Chapter 14 - Part 1

Time will tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

« Are those really winter clothing ? I wouldn’t even wear these in the spring ! I look like a… » Baekhyun’s muffled voice could still be heard from the other side of the door separating him from a highly amused Luhan.

« A what ? »

« A delinquent. »

Luhan raised an eyebrow. « Never seen delinquents that well-dressed before. »

« Or a stripper. » The words escaped Baekhyun’s confused mind, and Luhan burst out of laughter, visualizing in his head how scandalized the one who designed those clothes would be if he had heard them. Regarding the present case, Tao.

He extended one of his legs to the side, the material of his pants hugging his thigh suggestively as he moved - even though Baekhyun couldn’t obviously see it. « What should I say for my part then ? » Luhan muttered, letting out a small chuckle. « Why would you say that ? » he then asked, a bit louder this time.

« Tao told me not to button the shirt all the way up. He said that the trend is to show some bare skin, but I’m not too sure about that. »

The stylist smoothed out the fabric of his own button-up. He wore « a dressy denim fabrication with silver foil coating on top » (that was how Tao liked to call this certain pair of jeans, whereas Luhan simply adressed those as the ‘disco pants’) paired with a black velvet choker, and was actually pretty content with the way his outfit turned out. « And so, how does it look ? Is it really that bad ? »

« It feels… weird. And I don’t know why Tao felt the need to give me a tie if I’m supposed to wear this open. » Baekhyun mumbled as he came out of the small changing room.

The stylist looked up as the door opened, ready to see the extent of the damage his fashion terrorist of a friend had made. He tried not to laugh as he took in the view of the nervous wreck in front of him. Something about that look definitely was off.

It was not just one or two buttons of the jewel-toned silk shirt that were left ed. The shirt collar was wide-open, leaving little to no room for imagination as it showed Baekhyun’s toned torso with each of his moves. And Luhan had to admit that it looked pretty indecent combined with that pair of tight leather pants his friend was wearing. He smirked « I quite like it though. However… »

« Sure, since this is how you usually dress. »

Luhan raised both of his eyebrows. His friend had definitely lost his filter. « Ah, is that right ? So does that mean I usually dress like a ‘stripper’, in your humble opinion ? » he teased with an amused tone.

« No. I mean, no ! Not at all ! What I meant was that since you’re a stylist…you are kind of, like, more used to experiment with various looks and new…things. » Baekhyun carried on, eyebrows furrowed as he fumbled with the sleeves of his striped blazer.

Luhan noticed the hint of remorse in the wedding planner’s tone, mixed with other emotions he couldn’t quite identify. « Hey. Calm down, okay ? I got your point, relax. But actually … that’s not how you’re supposed to wear these. »

The other still continued his incessant rambling « … but Tao told me to wear the shirt and the jacket with this tie, and to put that belt on. How on Earth am I supposed to do that if these pants don’t even have trouser loops so I can put a ing belt through them, huh ? I get that he’s trying to bring a new era in fashion, but that’s not really convenient. » The stylist’s gaze fell on the accesories left in a corner, untouched. He sighed, but didn’t comment on his friend’s lack of experience. Instead, Luhan proceeded to put the belt on his friend’s waist, cinching expertly the leather strap with its buckle, and tied the burgundy neck tie in a casual way, letting it hang loosely around his neck. « What’s up with you, hmm ? » Though Luhan knew exactly what this was about. His fingers worked their magic until its owner was satisfied with the results, whereas Baekhyun had remained quiet during the whole entire process, trying to regain control over the loud beating of his heart.

« Are you going to readjust my clothes as well ? » asked a passing­-by Sehun. « Because I’ll be more than willing to let you do so… »

Luhan stared at him with a stern expression on his face. « Can’t you see I’m busy ? »

« Don’t be too harsh on this kid, Lu. And as far as I know, flirting is not a crime. » Baekhyun watched Sehun’s retreating back move away of his visual range. He couldn’t help feeling a bit sorry for his friend’s attitude towards the model.

« Take care of yourself before thinking about others » Luhan muttered. He then begrudgingly asked « Are you okay ? »

Baekhyun perceived the concern in his best friend’s eyes. Was his excess of anxiety that obvious ? « I guess so. »

« Okay. You know you can tell me anything, Baekkie. »

The stylist then glanced sideways at Sehun, who was in company of Tao and Chanyeol. When the guy saw that Luhan had somehow gained interest in him, he sent a wink in the latter’s direction. Luhan scowled at the gesture, while Baekhyun smiled. « I was pretty sure he is your type in terms of …partners. You know, for a second… I thought he fitted your ideal type. »

« What is going through your mind, Baek ? I’m searching for a steady relationship, not a flirt. I’m done with that… I mean, he looks like he just graduated high school, and I’m 27 for God’s sake ! There would never be anything serious between the two of us. » « Jinjja ! This is so embarassing. I don’t know if I can put up with this living mess any longer before I try to kill him by strangling his neck with my bare hands. »

« You sound a lot like Kyungsoo you know. He’s just trying to woo you. Even if he’s not exactly subtle… »

« Yeah, whatever. » Luhan’s gaze caught on a thin silver hardware chain he hadn’t noticed before, resting on Baekhyun’s collarbone. « You should probably take this off. I’ll go get the jewelry that comes with this outfit. Stay here, I’ll be back in a minute. »

 

Baekhyun moved a little further away, and grabbed his phone, which was laying on a chair a few inches away from him, on top of his backpack. He sent the following text to Kyungsoo, tapping the message with his right hand, and playing with the necklace he always wore under his cloth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter