order to get to the princess, over!" Jaehyun and Johnny gasped. They were both sure that two was smaller than three, and there were only two space rangers left to fight!

 

Commander Kun had fallen after being hit with a ninja star (made by yours truly, Nakomoto Yuta) and General Jungwoo was taken by the blanket dragons. They had lost two men, and now two remain. "B-But... They have more people than us! It isn't fair!"

 

"Don't you want to save the princess you guys?! I'll continue fighting off the blanket dragons with Hansol and Mark, you two go on, over!" Then Taeyong switched off his walkie-talkie. He threw it into the Valley of Stuffed Animals as he charged in with his kite shield and his trusty sword he made out of cardboard. He bumped into the smallest of the dragons, Jisung, who roared loudly as he fell on top of Taeyong.

 

Johnny looked over at Jaehyun, who gulped deeply. They could do it, right? "On the count of three... Okay?" Jaehyun nodded okay, gripping his dinosaur laser gun tightly as Jaehyun began to count down, "One... Two... Three-- Ack!!" 

 

"Gottcha!" Johnny wailed loudly as he was tackled by one of the enemies, Donghyuck. The younger had Johnny in a headlock as the two wrestled on the floor. Johnny let out a cry as Donghyuck 'stabbed' Johnny with his candy cane dagger, laying 'dead' on the floor.

 

"Johnny, nooooo!!" Jaehyun cried, pounding his fist on the carpet as he shouted. "This... Means... WAARRRRRRR!!" He rushed in, startling Doyoung and Yuzhi since they were 'practicing their aim for their arrows'. Both males screamed and fled the pillow fortress (most likely going to Mrs. Chittaphon and complain that Jaehyun was scary) which only left him and Donghyuck left.

 

"Where did Doyounggie and Yuzhiie go-- No matter! I shall take you on myself!" Donghyuck stood before Jaehyun challengingly, gripping his candy cane dagger in one hand while the other hand was reaching out towards the sky. He was in one of those weird poses that Sicheng did in the morning whenever he came.

 

"Bring it on, like Donkey Kong!" He could hear someone snicker loudly from the Valley of Stuffed Animals. Jaehyun rolled his eyes and got into his stance; Holding his balloon sword with both hands as his kite shield was strapped onto his back. 

 

Jaehyun yelled as he smacked Donghyuck. From there, it was a battle of endurance. Who would get tired the quickest? "This, is, for, Johnny!" The two children charged at each other, Jaehyun being the first one to actually Donghyuck's leg with the balloon sword, 'chopping off' his leg in an instant.

 

Donghyuck fell first. "I-I'm tired now... I need-- I need a cinnamon bun for regenerating health..." He gasped. The little boy jogged to the kitchen, where the scent of cinnamon buns hung in the air. 

 

Jaehyun smiled triumphantly. He had single handily defeated the enemies of the pillow fortress and now, he was about to save the princess. "I am the world's best space ranger~!" He hummed to himself, skipping inside the pillow fortress.

 

Inside, there were many goodies to be found. There was an abundance of those pretty golden pillows Dongyeon and Kaicheng loved to snuggle up in and take a nice nap. The prized fire trucks were there as well! It was truly a sight to behold, and Jaehyun would be sure to tell the others about his adventures once he had returned with the princess.

 

He stepped farther into the pillow fort, finding a little lump under a peach-colored blanket by the back of the fort, surrounded by numerous giant fluffy stuffed animals. Jaehyun approached the lump, poking it with his sword out of curiosity. He jumped back when he saw a tuft of black hair emerge from underneath, triggering the space ranger's curiosity even further. 

 

"Princess? Princess! I, Jaehyun the Space Ranger, am here to save you! We must go back to the Kingdom of the Cookies, now!" Jaehyun lightly shook the figure, until he heard a small whimper.

 

The space ranger leaned back and watch as Ten's sleepy figure sat up, looking around in a dazed and confused state. His sleepy eyes met Jaehyun's, who's cheeks turned a light shade of pink from seeing the 'pretty princess'. "Ehh... Saving? But I don't need saving..." Ten tilted his head, confused at the other's statement. 

 

"B-But the princess always needs saving...?" Jaehyun questioned. His mother always told him that the princess needed saving... But why didn't Ten need saving? It was a question that he would ask someone about later, preferably Taeil since he's the oldest out of all of them. 

 

"But this 'princess' wants to nap, so be gone peasant." Ten said with a yawn, curling back up under his peach-colored blanket while hugging Koko tightly. Jaehyun awed at the scene, looking back outside. The 'war' was still going on, but inside the pillow fort, it was nice and peaceful. And he could still hear Taeyong yelling at the blanket dragons to 'back away before he slices their head off!'. Though he was sure Jaemin and Jeno were under one of the blankets, and they'd pop out with two heads as soon as their 'head' got sliced off. 

 

The space ranger pouted, crossing his arms as he thought about what he should do. Ten did look really comfortable sleeping... He grabbed one of the pillows and a blanket. He laid them out next to the 'princess's' spot and curled up next to the sleeping 'princess'. Jaehyun got all snug before whispering, "Good night Princess, I'll save you in the morning." Even though it was around noon when they had fallen asleep.

 


 

Tag yourself I'm Ten--

P.s thank you to peizhuxuan and nctdaebak for upvoting~! 
P.p.s @peizhuxuan i love your stories :D