Rain Dancer [TaeTen]

Cinnamon Wind

"Rain rain, go away... Come again another day..." Ten's sad voice rang throughout the daycare, staring outside the glass windows. The skies were all dark and cloudy as rain poured down from above. His face was stuffed into his pillow as he was wrapped up in his blanket -- a blanket burrito as Jungwoo called it.

 

His mood seemingly rubbed off on the other kids, for it wasn't nearly as loud and cheerful as it usually was. Instead of hyperactive kids running on sugar from the sweet cinnamon rolls, they were moping around. Sure they were having some small talk and they were still up and about, but it wasn't nearly as energetic as it should be.

 

Mrs. Chittaphon tapped her pen on the counter, watching as the kids moved around aimlessly. Her bottom lip jutted out in a pout; Now the mood was starting to get to her. She did not name this daycare 'Sunny Days Daycare' for nothing. 

 

She stood up abruptly, clapping her hands to gather their attention, "Hey everyone, I have an idea!" Her loud voice caused everyone to look at her. They all wore confused looks on their faces as Mrs. Chittaphon opened the closet and pulled out a big raincoat and rainboots.

 

"How does going outside to splash around in the puddles sound to you?" Loud, boisterous cheers erupted as twenty-two little feet stomped over to the closet, eagerly holding out their hands for the raincoats being passed out.

 

Ten pouted as he tried his best to put on his raincoat. He tried finding his way through the arm and head holes, but his head kept popping through the wrong opening every time. He let out a soft whine when his head appeared through the wrong hole yet again. 

 

His eyes scanned the room for his mommy, but it looked like she was helping Doyoung and Winwin with their raincoats as well. "Ten, would you like some help?" Ten's head whipped around to find Taeyong glancing over his shoulders.

 

The other boy was wearing white shorts, a Jerry graphics t-shirt and his red beanie that he seemingly wore every day. The clear raincoat was already draped over his shoulders, as well as the heavy looking rain boots covering his feet. 

 

Ten nodded his head shyly, toying with the hem of his Tom t-shirt as he stared at his shoes. "Yes please, Taeyong-hyung." 

 

Taeyong gave Ten a reassuring smile, telling the younger boy to lift up his arms. The older boy slipped the raincoat over Ten's small body with ease. Taeyong was even kind enough to help Ten put on his rainboots, even though Ten may or may not have jokingly kicked in Taeyong's direction, causing Taeyong to fly back into a fit of giggles. 

 

"Ten, Taeyong, c'mon we're going outside now!" Mrs. Chittaphon called from the door. The rain had calmed down a little bit, but it still hammered down on the pavement. The two boys looked at each other before dashing out the door, ignoring Mrs. Chittaphon screaming 'be careful!' to the two of them.

 

Immediately, Taeyong and Ten set out to find the biggest puddle to go splash around in that. There was a pretty big puddle near the side of the street, it was up to their ankles! They found Jaemin and Yukhei innocently kicking the water at each other. But then Johnny came in, screaming 'here's Johnny!' as he took out a fish-shaped water gun and proceeded to squirt water at the two boys. Soon enough, there was a full on water fight going on in that puddle. (And the duo made the wise choice of looking for another puddle instead of joining the fight.)

 

Luckily, they found a reallllllyyyyyyy big one that was to the left of the daycare. When Taeyong said it was big, it was big. Bigger than Ten's entire name (which Taeyong still struggles to say, even though Ten told him it like twenty times). 

 

Ten crouched down really low to look at his reflection in the small body of water in front of him. The soft pitter-patter of the rain disfigured his image a tiny bit, but it still did its job as a mirror. Or it did until Taeyong proceeded to harshly stomp in the puddle.

 

Taeyong's joyous laughter filled the air around them as Ten looked up at him with wide eyes. "Y-You!!" 

 

"Yes? I'm me~" The older boy said jokingly, backing away when Ten cupped the rainwater and threw it up in Taeyong's direction.

 

"No you're not, you're a jokester! Mr. Joker!" Ten said as he stuck his tongue out tauntingly. Taeyong flashed a bright smile before proceeding to spin around in the water before stepping down with his foot. "No, I'm not, I'm now a dancer! A rain dancer!"

 

The older boy continued to jump, spin, even crouching down into the water. In Taeyong's words, he was 'becoming one with the water with dancing.' Water moved along with his fluid movements, creating a spectacular accompaniment to the latter's already incredible dancing. 

 

Ten watched the elder with admiration dancing in his eyes. The older male just looked simply amazing. Ten questioned how he could move his body like that and still look cool. 

 

Taeyong seemed to notice Ten's stare and threw a smirk in his direction. "Aren't you gonna dance too, or what?" He said with a hint of tease in his voice. A smile bloomed on Ten's face as he stood up. The two laughed together, splashing around in the puddles as raindrops fell around them.

 


 

Hey hey hey everyone~
Sorry for the slowish/sloppy updates, school
 ;-;

Oh, and who else is Taeten deprived? *raises all limbs in the air*
I'm probably gonna release a chaptered Taeten soon because I miss them

So please anticipate that if you ship them hardcore like I do~

Also, sidenote, I have a band concert tomorrow so I might not be able to update ;~; I'm sorry in advanced if that's what's gonna happen