I love you

Colors

 The lights were twinkling around them, the white snow cascaded over the landscape sparkling a little with the bulbs reflections. Their hands were intertwined between them, swinging softly as the two men walked through the paths of the zoo. There weren’t many people here, but it was going to end the next week and Jonghyun really wanted to go before it did. “Oh, Babe can we go see the Polar bears?”

 

“Sure, just lead the way Baby,” Jinki replied quietly with a soft smile.

 

Jonghyun almost bounced in excitement. “The little babs are probably having so much fun in the snow with their sweet tiny hearts.”

 

The younger man was so bright and warm despite the frigid air around them, and the lights never stood a chance against his beauty and vibrancy. His hair was fading, his dark roots growing into the pale lavender. His big parka was basically swallowing him whole, but it was the cutest thing. “Maybe we can get a polar bear plush from the gift shop.”

 

“You think they have one?”

 

“Most definitely.” Jinki chuckled, “Taemin always wanted a new plushie every time we came here.”

 

“Does he still have them?” Jonghyun asked with a soft laugh, cheeks, and nose pink from the chill in the air.

 

“I think they’re on his bed to be completely honest with you.”

 

“I have to confess something to you,” Jonghyun quietly stated, and worry bubbled up in Jinki’s chest.

 

“Is something wrong?” He asked as he slowly tugged Jonghyun out of the middle of the path and came to a stop.

 

“Nothing too serious I promise,” Jonghyun squeezed Jinki’s hand before bringing it up to press a kiss on the leather gloved hand. “I just wanted to tell you that I hide my teddy bear under the bed when you come over so you don’t judge me.”

 

“Oh God,” Jinki breathed, a relieved laugh leaving his lips. “Baby I thought you were going to tell me something horrible or break up with me.”

 

“No!” He pushed up to press a kiss to Jinki’s lips, a big smile on his face. “Nothing of the sort.”

 

“Good,” After a deep breath Jinki smiled, “So do I get to meet your teddy bear next time?”

 

“Totally.”

 

After a moment Jinki nudged him softly, “So how about those polar bears?”

 

“Ah! Right, this way.”

 

--------

 

On the drive home Jonghyun was snug in the passenger seat, one arm around his new polar bear plush he named Winter and the other bent to accommodate holding Jinki’s hand in his lap. “So, what do you feel like for dinner?”

 

“Mm, I kind of want Ramen.” Jinki could see that Jonghyun was beginning to tire out. “Is there any place open?”

 

“Probably not,” Jinki hummed, checking his mirrors before merging over a lane to the right. “I have some at home if you wanna come over. You can have my bed again if you want to just crash there again.”

 

“Is that okay?”

 

“Completely,” When he stopped at the red light he leaned over to kiss Jonghyun’s temple. “And since tomorrow is Saturday, there’s no rush.”

 

“Only if I get to make breakfast tomorrow morning.”

 

“Deal,” Jinki turned left at the next intersection instead of staying straight to go to Jonghyun’s. The rest of the car ride was silent of conversation, but it was completely silent with how Jonghyun was humming along to the soft music playing through the speakers. Once they were parked Jinki opened Jonghyun’s door for him and they headed over to the elevator, the smaller man curled into Jinki’s side.

 

Once inside the apartment, Jonghyun hung his coat up and made his way to the couch to pull the blanket laid over the back down around his shoulders. He beamed over at Jinki, “I’m cold.”

 

“You warm up, I’ll get the food ready.” He kissed the top of Jonghyun’s head before heading into the kitchen. The pot was put on the stove to boil as he brought two eggs out to fry them. Once the noodles were cooked and the eggs were slid onto the top, he moved to grab a fork. It was then he heard the soft sounds of cloth shuffling against the carpet. When he looked up there was Jonghyun, wrapped in the blanket. He resembled a burrito more than a human being. “Hey you, I thought you were getting warm.”

 

“I was, but then I realized I can become swaddled and move,” Jonghyun smiled cutely.

 

Jinki felt warmth burst in his chest, and the words came from his mouth before he could stop them. “God, I love you.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Flustered Jinki fumbled over his words, “I didn’t mean that.”

 

“So you don’t love me?” Jonghyun’s voice was gentle and full of hurt.

 

“No, no I do,” Jinki groaned, running his hands through his hair as his eyes fluttered shut. He took a deep breath for a moment before opening his eyes and smiling, “I do love you. I just didn’t mean to confess like that.”

 

“Oh,” Jonghyun softly giggled, hiding his nose and lips behind his blanket covered hand, “I love you too Jinki.”

 

Jinki chuckled, “Leave it to me. Confessing over ramen when you’re a blanket burrito.”

 

Jonghyun shuffled over in quick little steps, opening his arms to wrap Jinki up in the blanket too. He looked up happy at him, a smile curving on his lips. “But that’s us.”

 

Their lips melded together slowly, Jinki’s hand warm on Jonghyun’s jaw. When they parted he bumped their noses together. “Let’s eat before it’s cold.”

 

He was almost vibrating, “It looks delicious.”

 

“Try it before you shower me with praise.”

 

“Aye aye!”

 

-------

 

What do you get when you mix a dog and a fish?

 

Jinki laughed softly at the message, I don’t know, what do you get baby?

 

A seal, awrf awrf

 

Im concerned Im rubbing off on you too much, Jinki texted back with a soft smile.

 

We have been dating for like 3 months Babe <3, Jonghyun replied a few moments later.

 

Time really flies when you're having fun, He set his phone down on the table and returned to his dinner. Taemin was looking at him intrigued from across the table, fork laid against his plate as he leaned on his hand.

 

“Hey Dad?”

 

Jinki looked up with a smile, “Yes, Taem?”

 

“Who are you texting?”

 

He could feel the heat in his cheeks, but he still tried to change the subject. “Ah, just a client. How's the new job?”

 

“Job's great Dad, but,” A slow smile spread on Taemin’s face. “In what I can remember in my 24 years you've never smiled like that about a client.”

 

Jinki ran a hand through his hair and scratched his neck as he sheepishly smiled, “Am I that obvious?”

 

“Yes. Like a giant flashing billboard,” Taemin beamed, leaning more on his elbows toward his Dad, “So what's their name? How long have you been talking? What are they like?”

 

“Is this how you felt when you dated Naeun in high school when your Mom asked you a billion questions?” Jinki asked flustered.

 

“Yes, but stop deflecting.”

 

“His name is Jonghyun and just over 3 months.” Taemin’s eyes widened and Jinki asked, “What?”

 

“You've been dating someone for 3 months and I was unaware?” Jinki nodded softly and Taemin frowned, “You should have told me.”

 

“I didn't know how you'd handle it,” When Taemin looked confused Jinki continued, “Accepting I'm gay and accepting me actually being with another man ate two different things.”

 

“Oh Dad, I'm happy for you!” Taemin smiled sweetly, but it fell slightly as he said, “Not sure how mom's gonna handle it, though.”

 

“Pardon my language, but your Mom can kiss my .” Jinki looked down at his phone when it vibrated, but didn't pick it up. “Jonghyun’s great, though. He makes me feel young again.”

 

“You sound very happy Dad.”

 

The smile on Jinki’s face was soft and easy going, “I am.. I'm very happy.”

 

“Dad,” Taemin quietly said a moment later when they resumed eating.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Check your phone,” Taemin chuckled, “I can see your eyes flicking over to it. I don't mind.”

 

Jinki flashed a tiny smile and mumbled, “Thank you.” before flipping his phone over to slide it open. There were 3 messages from Jonghyun and 2 from Minho. Including 3 missed calls from his secretary. He clicked Minho first, it being extremely odd he would he texting him this late.

 

Hey boss I know you're out with your son, but Ms. Cho is here. Jinki pressed his lip.together, annoyance bubbling up in him already. I came back to get the case files for tomorrow's court appointment and she was berating the janitor. She says its urgent.

 

It's quite alright Minho, is there any way you could handle it?

 

The speed in which the young man texted back was concerning, I tried sir, but she refused to talk to anyone but you.

 

Ask her if a Call would suffice, please.

 

“You look pissed Dad, something wrong?” Taemin quietly asked, laying his utensils down next to his plate.

 

“There's a client who knows after 6 I'm not reachable at the office and if the need to get in touch with me arises they have my cell phone number,” Jinki sighed before sipping his water, “But instead of using that she's stressing my secretary out at the office.”

 

“Do you have to leave?”

 

“If I do it'll be after we finish.” Jinki gave him a comforting smile before checking the new message from Minho.

 

She says only in person Boss.

 

Alright. I’ll be there as quick as I can after my meal.

 

Okay sir. Ty sir.

 

He was about to check the messages from Jonghyun when he remembered Minho would be stuck with her until he got there. Oh, and Minho?

 

Yes sir?

 

Your favorite sport is football right?”

 

Yes, but why?

 

You’ll see. Be there soon, If the poor man had to deal with Ms. Cho during his off hours so he could finish his meal peacefully the least he could do is get him something. Game tickets seemed like a good fit, being how often he mentions the sport.

 

“I’m guessing by your face you have to go in.” Taemin said softly, moving around his pasta.

 

Jinki hummed as he clicked Jonghyun’s messages. “Unfortunately.”

 

Babe you should come over after you have dinner with Taemin, Jinki continued to read, completely ignoring his dinner for a moment. I got a new canvas..was thinking we could paint since we're both off tomorrow ^^ I even have chicken!

 

Jinki frowned deeply, I'm sorry Baby but I have to go into the office right after. I don't want you to wait up

 

:c its okay, you can come by when you're done. You know I'll be up ^^

 

Okay Baby, I'll call you when I'm omw

 

I love you, drive safe

 

Love you too Baby

 

“How long do you think it'll take to save your secretary?” Taemin asked after putting his drink back on the table.

 

“Pretty quickly, but saving myself from her?” Jinki laughed, “ Your guess is as good as mine Son.”

-------

 

After dealing with that exhausting woman for 3 hours over stuff that could have been done at a later date, all Jinki wanted to do was hug Jonghyun. He texted Jonghyun quickly that he was finished, and asked if he still wanted him to come over.

 

Of course I do ^^, Jinki sighed relieved as he turned the car on. I was thinking we could throw paint balloons~

 

Sounds great Baby, I’ll be there in about 15 minutes okay?

 

Okay, See you soon! Before Jinki tossed his phone into the passenger seat he saw the next message, I love you <3

 

Jinki quickly typed out, I love you too.

 

The phone was tossed into the passenger seat and he put the car into reverse. He was exhausted, but just the thought of Jonghyun made him more relaxed.

 

------

“Do you think your shirt is big enough Baby?” Jinki asked with a soft laugh at the sight of Jonghyun in the large white shirt coming out of the bedroom.

 

He grabbed the fabric with his hands and make it move happily. “Very roomy. Good for aiming the balloons.”

 

“Ah,” Jinki snorted, “Is that your story that you’re sticking too?”

 

“Why yes,” Jonghyun crossed his arms over his chest with an exaggerated pout on his face. “And it’s a good one!”

 

Jinki reached into the giant box full of water balloons filled to the max with different colored paints. The room was dimly lit by the far lamp in the corner and the numerous candles lit around the room. There was a big sheet under their bare feet up until the wall just under the big canvas. Gentle music swayed from the stereo across the way where Jinki’s iPod was connected. He held the balloon out to Jonghyun with a warm smile, “Do you want to start?”

 

Jonghyun shook his head as he grabbed his own balloon from the box, “No Babe, you go.”

 

With a hum Jinki looked over the canvas to choose where he’d aim it. When he let go of the balloon he hoped it’d land somewhere in the middle, but it ended up too far to the right. He flashed a smile over at Jonghyun as blue paint splattered on the once blank canvas. “I meant to do that.”

 

“Sure you did~”

------ 

 

A/N: the rated mature thing will make sense soon~