003

He was a boy She was a girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho looks at the piece of paper and then walked down the corridor till he found the door he was looking for. “Yah Kim! Get here!” Yunho called as he opened the door with the key he was given. Jaejoong stopped looking like a kid in a candy shop and toddled over with her large Hello Kitty suitcase. Yunho pointed at the door next to the one he opened, “that’s your apartment. Use the keys the landlord gave you.” Jaejoong did as she was told and opened the door. That excited her unnaturally.

“hey Yunho, give me your spare keys.” Jaejoong showed her hand to him expecting a key to be placed on it. Yunho looked at the hand and then at her sceptically, “you planning to molest me in the night or something?” that same hand landed a loud smack on Yunho’s head, “to cook for you idiot.”

“Yeah, I know. Take a joke.” Yunho huffed as he rubbed his head, “there’s only one key for the door and one key for the letter box. We’ll make spare keys for later. Come over for now.” Yunho stepped inside and Jaejoong followed. It was an empty house with only a refrigerator, stove and a microwave. There’s no TV but their parents have chipped in to buy a TV, computer, and few household essentials the teens could share. The landlord was gracious to have both houses cleaned before they arrived but the room still smelt of stale air.

“I think we should get a humidifier too.”  Jaejoong said scrunching her nose with the smell in the air.

“it’ll be fine after a while. For now we need to find some mattresses from the thrift shop and get those cleaned,” Yunho spoke as he inspected the lights, “I know this guy who can get us a utensils real cheap. And we’ll buy a used TV, and use the extra money for food. For now, let’s go look for a convenience store and buy some takeout.”

Jaejoong was amazed at Yunho suddenly turning into such a responsible man. “Wow Yunho! You sound like you’ve done this before.” Jaejoong meant it as a joke but Yunho look struck. “Yun?”

Yunho looked down before he sighed, “I have done this before.” Jaejoong drew back a bit, “Living along?”

“training to be an idol.” He heard Jaejoong take a sharp intake of breath, “yeah. I came to Seoul before, couple of months before I met you. I’ve always wanted to be an idol and I was a trainee in this new company. But things didn’t work out. So I came back…and you know the rest.”

Jaejoong blinked. Now that was some big news from the man she began dating a month ago, known for more than a year. As much as she wants to get mad for Yunho keeping such a big secret, she knows that’s the last thing they both need. So she saw things in positive light, “Okay, so it didn’t work out last time.” Jaejoong processed that bit and exhaled, “it’s okay, it’s alright.” She smiled, “this time you’re prepared. And you’re not alone. We’re going to look out for each other okay.” And she tried to the bromance, punch on the shoulder thing which came out hilarious. Yunho pointed that out by snorting.

~~~

Yunho dragged his feet past his door and all but crawled to his comfy mattress on the floor. For six months he has been working himself to the bone, having dance and vocal training with the other trainees, impressing his coaches because he’s gone through this once before and knows what to do and what not to do. But today is supposed to be happy and he should be called Jaejoong right now. but his limbs are already asleep.

“Yunho?” he smiled hearing the voice that came with the opening of the door, “Yun, are you here? I heard your door open.” Even as she spoke, Jaejoong entered and found Yunho sprawled on his futon rather funnily. “hey!” she smacked his thigh and planted her on the cushion, “you need a shower. I made fried rice today.”

“hmm…” Yunho sat up and made no move to go to the bathroom. instead, he smiled goofily making Jaejoong chuckle as well, “what?” she asked. Yunho held up three fingers. Jaejoong looked at his hands closely and at Yunho, gesturing with her eyes for an answer, “three months.”

“Huh?”

“In the next three months, I record an LP, learn a new choreography, shoot a new music video. In three months, I drop my first single.”

As Jaejoong heard those words, her eyes widened. While she stared at Yunho, he nodded to confirm the news and in no time, Jaejoong jumped to her feet.

“AAAAAH! I DON’T BELIEVE IT! EEEEEEE!” Jaejoong squealed and shouted and did all kinds of things making Yunho chuckle. One would think she’s becoming an idol.

“Yah miss model!” Yunho held his arms out, “shouldn’t you be congratulating me?” Jaejoong made an expression of realization that’s she’s celebrating on her own. She quickly threw herself in Yunho’s arms, “I’m not a model. I’ve only done like four shoots.” And she gave him a big congratulatory kiss.

“I don’t know any newbie models who pick and choose their shoots.” Yunho nuzzled Jaejoong’s neck and signed blissfully at the smell of strawberry on her skin, “I’m going to be so busy now. but it’ll be fine… as long as I come home to you everyday.”

Jaejoong chuckled to that. “yeah… I’ll be always waiting for you… but what if you want some pretty singer then?” Jaejoong joked and Yunho clicked his tongue. He pecked her lips twice and lingered there for a moment, “I don’t need pretty. I have an angel right here in my arms.” that was cheesy, Yunho would admit once he’s not sleep-addled, but it did have the desired effect on Jaejoong. she hid her glowing red face in Yunho’s shoulder, “you should call your parents.”

“later. They’re probably sleeping right now.”

“Yunho?”

“hmm?”

“One day… will you… if I compose a song you like, would you sing it?” Jaejoong could feel Yunho’s chest and shoulders vibrate with a low chuckle.  “one day, I’m going to be so successful that I’ll reject other composers and only si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter