Japan pt.1

Colors

           “What are you doing dad? There’s so much rustling in the background.”

           “Oh, I’m sorry.” He laughed quietly, dropping the items in his hands to grab the phone previously held between his ear and shoulder. “Finishing packing. Our flight is tomorrow morning, and I’ve drastically procrastinated.”

           “Our flight, dad?”

           “Yeah, I, uh, I’m taking Jonghyun with me.” At the mention of the man Jinki’s gaze lifted to find him walking into the room, a small duffle bag in his hands. In it would be his clothes he was going to bring. They were going to share a suitcase and bring an extra as their carry on for anything they bought while in Japan.  Jonghyun smiled sweetly, pressing a kiss to his cheek. “I thought I told you.”

           “Oh, definitely not. I’d have remembered this development.” At his father’s groan, Taemin chuckled. “I can’t wait to meet him, Dad. He seems to really make you happy.”

           “He does.” He winked when Jonghyun looked up at him curious to what he meant by that. “But now you’ll have to wait until after your stint at that big company is over.”

           “You sound kind of disappointed.”

           “Oh, no. I’m extremely proud of you for getting this opportunity. I’ll just miss you during the year and some you’re gone.” Jinki carefully sat next to the open suitcase, up against the pillows, and plucked at the fabric of his shirt. “Have you talked to your mom?”

           “Gosh no.” Taemin scuffed, “I tried to talk to her a couple weeks ago about how she treated you when I came out, but she wanted none of it, so I told her to get over herself before calling me again. She seems to be.. Working on that.”

           “You didn’t need her quarrel with me affect your relationship with her, Son.”

           “I know, but this is different than the usual disagreements between you. When she just didn’t approve of you being gay it was different than calling you all those nasty things Dad.” Taemin deeply sighed. “I was prepared for things said to me, but not to you. I know that I don’t understand everything that happened between you and Mom, but I love you, and I’m really happy you’re happy Dad. She made it seem like me being anywhere near the man you are was bad, and all I’ve ever wanted most of my life was to be you.”

           “Sweetie,”Jinki laughed quietly, touching underneath his eyes to stop the forming tears from falling. “You’re going to make me cry. I love you too.”

           “I have to go research possible apartments. Have fun on your trip Dad.”

           “I love you, bye.”

           “Love you too Dad.” The call ended with a soft click, and the phone fell from his ear almost numb.

           “What was that about?” Jonghyun quietly asked, trying to look busy folding a shirt that was already folded.

           Jinki rolled the phone in his palm, smiling as he looked at it. “Taemin got really sentimental.”

           “That’s not normal, is it?”

           “Can I hug you?” Came Jinki’s question, looking up with soft eyes as he pushed his phone onto the bedside table.

           “Oh, of course. C’mere.” He tossed the shirt into the suitcase and turned the corner just in time to step into Jinki’s open arms. Jonghyun laughed quietly when Jinki nuzzled into his neck.

           Jinki pouted, “You smell very good.”

           “You sound a little sad about that.”

           “Mm, totally unfair.” Jinki squeezed him tightly. “How are we supposed to finish packing if you smell so good I don’t wanna let go?”

            “Eh, we have a few more hours.” Jonghyun rubbed Jinki’s lower back after lifting his shirt up a little to get his hand under. “I’d like to know what you and Taemin talked about. I know at least part of it was about me.”

           Jinki grumbled quietly, as he lifted his head. “You’re gonna make me actually cry.”

           “It can’t be that bad.”

           “He told me when he was little all he wanted to be was like me, among other things. He stuck up for me against his mom.” Jinki laughed at himself as he felt his emotions bubble up at the softly spoken words. “See, told you.”

           “Is that all?”

           Jinki caressed his jaw, thumb moving over his cheek as he smiled softly. “He said he’s happy I’m happy. Apparently, it’s really obvious how happy you make me Jonghyun.”

           “Oh, is that so?” Jonghyun sweetly kissed him, bumping their noses. “You make me so happy Jinki.”

           “I love you.”

           “I love you too, Handsome.”

—–

           “Whoa.” Jonghyun softly gasped, looking around the airport as they stepped through security.

           “What do you want to get for breakfast?” Jinki quietly asked, giving the man space as he took it all in.

           “There’s more than one restaurant?”

           “Yes. We’ll get food on the plane, but we don’t board for some time.” Jinki studied him intently, tapping his fingers on the handle of the carry on he had rested in front of him when they stopped. “You okay, Jonghyun?”

           “Mmm, Yeah. There’s just a lot of, things, to look at.” He scrunched his nose before smiling. “You’ve been here far more times than I have. Do you have a favorite place?”

           “I do.” Jinki smiled fondly as Jonghyun began to walk to the left, kind of in a daze. “Baby, it’s this way.”

           Jonghyun froze, looking back with pink cheeks. “Oh.”

—–

           “Can we get two water bottles please, Miss?” The flight attendant nodded at Jinki’s softly asked question before leaving. He turned toward Jonghyun, who above everything requested to sit near the window even if the whole thing frightened him to no end. During takeoff, he had been gripping the armrests of his chair before Jinki had pulled his left one to hold between his own. They didn’t have much more time until they landed, which brought another hurdle they’d have to get over. Currently, though, Jonghyun was happy gazing out of the window and holding his hand in his lap. “Are you feeling okay?”

           Slowly he turned his head, the back of it not leaving the headrest. He smiled and gently patted Jinki’s hand. “I feel good. No promises when we land though.”

           “Well, the good thing is I don’t have a meeting to go to until tomorrow morning.” When the flight attendant came back with the bottles, he smiled his thanks before continuing when she left. “So tonight we can just lounge around the hotel until you feel better.”

           “Can we get massages some time on our trip?”

           “Of course.” Jinki laughed quietly, struggling to keep the bottle still enough to open it with one hand. “The hotel has a spa we can go to whenever you wish.”

           With a kiss to Jinki’s cheek, Jonghyun nuzzled into his seat, closest to Jinki. “Thank you for bringing me with you.”

           “It’d be rather boring without you.”

           “I mean, you didn’t have to, and it’s probably going to be really annoying having to explain all this stuff to me over and over again.”

           Jinki kissed the tip of his nose, making his face scrunch up cutely. “I have a feeling that if you’re in my life as long as I want you to be, I’ll have a lot of explaining to do, and I can’t wait to do it all.”

           “Jinki~”

—–

           “This view is amazing.” Jonghyun bubbled up, excited.

           “It is.”

           “You’re not even looking out the window, Jinki.”

           “Oh, you meant the skyline?” Jinki whispered as he pressed his lips against Jonghyun’s neck, hand moving over his waist and tummy to bring him back against him firmly. “I was talking about you.”

           “Shut up~” His voice was light and breathy, happy, as he laid his arms over Jinki’s and leaned back into the embrace. “It’s not even lunchtime yet and you’re making me want to find somewhere to kiss you for the next hour.”

           “Just kissing?” He brushed his nose up the back of his neck until it was in Jonghyun’s hair, feeling his warmth and surrounding himself with his comforting scent.

           “Do you have other ideas?”

           “I could think of a few.” Jinki deeply spoke, lips against him.

           Jonghyun gently turned in his hold, hands on his chest as he looked up at him. “Mm, You’ll have to tell me all about these, ideas of yours. I’m intrigued.”

           Jinki grinned. This was quickly becoming his favorite business trip.

—–

           Softly moving his fingers through Jonghyun’s hair, Jinki was perfectly fine with not moving for at least a few more hours, but he knew that soon they’d have to. “Mm, room service should be here soon. We should probably get dressed.”

           “But,” Jonghyun pouted up at him, hand moving from his cheek to wrap around Jinki’s neck as he lifted himself up to be at eye level with him. “I like you .”

           “I think the bruise on my shoulder shows just how much you like me , Baby.”

           Jonghyun nuzzled his face into his pillow, trying to hide from the heat of Jinki’s gaze, knowing if he fell into the deep brown depths neither would be getting up for their food. “You’re nice to look at in whatever state of dress you’re in.”

           “You’re not making this easier, Baby.” Jinki softly said with a quiet chuckle. His fingers were softly running over Jonghyun’s side, down his ribs and the curve of his tiny waist, up to his hips where the sheet rested, and back up again. “What are you going to do the next few days while I work?”

           “Probably use that bathtub at least twice a day every day,” Jonghyun answered honestly, before growing shy. “It has jets!”

           As if that fact was all the reason he needed to justify taking so many bathes. “I wasn’t judging you, Baby.”

           Just then there was a knock heard and Jonghyun whined softly as Jinki twisted away from him. He was wrapping a robe around himself and shuffling out of the room before Jonghyun could tug him back into bed. Jinki popped his head back in a few moments later, smiling. Jonghyun crossed his arms over his chest and pouted from his spot against the headboard. “Come on Cutie. The food’s here.”

           “I’m not getting dressed.”

           “Oh, a dinner and a view. How lovely.”

           Jinki didn’t get hit with the pillow tossed in his general direction.

—–