Ruin

Smoke, Fire, and Chains

The smell of blood in the air surrounds his body along with the wisps of smoke. Daesung looks on as humanity lays dying around him, having been the one to cause it. Red drips off of his fingers and decorates his chest, adding color to the fur on his arm. He turns his eyes to two beings that struggle to hold on to life, two humans who lie in the rubble of the earth. One of them stumbles to his feet and staggers to the demon.

"Stop this Daesung, please! Everything is gone, nothing left. You-you won alright!" The human pleads.

Yellow eyes glare at the man, studying him for a moment. Then, a smirk grows on his face.

"A little late in pleading for your life human. By the looks of it, you and the other one won't last long either way." He chuckles.

The human takes a quick glance at the other behind him, clenches his fists, and stands his ground. Daesung his head to the side, blinks, and laughs.

"You really think you can take me on! Don't you remember your friends doing the same thing and failing terribly? Pretty sure one of them is scattered in pieces around us after he charged at me in stupidity. Though, I did rip out his lovers heart." He contempates.

"It didn't take much to kill him, with how thin and weak he was. His limbs tore of easily as he screamed in pain..."

"Jiyong wasn't weak! You in-...ack!" The human clutches his side.

Another person crawls over to him and clings to his leg. He begs the other to stop.

"Don't do this, you're killing yourself! You're puncturing your lungs with shattered bone, wasting your breath. I need you to stay alive for me!"

"Hyung..." The other rasps.

Slowly, he kneels before the other and they cling to each other. A kiss on the forehead and soft whisperes are shared between the two. Daesung stares on blankly, eyes a muted gold. He looks toward the blackened sky, soon enough returning his gaze to the duo.

With a wave of his hand, the first human's skin begins to burn as the other stares on in shock. The shorter man screeches in pain, wrything in the others arms.

"No!! Youngbae, Youngbae!" The older screams.

Soon enough though, he feels his throat being slit and his blood pour onto his boyfriends sizzling skin. As the light leaves their eyes, the demon turns and walks away from the carnage.

A lonely soul, wandering a dead world.