Malfunction

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Faith+Benton

I would like it if you could do a POV about when Sehun hits his head and he ended up cutting his head because of the camera during one of their concerts. I’d like how they handled it and have the members take care of him after the concerts maybe have him get a concussion. If you could do it as a Sehun/everyone pairing that would be awesome.

 

Word count: 1777

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun didn’t even see it coming, but he sure felt it.

 

One moment he was dancing along to the beat and the next thing he knew he was only the floor, hand clutching his head as it throbbed in indescribable pain, his ears ringing.

 

Everything is spinning. The world is turning and it makes him nauseous, his stomach finding its way into his throat. He wants to close his eyes and sleep but the dizzying feeling stops him from doing so.

 

Someone’s trying to talk to him but his mind is so muddled to hear what they’re trying to say to him. There are hands on him, on his face, on is back, under his arms. They’re everywhere.

 

There’s a light flashed into his eye. It doesn’t hurt but he wants it to stop. He tries to bat away at where it’s coming from but his arms won’t cooperate.

 

He feels the world slip out from under him and suddenly he can tell he’s in someone’s arms. He doesn’t know who but the sound of the persons heartbeat soothes him.

 

He wants to sleep.

 

So sleep he does.

 

 

~X~

 

 

No one had seen it coming.

 

They were all well aware of the positions of the cameras, where they had to look and places they had to avoid. They had spent days memorising everything to the finest detail to ensure the right footage was captured in the big screens and to make sure no one got hurt.

 

At first they hadn’t even known that something had happened but when the screams from the crowd turned from elated to frantic they knew something wasn’t quite right.

 

It hadn’t taken them long to spot Sehun’s form on the floor, hand clutching his head. They all immediately rushed over to the youngest of them, their minds to worried to even think about trying to continue on with their concert.

 

It was Junmyeon who crouched down in front of him and took Sehun’s face into his hands, carefully removing Sehun’s hand from his head to get a better look at the damage. They all cringe when the deep colour of red stains his pale hand.

 

They form a half circle around the two as they wait for help to arrive. Junmyeon tries to talk to Sehun, to get him to respond but the younger seems to not hear him, his eyes vacant and threatening to close.

 

None of them know what to do. Should they let him sleep? Should they keep him awake? None of them have an experience dealing with something like this.

 

They all sigh in relief when they see someone in medical gear run across the stage and over to them. Junmyeon moves over to make room for the medic who uses his finger to open Sehun’s eyes as he shines a low light into them.

 

“His pupils are dilated. He definitely has a concussion. We need to get him to the hospital.” He says, slipping the light back into his vest. “Can one of you carry him? There’s an ambulance on standby.”

 

Chanyeol immediately steps forward and picks Sehun up bridal style and follows the medic backstage with the others following on behind him like little chicks, all concerned about their maknae.

 

“.” They hear the medic say. “He’s fallen asleep.”

 

“What? Is that bad?!” Baekhyun exclaims.

 

The medic purses his lips. “It can be. It’s better if we get him to the hospital as soon as we can.” He doesn’t elaborate and as desperately as they want answers they hold themselves back.

 

When they get Sehun in the ambulance there’s a bustle of activity. Only one of them are allowed in and as much as they all want to go they make no objections when Junmyeon steps into the ambulance. The rest of them rush off to the cars where their managers are already waiting for them.

 

The entire ride there is filled with nervous energy, the usual lively atmosphere completely absent. The older ones are doing their best to comfort the younger ones. Jongdae had taken it upon himself to attach himself to Jongin, the younger pretty much burying himself into Jongdae’s side. Yixing takes Chanyeol, his arm around the rappers waist and hand in his hair. Minseok has both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo on either side, his arms around their shoulders. They’re all pale with worry.

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Yixing’s phones had been turned off to avoid the constant stream of notifications coming from fans on their social media accounts.

 

They run into the hospital as soon as the car stops at the front. They’re probably a sight, seven men dressed in clothes that one would not wear in public along with full concert makeup on but they honestly couldn’t care less.

 

Junmyeon is waiting for them, arms crossed in an effort to reign in his own anxiety.

 

“Hyung, what’s happening?” questions Kyungsoo, has hands shoved in the back pockets on his pant to keep himself from biting his fingers.

 

“They’ve taken him on for a consultation. They wouldn’t tell me anything else until they were finished but it’s a given that he has a concussion.”

 

“He’s going to be okay… right?” Jongin say softly, eyes open wide practically begging someone to tell him that Sehun’s going to be okay.

 

Jongdae rubs the back of the youngers neck. “Of course he’s going to be okay Jonginnie. It’s Sehun.” He comforts the youngest member present.

 

“Yeah. He’s going to be fine.” Echoes Minseok.

 

They all park themselves up somewhere to wait for news. It doesn’t take long for someone to bring the news they had been waiting to hear.

 

“Oh Sehun’s condition is fine. I understand he had a nasty blow to the head from a camera.” They all nod. “There was a small cut from the impact. There was a lot of blood but head wounds do tend to bleed more making it look more serious than it actually is. We stopped the bleeding and glued the wound together as it wasn’t big enough to require stitches. With any luck it shouldn’t scar either.”

 

They all listen in rapt attention.

 

“He does in fact have a concussion. I was worried to hear that he had fallen asleep which can be quite dangerous if he hadn’t been coherent after the blow to his head which the medic on scene told me he hadn’t been. But he did regain consciousness and he was able to have a lucid conversation with me which is a good sign. He’s sleeping now and while I’m happy with his condition, to be safe we’re going to keep him overnight for observation.”

 

They all want to cry out in relief. Their maknae was going to be okay!

 

“I’ll have a list of things to avoid to ensure that he recovers properly sent over to your managers. You can see him now but make sure not to wake him. Rest is what he needs the most of to properly recover.”

 

They all huddle into the youngers hospital room, breaths low and voices hushed as to not wake him. They take in his peaceful expression and can feel their hearts rest easier now that they’ve seem for themselves that he’s well and truly okay.

 

Junmyeon’s phone vibrates in his pocket and he checks it, signalling the others over to him after he had read it.

 

One of their managers had forwarded him Sehun’s list of recovery do’s and don’t.

 

They all groaned knowing they were going to have their hands full.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Sehun wasn’t happy. Not one bit.

 

He was fine.

 

His head was healing nicely and he wasn’t dizzy anymore but his hyungs still wouldn’t let him do anything. Like… anything at all.

 

He wanted to get up and get a drink? He would be pushed back down and a cup would find itself in his hand.

 

He wanted to shower? Baekhyun would join him to make sure his lanky self wouldn’t slip and fall which wouldn’t happen anyway but Baekhyun didn’t seem to listen, his “But what if you start feeling dizzy? Someone needs to be there to catch you!” being his response to Sehun trying to shove Baekhyun through and locking the bathroom door to finally shower in peace.

 

He wanted to practice? Minseok would manhandle him back to bed and keep him from leaving the dorm. Now with this one he knew he was in the wrong. It had only been a few days since the incident and he had yet to be cleared to engage in strenuous physical activity. But it was in his nature to do something when he was told specifically not to do it. It also wasn’t in his nature to sit still and do nothing.

 

That was the downfall of his injury.

 

There were upsides however. Some that came in the form of the increase in affection from s. Something he was more than okay with.

 

You wouldn’t think while looking at him that he would be someone who was inclined to physical affection but despite his somewhat cold appearance he thrived off it.

 

After the incident more often than not he would find someone, or multiple someones attached to his side. He would burrow into them causing whoever it was this time to hold him tighter.

 

He would often feel a set of lips on his neck or on his forehead, a hand ghosting across his hip bones. He would wake up to find himself cuddled up to someone as they ran their fingers through his hair. If there was one thing that indicated he had a concussion was how much he felt like sleeping. He had been told it was a good thing that he got as much rest as he could, that it helped with the healing process as it helps his brain recover, cognitive rest or something like that. He wasn’t really paying that much attention.

 

They had also been given permission to once again use their social media accounts, well those who had one anyway. Their Instagram accounts had been flooded with “Get well soon!” messages after SM had released a statement explaining the incident and that while injured he was okay. It had been revealed that one of the cameras had malfunctioned, causing it to stray from its pre-set programming. So really, no one had been at fault. It was just an unfortunate accident.

 

While he doesn’t like being injured he did like the added attention he received from his hyungs because of it. He’ll have to figure out ways to make it up to them for taking such good care of him and he had a few ideas.

 


Finally in the 30's guys! Hooray :D

Okay so it was been so busy this week and I'm so drained already and it's only Wednesday. Prac is going pretty good. My mentor is really nice and she's doing a lot to help me out and give me pointers. It's nerve wracking. It almost feels like I've been asked to walk into  a surgery with no knowledge about the procedure. I just want to sleep for eternity! I have so many things I want to do but can't do them until prac is over.

Okay, so by now you all probably know that SNSD/Girls Generation has just lost Sooyoung, Seohyun and Tiffany, leaving SNSD with only 5 members. It's sad. I wouldn't call myself a stan of them but I do listen to some of their songs. I love Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Tiffany's solo work and it's sad to see them go. They have their reasons and I'm not going to say they're wrong, it's their choice. It's been said that they will now promote as 5 members but I wonder if they actually will. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll leave it at that today. I have some more things to prepare for tomorrow before I go to bed because I am exhausted. See you all next week when I only have two days of prac left! Pray for my survival.