Chapter 5 - "Rumor has it..." 1st flashback

Time will tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in time, five years ago…

« Omo, did you heard ? Kim Taeyeon broke up with Byun Baekhyun ! »

« Jinjja ? This crazy . I just can’t believe it. Why would she break up with someone as perfect as him ?

« I heard that she wants to go out with Park Chanyeol. Rumor has it that during the holidays, since she entered the company he is in, the two of them got very very close, if you know what I mean. »

Two random female students were exchanging gossips about the latest news in school, while giggling in an annoying manner, not even aware that only a few meters away from them stood the ones they were discussing about.

Right next to Chanyeol, Jongdae, who heard everything from where he was, chuckled. « Pfft… such nonsense. I can’t believe some people assume this bull is true. »

« Let them think whatever the they want Jongdae. And if Taeyeon is stupid enough to think the same way, she’s going to be very very disappointed. » Chanyeol’s mocking tone was so cold that it could send shivers through anyone’s spine, besides Jongdae. Indeed, the latter knew his friend’s real personnality, just like a few other selected people, and he didn’t seem to care that much. But for whoever who didn’t know Chanyeol personnally, it would be a shock to discover that he wasn’t the bright person everyone thought he was.

Jongdae toned down his voice, inquiring. « But did something happen between you two in the first place ? »

« We just did a photoshoot together, that’s it. Besides, she kept clinging to me the entire time like a freakin’ Barbie doll who’s high on drugs. So if she believes that I fell in love at first sight with her, she needs to get those ideas out of her head as soon as possible. »

« Yeah, whatever. It’s not like you ever showed interest in someone before. Especially in a superficial Barbie doll on drugs. » The other couldn’t hold his laughter anymore. « You’re so harsh, as always. »

« But you know, I kind of pity this poor Baek’ » Jongdae continued. He glanced at the two girls next to them, who kept rambling and didn’t seem to notice their presence in the cafeteria line. Their attention was now set on the entrance, where the puppy-eyed man along with his friends had emerged from.

One of the females sighed dreamily. « If I was his girlfriend, I would never let him go. I mean, he is so nice and innocent-looking. He is litterally like… an angel with puppy-like eyes. His features are really beautiful… He doesn’t seem to know that he is stunning though. The most perfect and cutest combo. »

« I know, right ? He is just kindness incarnate. Have I told you he is in my class this year ? One time, he even lent me his book because I didn’t have mine. Such a gentleman… »

« Whaat ? I’m so jealous ! You’re so lucky to get to see him everyday… »

« Yah ! Look who’s talking ! Aren’t you in Kim Jongdae’s and Zhang Yixing’s class ? »

At this, Chanyeol let out a sarcastic laugh. Those chicks were too much for him to handle. Nice ? Innocent-looking ? An angel ? For real ? How much did they get paid to spout all this nonsense ? « Did you just heard that ? » he asked Jongdae. « They don’t even know him ! »

Shaking his head in disbelief, he wondered why most people would always be fooled by appearances.

Surprisingly, his friend didn’t respond, so the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter