Miso

Hymn of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Remi frowns as she sit inside Mrs. Han's office. Across her sits Sunggyu with his arms crossed on top of his chest, eyes squinting in disinterest.

Mrs Han drops a few papers on top of her desk and slumps on her swivel chair. "Here are some songs Mr. Choi and I had pick. We thought these would suit your voices," she slides the paper in front of them. "You can pick anything you like. You'd have to pick two songs as long as you'll play an instrument for one song," Mrs Han tilts her glasses down and looks at Sunggyu. "I'm thinking maybe Sunggyu can play the piano?"

Sunggyu seemed a bit surprise as he points to himself. And for the first time, Remi actually sees the irises of his eyes and the way his eyes widen in a weird way, Remi couldn't help but stare. She was both trying to stop herself from making a face and from smirking. He looked funny.

"Yeah, you. Would you?"

Sunggyu looked a bit hesitant but he nodded anyway.

Curious, Remi gathered her courage to finally speak up. "You play the piano?" 

"Yeah," he simply nodded as he his lips, arms still crossed on top of his chest. 

Remi waits for Sunggyu to continue speaking, hoping he'll continue the conversation. Since they will have to be together for a couple of weeks to prepare for the competition, Remi thought she might as well ease the awkwardness a little. But Sunggyu doesn't say anything, he simply nods his head as he looks over Mrs Han, his eyes still squinting.

She frowns. She gives Mrs Han a look, asking for help, but the Professor only flattened her eyes at her and nods as if she was assuring her that everything will be okay.

Remi didn’t hold it in anymore. She releases a sigh and places her arm on top of Mrs Han's desk, proping her chin over her palm. This earns her a look from Sunggyu and he raises a brow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter