002

He was a boy She was a girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I feel like I’m in kindergarten.” Jaejoong whined and complained but did not leave the scooter Yunho borrowed from the neighbour’s kid. He rolled beside her on his skateboard smiling amusedly, “where are we going? We’ve got class.”

“I called Kang sajangnim and told her we won’t make it today.” Yunho turned a corner signalling Jaejoong to follow. “Why did you cancel?” she shouted because he’s a bit further now. “it’s a secret,” Yunho looked behind for a moment holding a finger to his lips.

Jaejoong was now really confused and curious. She sped up to catch up with Yunho as she noticed they’re heading to the park. They went there once when one of the little kids in music class invited them. Great! Now she’s going to ride a bright blue scooter to a park full of swings and sand pits. If her classmates see her, she’ll be the laughing stock of her school.

“Yah Kim Jaejoong! Hurry Up!” Jaejoong huffed as she grudgingly followed Yunho. She refused to use to scooter when they reached the park. She’d rather keep her dignity. But when she found Yunho’s going way too much in the interior, walking was getting tiring. So huffing and panting, she rode the scooter for the last five minutes of the journey.

“Yaaah~ Yuno~ whey ah we goo~in?” Jaejoong dragged in her exhaustion. Yunho laughed as he pushed her by her shoulders and she slumped over a bench, “Stay there.” Yunho said as he rummaged through his bag and pulled out their favourite strawberry juice. He gave Jaejoong one of the bottles and a straw and kept his beside her with a warning of not to drink it.

Jaejoong, feeling a lot better, watched as Yunho ran to that little bridge over the narrow man-made rivulet going through the park. Out of curiosity, she looked around and found no-one. Well, most of the kids stayed near the first half of the park where the playground was and not many people would walk this far into the centre unless they want privacy.

“what are you up to?” Jaejoong asked but not too loud. Because she’s sneaking Yunho’s strawberry juice and she doesn’t want him to see.

“Your own private concert.” Yunho spoke loudly from the bridge making Jaejoong flinch. He dumped his bag on the ground and exaggeratedly pointed at Jaejoong, “Kim Jaejoong!” said girl leaned backwards, “Pay attention.” He then folded that hand into a fist and held it front of his face.

Jaejoong heard a tune out of somewhere and realised it’s from Yunho’s phone fixed to the new portable speakers he was bragging about.

Baby baby baby baby
Ne gyothe baby
Issojyo


Sarangi gaetwo iron nae maumur
Sumgiryo haedo kumsae ibkaui misoman

Haruto andwae tto bogoshipojyo
Onjjoju nae mamun gipeun byongie goringor

Jaejoong belatedly realises it is DBSK’s “My Little Princess” and Yunho is singing along to the instrumental.


Gaeinrun nae mujub ijun obsur koyeyo
Jwohan koman boyojugo shipungoryo

Jogi nupeun hanurro naraga
Saranghandago sesangi marharlae

Gipeun bamhanuro kyojiji annun girl
Nomanur jikinun nanungor twekeyo You're my love

Jaejoong smiles when Yunho does a little tap-dancing moves here and there which don’t fit in the song but are still cute.


Hyeyo jijan mar, haengbokharan gu mar
Yongwonhee yuri jurtae hajiangirohae

Jigumchoroman nae kyothe issojyo
Bujukhan naingor ihaehaejukir barae

She chuckled when Yunho’s voice cracked trying imitate Xiah, who’s in a different vocal range from husky tone.

Orunsurun nae mosibur kitaehaejwoyo
Nege gajang uurrinun namjaga twegoshipungor

Onjaeggajina gutae mansogae naega turogar su isstorog hurakhaejwo
Manir kutaeto nawa kattamyun
apumun opjwo ijin gutaer na jikirke for you
My little princess ijekko sumkyowon namanae sarang nir boyojirkkoya
Yonghwantorok bunji annun mamiro girl
Naejasinbota tu tu saranghaejir korago
 

Yunho barely got the last few lines out in tune when Jaejoong saw him duck and pull out something from his bag. Yunho unfolded the black sheet of chart which had written in huge white block letters “KIM JAEJOONG, GO OUT WITH ME!”

You're my love

Jaejoong gaped while a silly Yunho waved the banner goofily. Then he realised he needs to be within hearing distance, so he jogs over with a wide grin but when he was five steps away he was assaulted by an empty juice pack. “Yah!” Yunho shouted.

“Yah!” Jaejoong bit back. She stomped over and snatched the banner from Yunho showed it mockingly, “What the hell is this?” for a moment Yunho was scared. He could see that Jaejoong liked him but now he’s worried if he was mistaken. “What’s with the order huh?” Jaejoong yelled and now Yunho was confused on a whole other level, “where’s the ‘will you’? You should at least phrase it properly.” Jaejoong flung the sheet of paper on Yunho stomped away while Yunho watched dumbly. Jaejoong stopped a few steps ahead and turned around, “Oy! What are you standing there for! Get your phone!” Yunho ran back to the bridge where his phone and speakers were sitting while Jaejoong yelled, “You’re supposed to take me on a date right now.”

~~~

“haish! My first date was at a street food stall.” Jaejoong feigned a pitiful victim even as she her ice-cream.

“says the one who ate four pork cutlets.” Yunho took a bite of the ice-cream when Jaejoong offered, “I don’t even have enough allowance left to take you on a proper date on Sunday.”

“You were going to take me on a date?” Jaejoong looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter