Second Hymn

Hymn of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we going?"

"I told you we're going to my house," Sunggyu says simply.

Remi gives him a look and waits for Sunggyu to look in her direction but the older simply walks with his chin up.

Remi frowns. Isn't it a little weird to go to a man's house? And it's Sunggyu. She doesn't even know the guy very well. The moment they walked down the hallway side by side, Remi was sure everyone was staring at them both in surprise and curiousity. It doesn't even help one bit that today is Valentine's Day. Remi could just imagine the things running through their heads.

"Why are we going to your house?" she asks.

This time, Sunggyu finally looks at her. The older had to look down a little and she had to look up because of their height difference. It was a little awkward. They kept walking though. "Didn't you say you want to hear me play? We don't have a piano in the music room so we're going to my place."

She nods. Ah.

Remi hesitates but she asks it anyway. "Would your parents mind?"

Sunggyu once again looks at her and this time, he had placed his hands in his pockets. "Well, they're not at home right now. They're in Gyeonggi-do celebrating my grandparents' wedding anniversary. They won't be back until tomorrow afternoon."

"Ah," she says again. Feeling even more uneasy knowing they'll be alone together. "Should we stop by a supermarket so I can bring maybe some juice or snacks?"

Sunggyu seems a bit surprised and he quickly pried one hand from his pocket to protest. "Aniya. You don't have to. We won't be there long besides, it's just the two of us."

"Oh, okay."

Remi was surprised to find out that Sunggyu was actually living simpler than she thought. They were living in a small apartment with a simple setting. There was a small rectangular table in the middle of the living room and a maroon floor mattress for sitting.

The television was on the left corner of the room and on the right corner, Remi sees an old upright piano.

"Deuleowa," Sunggyu says simply as he his lips and opens the door wider. He takes off his shoes and Remi follows suit, sitting on the floor mattress.

"Want something to drink?"

"Tea is fine," she says politely, feeling a little awkward.

Sunggyu nods and quickly prepares the tea. He places it in front of Remi and sits across her, holding a few piece of papers in his hand.

"I'm thinking maybe we could sing these songs," he says sliding two pieces of paper infront of her.

Remi picks up the cup of tea and put it further away to make sure it won't spill. On top of the paper, she reads the song title 'Breath' and 'I Love U I Like U'.

She looks at Sunggyu. "Love songs?"

The other simply nods. "I'm thinking I can play the piano for Breath." 

He stands up and walks over to the piano. He clears his throat and looks over at Remi. "Try not to fall in love," he suddenly says, startling Remi.

Remi was surprised. She didn't realize Sunggyu makes those kind of jokes, too. "Yeah, not gonna happen."

Sunggyu laughs. "Alright then."

He places his hand on top of the keyboard and retracts it to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter