001

He was a boy She was a girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Yunho watches as everyone congratulate his friend on her first Triple Crown win. Boa’s is talented and deserved that. A part of his envious because it’s his dream too.

He and Boa joined the agency at the same time and were friends since then. A year later, Boa was debuted as a solo artist. For this new agency, Boa’s success was critical and boy did she bring the goods in a big way.

Yunho was on the very same path of fulfilling his dream to become an idol. But he’s faced too many obstacles. By obstacles, he means his friend.

He’s not an idiot by any means. He’s seen the change in Boa since her success went to her head. At first, she’d cancel her meetings with Yunho to hang out with other artists. Then it became not calling to inform him at all. The girl who laughed at auto-tuned artists and attention-grabbing with excess uality was now doing them without batting an eyelash.

But the most heartbreaking was finding out that Yunho’s debut which was supposed to happen in six months was cancelled because his friend ruined it. Boa spread false rumours about Yunho, that he’s a know-it-all when it comes to dancing, his singing talent is null, he thinks producers are an interference to an artist, he gets into streetfights and other such unreal stories.

He should’ve been angry. But the problem is Yunho’s in love with Boa and this behaviour breaks his heart more than anger him. He’s disheartened to the point that he doesn’t think he wants to be in the entertainment business any longer.

It was the end of the party and Yunho pulled Boa to the side. “Oh hey Yun! What’s up?” she said a little impatiently as she kept looking at the table where the company’s execs were sitting.

“I’m going back to Gwangju tonight.” Yunho announced and it crushed his heart when she didn’t even bat an eyelash. “Oh! I see… oh well, I guess not everyone’s cut out to be an idol.” She placatingly pat his shoulder.

‘This is it’ Yunho thought. He’s going to take the chance. Whatever happens, he’ll live with it. “There’s something I need to tell you before I leave.” Boa cocked an eyebrow silently telling him to go on, “I…I like…love you…” Yunho mentally cringed because it came out real badly, but the expression on Boa’s face made it worse.

Boa looked ready to bolt. It was obvious what’s her answer, “I’m sorry Yunho.” Yunho expected that, but what came next was unexpected, “I just started my career. I’ll lose my fans if I’m ‘available’. And frankly, it would look really bad for me if I’m dating a rookie.”

She’s really changed, Yunho thought. With a self-deprecating smile, Yunho hitched his backpack higher. “I figured. Goodbye Boa.” Yunho walked out of there while Boa yelled a meaningless ‘Keep in touch’. Still, Yunho couldn’t bring himself to hate her. he believes his friend is still there somewhere.

~~~

Yunho was glad he took his mother's advice. He needed to rediscover his passion and take some music and dance classes. The superficiality of showbiz had discouraged him. So he joined a small performing arts institute near his school. His father is having him take academic courses in case the entertainment business doesn't work out again. He's fine with that. He’s only 18. There's plenty of time for him to be an idol.

He greeted his vocal trainer as he entered the classroom. The elderly lady he called Kang Sajangnim asked him to take a seat. "By the way Yunho, since you want to practise with accompaniment, I've asked one of the piano students to join us.''

''That's great.'' Yunho got rid of his bag and jacket before they did some warm up vocal exercises while waiting for the pianist. ''excuse me!'' they were abruptly interrupted by a voice and knocking on the door, ''may I come in?'' Kang Sajangnim opened the door and in came the most beautiful specimen of a living being since Julia Roberts. She had short soft wavy hair she dyed light brown, the biggest eyes, reddest lips and her pale shiny skin standing out because of the loose grey blouse.

Yunho probably stared too long caused she repeated herself twice. ''I'm Jaejoong. What's your name?''

~~~

''That's just ridiculous!" Yunho shrieked. "what's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter