First Hymn

Hymn of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Remi stands frozen at the door of the music room. Her cheeks flushing a little and her eyes glued on Sunggyu.

The smile on Sunggyu's lips slowly disappeared and curiosity registers on his face. 

"Hello," Dongwoo greets politely, seeming surprised to see an unfamiliar face. 

This takes Remi's attention and she looks away from Sunggyu, trying her best not to look embarassed. She smiles at Dongwoo and hums a soft hello. She helps herself inside and takes the empty couch on the corner of the room, all the way feeling Sunggyu's eyes on her. 

Dongwoo trails behind her and cheerfully introduces himself. "I'm Dongwoo, by the way." 

Remi smiles. "Now, who wouldn't know the Jang Dongwoo?"

Dongwoo, embarassed, lets out a cackled laugh and Remi finds herself laughing with him. Remi wonders why Dongwoo suddenly seems a bit more attractive. 

"I'm Yoo Remi," she smiles.

The sudden movement from Sunggyu catches the two's attention and Remi tilts her head questioningly at him. "Have you picked a song?" 

Sunggyu his lips. "I have a few in mind but I want to hear you sing first," he looks at her expectantly. 

Remi couldn't stop the blush creeping on her cheeks and she looks away, heaving a sigh. She pretends to be burdened and places her chin on her palms. "I'm pretty confident with my voice, I wanna hear you sing."
 
Sunggyu huffs and Remi quickly averted her eyes on his direction to look, a little disappointed that she missed the small smile. 

"Sunggyu hyung is pretty good," Dongwoo butts in. "His voice is like, heavenly." 

Remi turns to look at Sunggyu expectantly. She raises a brow when she sees the senior student standing on his spot with his arms crossed and was staring at the floor, nodding and his lips as if Dongwoo hadnt just exaggerated his talent. 

She's heard from Sorn that Sunggyu was part of the school's chorale group before but she haven't exactly heard the older sing. He never joins any competition and Remi thinks this was the first. From what she's heard from Mr Choi, they had to beg Sunggyu to join. The bands from last year had already graduated so there's really hardly anybody performing and joining the competitions for this year's school festival.

She didn’t really want to join either but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter